Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis must sit out 5 days due to close contact

BillsMafi$

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Can you explain why it makes a difference?   If you are vaxxed, and can still get the virus and also pass the virus, why does having a mix matter?  Serious question, not trying to be sarcastic.

I appreciate your serious question, but please go look at the data on transmission risk provided in the Covid Facts thread, and if you want more discussion hit me, and I'll be happy to explain in PM.  General epidemiology discussion is beyond the scope here.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

But what is much lower?  Have they quantified it?    I see breakthroughs, especially in sports teams constantly being reported.

Yes. That's what the guy above was talking about when he said it was about 80% effective. Supposed to be around 90% effective at preventing infection from the old strains and about 80% effective from the Delta variant last I saw.

Even if it's only 10 - 20% of people exposed getting infected, if millions are being exposed, that's still tons of cases.

Why are people so uneducated still about the vaccine?  You CAN test positive when you are vaccinated.   What is so hard to understand about that?  Many people here think and assume Star and Gabe are unvaccinated.   If they have stated as such, I'm wrong, but nowhere has this been stated to my knowledge.

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

Just now, warrior9 said:

Which makes no sense because clearly, the guy who has COVID .. is vaccinated. 

Rules are rules though .

Exactly, You Got It.  The rule may or may not make sense, but the Rule is the Rule and (as Belly Cheat proved time and time again) the advantage goes to those who use the rules to their advantage.

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

Why are people so uneducated still about the vaccine?  You CAN test positive when you are vaccinated.   What is so hard to understand about that?  Many people here think and assume Star and Gabe are unvaccinated.   If they have stated as such, I'm wrong, bit nowhere has this been stated to my knowledge.

If they were vaccinated, they would not have been sent home... per the NFL rules.

It makes noooo sense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Read the posts.  Posters are literally bemoaning the fact that the Bills have players who havent received the vaccine, when the person they are being sent home for being in close contact with had the vaccine. 

If they had been vaccinated and tested negative there is no 5 day isolation. 

What happens if any of these 3 test positive, miss their time, and then say, Week 4 this happens again and they're unvaccinated but clearly should have natural immunity.... I'm assuming they still have to miss 5 days again?

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Why are people so uneducated still about the vaccine?  You CAN test positive when you are vaccinated.   What is so hard to understand about that?  Many people here think and assume Star and Gabe are unvaccinated.   If they have stated as such, I'm wrong, bit nowhere has this been stated to my knowledge.

We think they're unvaccinated (or not fully vaccinated) because per NFL policy, vaccinated players who are close contacts get tested daily but don't need to quarantine as long as they test negative.

Caveat that they could be in the process of getting vaccinated and the "unvaccinated" rules would still apply.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If they were vaccinated they wouldn't have been tested this morning.... And they wouldn't be sent home for being a close contact...

They aren't vaccinated

• Like (+1) 1

Why are people so uneducated still about the vaccine?  You CAN test positive when you are vaccinated.   What is so hard to understand about that?  Many people here think and assume Star and Gabe are unvaccinated.   If they have stated as such, I'm wrong, but nowhere has this been stated to my knowledge.

They are unvaccinated. They would not have been sent home otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

They would not have been sent home of they were fully vaccinated. It is possible they have had one or both shots but have not yet cleared the time frame to be considered fully vaccinated 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Which makes little sense, because the person they are worried about had the vaccine.   Do you see how backwards that is?

I don’t think the horse collar tackle should be allowed while the QB is in the pocket. I think the player’s safety is just as much at risk in the pocket as outside of it when tackled by the back of the jersey. I think that logic is backwards. 

But that’s the NFL’s rule; horse collar isn’t against the rules if done while the QB is in the pocket.

I can stomp my feet all day long about how that doesn’t make sense, but it won’t change because I don’t understand it. Also, players are made aware of the rule. It’s not for me to like it or not, or approve of it. 

• Agree 1

This is an example of why we should keep seven WRs…, 

• Agree 2