My daughter's first home game.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Duh, fellas. There’s a pinned link where the TBD gang will be. 

It's been 28 years since I've been to a home game myself, thank you.

We've been to away bills games in Cincy, used to be St Louis, Indy and Nashville (yes I was there for the backwards lateral game..

Where do you recommend lodging?

2 minutes ago, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

We've been to away bills games in Cincy, used to be St Louis, Indy and Nashville (yes I was there for the backwards lateral game..

Not in any of the roach motels near the stadium (and Im not even sure roaches will live there anymore).

Just now, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

20 and 22 

Then I'd recommend something downtown so they can see the city and some nightlife too. And get some great wings at Gabe's Gate.

You have the Hampton Inn, and Embassy Suites on Delaware. Or the Best Western-On the Avenue as a more cost effective spot, and that is right in the heart of Allentown, a two block walk to Gabe's Gate, Allentown Burger Venture, etc.

JMO

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Then I'd recommend something downtown so they can see the city and some nightlife too. And get some great wings at Gabe's Gate.

You have the Hampton Inn, and Embassy Suites on Delaware. Or the Best Western-On the Avenue as a more cost effective spot, and that is right in the heart of Allentown, a two block walk to Gabe's Gate, Allentown Burger Venture, etc.

JMO

Dr,

Truly thank you for your recommendations, on this busy news day.  I'll definitely do a change up from the airport. 

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I mean, our franchise quarterback seems to like Buffalo Wild Wings.  So I’d probably recommend that.

It'll be on our 4 day menu

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

The Red Roof has a horrible buffet. People die every week

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

Looking for recommendations for tailgating, lodging and wings? 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Duh, fellas. There’s a pinned link where the TBD gang will be. 

45 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Are you coming to the TBD tailgate?

I would also recommend the TBD tailgate. Although I'm not sure I'd bring my 20-something daughters around most of this board.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, eee1776 said:

I always stay at he airport Holiday inn. It has a decent restaurant and its close to the mall and easy ride to the stadium.

My daughter is much younger, 13, but we are staying here. Have a rental car and plan to go to Niagara Falls, Bar Bill for wings and wreck plus going to the Bills store for merchandise. Plan to hit Ted’s as well. Open to other recommendations for must go to restaurants.

Edited by TFBillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

My daughter is much younger, 13, but we are staying here. Have a rental car and plan to go to Niagara Falls, Bar Bill for wings and wreck plus going to the Bills store for merchandise. Plan to hit Ted’s as well. Open to other recommendations for must go to restaurants.

This is my Great Nephews first game at High Mark. Looks like we have the same iteneary goint to the falls on Saturday, maybe salvatores on Friday night

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I would also recommend the TBD tailgate. Although I'm not sure I'd bring my 20-something daughters around most of this board.

Dr, my girls have smashed so many tables, loving the cocktails and want to be part of the tailgate. They are asking how many tables do they need to bring.

55 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Yes we're doing the same thing TF, harding to the falls on Monday and Tuesday after the game

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

Dr,

Truly thank you for your recommendations, on this busy news day.  I'll definitely do a change up from the airport. 

It'll be on our 4 day menu

I’m jealous of your 4 day window! It’s always a struggle for me to get in all the WNY food I want to eat!

I usually build in enough time to hit my favorite spots, but this year we will be coming in on Saturday from a Friday wedding in Chicago. I’ll have my wife, son and DIL with me and they need to be back at work Monday so catching some insanely early flights Monday morning. It will be the first game in Orchard Park for the wife and DIL and they are pretty excited!  

In addition to downtown, which has a lot of great options, you may want to consider along Main St in Williamsville where we will be staying this year. Lots of bars and restaurants (and even a brewery, I think) within walking distance of the Hampton Inn there. 

Whatever you decide, have a GREAT TIME! Go make some memories! 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m jealous of your 4 day window! It’s always a struggle for me to get in all the WNY food I want to eat!

I usually build in enough time to hit my favorite spots, but this year we will be coming in on Saturday from a Friday wedding in Chicago. I’ll have my wife, son and DIL with me and they need to be back at work Monday so catching some insanely early flights Monday morning. It will be the first game in Orchard Park for the wife and DIL and they are pretty excited!  

In addition to downtown, which has a lot of great options, you may want to consider along Main St in Williamsville where we will be staying this year. Lots of bars and restaurants (and even a brewery, I think) within walking distance of the Hampton Inn there. 

Whatever you decide, have a GREAT TIME! Go make some memories! 

Thank you Augie. The menu for food is most important to me as well. I hope your DL and wife have a great time. 

20 minutes ago, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

Thank you gungy

My pleasure.  Chandler takes a lot of naps.  Unless Matlock or the People's Court are on, he's in La La Land.  So I figured I'd answer so you didn't have to wait.

On 8/31/2021 at 2:31 PM, HOUSE said:

The Red Roof has a horrible buffet. People die every week

Oof memories. 

A "buddy" of mine recommended Red roof for my first visit to Buffalo. 

I showed up saw the place and ahem "clientele" and was not happy.  

Thankfully the super expensive hotel right close by had one room left at like $400 American a night (I'm Canadian)

When I got home I punched my buddy so hard he couldn't move his arm for a week. 

Edited by DJB

On 8/31/2021 at 2:21 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

JMO

Depending upon COVID situation it is also really nice to stay on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. Where depends a bit on your budget but I have used the Four Points and found it nice but not spectacular. 

On 8/31/2021 at 5:22 PM, From Roc to Ky bills fan said:

Yes we are

Yes we are

Gotta get the papers, get the papers...

Oh, and I second the Allentown recommendation but I'd rent an AirBnB rather than stay in a hotel.  We do that all the time when we come up.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, eball said:

Gotta get the papers, get the papers...

Oh, and I second the Allentown recommendation but I'd rent an AirBnB rather than stay in a hotel.  We do that all the time when we come up.

Thank you eball, I'll check it out now

37 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Abbot Road closes down by the stadium at 8 AM. Got to Hammer's lot at 7 AM ehe last game i went to. That's where Pinto Ken is.

Will do Wacks, 

Been taking my son since he was young like 7yrs old, but I'll never forget my daughter's first game.  She went with us one time was like 10 yrs old, Raiders game on a dark overcast morning.  I'll never forget walking through the satellite lots and with the dreary backdrop and fires burning and all manner of loud lubed up characters and the occasional painted Raider fan it probably seemed to her like some hellscape from a Mad Max movie - I saw her eyes get very wide and she sidled over to get right next to me for the rest of the walk in 😛 

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1