Mitchell Trubisky's revenge PLUS Highlights

HOUSE

image.png.282078ffc96d0d24510d2c6282af1fb9.png

NFL.com

Published: Aug 21, 2021 at 04:35 PM

Mitchell Trubisky's revenge!

The former Bears first-round quarterback continued a career-long trend of frustrating Chicago fans. However, this time Trubisky provided the Soldier Field crowd with exasperation by dicing up the home team's defense. Aided by Brian Daboll's stellar planning and play selection, Trubisky hit a cornucopia of slants, destroying Chicago's defense to the tune of 20-of-28 passing for 221 yards and one TD while putting up 34 points in just two quarters. Trubisky looked as calm as he ever has under center, finding targets quickly and escaping when needed. Often Trubisky's first read was open, and he showed good accuracy over the middle. He still doesn't have the deep sideline throw in his toolbox, but that was the only negative for him on Saturday. The Bills punted once in Trubisky's seven drives, scoring TDs on the first four possessions. Trubisky signed in Buffalo to work under Daboll's tutelage behind Josh Allen and revamp his NFL value. On Saturday, the QB showed his reclamation process is off to a great start.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-preseason-week-2-what-we-learned-from-saturday-s-games

Edited by HOUSE
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 7

• HOUSE changed the title to Mitchell Trubisky's revenge PLUS Highlights

I was a big fan of his coming out of college. Did he become the QB that I expected him to be? No, but I do think he can be a starter in the NFL. I do think he would dominate in New England, especially with the TEs that they have. This offense is perfect him. The Erhardt Perkins offense is tailor made for Trubisky. I can’t believe New England didn’t sign him. Did they seriously go with Cam Newton over Trubisky? Unbelievable. 

31 minutes ago, Might Rather said:

If you were a Bears fan that would be pretty disappointing watching Truisbkey carve them up then watch what the redheaded stepchild go 3& out drive after drive.

And the putative savior going 9-19 for 80 yards against 3rd stringers.

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.282078ffc96d0d24510d2c6282af1fb9.png

NFL.com

Published: Aug 21, 2021 at 04:35 PM

Mitchell Trubisky's revenge!

The former Bears first-round quarterback continued a career-long trend of frustrating Chicago fans. However, this time Trubisky provided the Soldier Field crowd with exasperation by dicing up the home team's defense. Aided by Brian Daboll's stellar planning and play selection, Trubisky hit a cornucopia of slants, destroying Chicago's defense to the tune of 20-of-28 passing for 221 yards and one TD while putting up 34 points in just two quarters. Trubisky looked as calm as he ever has under center, finding targets quickly and escaping when needed. Often Trubisky's first read was open, and he showed good accuracy over the middle. He still doesn't have the deep sideline throw in his toolbox, but that was the only negative for him on Saturday. The Bills punted once in Trubisky's seven drives, scoring TDs on the first four possessions. Trubisky signed in Buffalo to work under Daboll's tutelage behind Josh Allen and revamp his NFL value. On Saturday, the QB showed his reclamation process is off to a great start.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-preseason-week-2-what-we-learned-from-saturday-s-games

"The revenge of Motorboatin' Mitchell":wub:

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Could you imagine if they convert Mitch into a tradable commodity? He looked very competent executing the offense. 

Why don't we convert him into QB 1A.:cry:

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I can live with that outcome.

Who is going to backup for the other 5 SB wins? Remember Reich had significant playtime during some of those SB years...

I have a few Chicago buddies.. That was a fun Facebook group chat lol. 

Brian Daboll is now #1 on their Nagy replacement list. 
They thought the scheme to dissect their defense was great. Made Mitch look like a star. Mitch apparently played with a confidence they have not seen in his time with Chicago. I didn’t watch him a ton with the Bears but I watched enough to know Nagy is not a good coach. I joked on Facebook earlier, square peg into a round hole with that guy. Daboll showed him up today scheming to Trubiskys strengths 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I have a few Chicago buddies.. That was a fun Facebook group chat lol. 

Brian Daboll is now #1 on their Nagy replacement list. 
They thought the scheme to dissect their defense was great. Made Mitch look like a star. Mitch apparently played with a confidence they have not seen in his time with Chicago. I didn’t watch him a ton with the Bears but I watched enough to know Nagy is not a good coach. I joked on Facebook earlier, square peg into a round hole with that guy. Daboll showed him up today scheming to Trubiskys strengths 

Good coach? That may be a stretch. Good HC? You may be right.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Might Rather said:

If you were a Bears fan that would be pretty disappointing watching Truisbkey carve them up then watch what the redheaded stepchild go 3& out drive after drive.

meh. Rarely do the reclamation projects go anywhere. They have their new lottery ticket. 

I watched the live stream on Game Pass. Chicago announcers, but they were very complimentary about Mitch and the Bills. No bitterness towards Trubisky, no "Where was this guy for the past 4 years?" or anything like that. Also, no bashing of Nagy or suggestions that he's on the hot seat.

As far as fans calling for Daboll to replace Nagy, it would be ironic, if not awkward, if he got the gig and brought Trubisky there with him.

We still make the playoffs with Mitch. That's how good I think this team is as a whole. We need Allen to go the distance but Mitch can weather the storm if needed. He was just in a bad situation in Chicago. This is perfect for him to reinvent himself. He's a good fit for our offense.  

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I see a world were Mitch ends up with Daboll in Denver next year and they are immediately playoff contenders. I understand today was a preseason game but that is an offense without much talent.

Chances are they'll be elsewhere next season. Maybe not together but you never know. Daboll is definitely going to get a gig with some team. His schemes are absolutely artful and he seems to only to be getting better.

34 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Chances are they'll be elsewhere next season. Maybe not together but you never know. Daboll is definitely going to get a gig with some team. His schemes are absolutely artful and he seems to only to be getting better.

My sorta prediction is based on the fact that Mitch will be had for about a 3 year 45 million contract. Denver needs a good QB and I think in the right system he Mitch is the guy 

3 hours ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Sadly 1 yr contract. He and Daboll will move on after the Bills win the Super Bowl.

Very good candidate to get them a compensatory draft pick when he is signed by another team next year in free agency

6 hours ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

So happy for Mitch. He was over drafted and thrown to the wolves.

He is going to do aok in the NFL. Teaming up with Dabs and JA was a brilliant move.

Still has to work on his long ball. Has to be able to connect on the deep passes or teams make him pay