Sweeney Injury

BubbaT

Does anyone have any information on the severity of his injury? I've been looking for info but have had no luck finding anything. I don't think anyone asked McD at the presser today about it either. He appeared to be fine during the Lions game and then all of a sudden he's in a walking boot thereafter. It seemed like he'd fill the Lee Smith blocking TE role but would be a better pass catching option than Smith was. They really have no one else that does that (I think Gilliam is too small for an in line blocking TE).

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Nobody knows

Yeah, but @BubbaT has a point - you’d think one of the reporters would ask.  He probably wouldn’t get a meaningful answer though.  Look at the “radio silence” around Diggs.

I think Sweeney has shown a lot of promise, but he’s looking like a prime candidate for the moniker “boo-boo foot”

10 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I bet Sweeney knows. 

And the Shadow Knows.  

I think that one is even before the great Chandman.

I believe his best strength is not blocking, but he has excellent hands and catches everything.  Not the biggest or fastest, but dependable.  A boot is not a guarantee of a problem.

Id just wait as I’d love to see the kid do ok.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but @BubbaT has a point - you’d think one of the reporters would ask.  He probably wouldn’t get a meaningful answer though.  Look at the “radio silence” around Diggs.

I think Sweeney has shown a lot of promise, but he’s looking like a prime candidate for the moniker “boo-boo foot”

Him and the new preseason favorite Hodgins, sometimes availability is an ability

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I didn't see where Sweeney got hurt either but apparently is in a walking boot which is usually indicative of a serious injury.

Seemed like he was having a decent camp/preseason so far but injuries look like they may derail his career here.

Walking boots can be used in cases of serious injuries or for small little things. I've got a friend who used one for shin splints. Four days and no symptoms afterwards.

He caught a lot of heat for a few weeks there from being called a wuss, though.

Edited by Thurman#1

33 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

Does anyone have any information on the severity of his injury? I've been looking for info but have had no luck finding anything. I don't think anyone asked McD at the presser today about it either. He appeared to be fine during the Lions game and then all of a sudden he's in a walking boot thereafter. It seemed like he'd fill the Lee Smith blocking TE role but would be a better pass catching option than Smith was. They really have no one else that does that (I think Gilliam is too small for an in line blocking TE).

I had spencer brown for the blocking TE role since hes more athletic than Lee Smith.  From the Detroit game I am more encouraged by this because of his run blocking.  

42 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

I don't think anyone asked McD at the presser today about it either.

Would you want to raise your hand and ask "What's wrong with Tommy Sweeney?  Is Tommy Sweeney okay?"  No, I don't believe you would.