The "Right Josh" is no longer available; signed by the Falcons.

The Dean

These are the crash and burn results I expected with Rosen, but not exactly how.

He is physically worse than anticipated. I thought he would be arrogant and injury prone, which would lead to these results.

I was certain Donald was not going to be an option, so for Buffalo I liked Mayfield the most, because outside of Allen he is the most scrappy and wants to prove himself more than anyone else from that class. He was a walk on, which I think drives him, much like JA's lack of DI offers drive him. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade places now for anything.

I was a Mason Rudolph fan too, and still think he can be a successful Tannehill type QB in the right situation. He throws some really nice passes.

I would put Mariota in the same camp. Surprised some QB hungry team didn't try to obtain his services or Trubisky to compete for a starting role.

Well that rambled along 😄

25 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

These are the crash and burn results I expected with Rosen, but not exactly how.

He is physically worse than anticipated. I thought he would be arrogant and injury prone, which would lead to these results.

I was certain Donald was not going to be an option, so for Buffalo I liked Mayfield the most, because outside of Allen he is the most scrappy and wants to prove himself more than anyone else from that class. He was a walk on, which I think drives him, much like JA's lack of DI offers drive him. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade places now for anything.

I was a Mason Rudolph fan too, and still think he can be a successful Tannehill type QB in the right situation. He throws some really nice passes.

I would put Mariota in the same camp. Surprised some QB hungry team didn't try to obtain his services or Trubisky to compete for a starting role.

Well that rambled along 😄

I feel like I was the only pro-allen guy.  I was just at the crossroads of - we never hit home runs because we never swing for homers.  Swing for the fences, worst case scenario you're right back in the same spot.  Rocket arm, plus athlete, seemed like a good kid, super competitive. 

• Like (+1) 3

There's no such thing as an early round QB getting a raw deal in the NFL.  Every time I see someone say this I know the player didn't meet the person's expectations and they continue to make excuses for the guy.  The reason why I feel this way is that the coaches see these guys just about every day in practice.  It doesn't take that long to realize the guy doesn't have it.  These bad QBs become coach killers if the coach doesn't get him off the field.  I can't think of any 1st round QBs who busted with their 1st team & came back to have a good career.  The closest one I can find is Kerry Collins who got cut because he drank too much & cleaned himself up before having a decent career.  When it's due to on the field, they never come back, no matter how many teams try to revive their corpse.  Now some may want to say Jim Plunkett, but he didn't fail with NE, he got traded for multiple high draft picks & got cut later in SF before reviving his career in Oakland.  

We've heard it before around here, at least three times before:

1) I'm including Rob because he was traded for a 1st rounder even though the Bills were his 2nd team.  When Flutie beat out Rob Johnson I'll admit I felt Wade was stymieing Rob's development & Rob was getting a raw deal.  I hadn't learned yet that the coaches wanted to win with the guy who showed them more all week long & on Sundays.  I wasn't the only one who didn't want Flutie and I though Rob got screwed.  By the time Gregg & staff had enough of Rob I knew that if 2 coaches don't want a guy, it's the guy, not the coach.

2) When JP got yanked for Kelly Holcomb, Mularkey had to because the players knew JP wasn't ready to start & he would have had a mutiny on his hands if he kept JP in there.  Yet people around here were complaining that Mularkey was ruining JP & he was getting a raw deal.  It didn't take Dick Jauron long to figure out JP wasn't the answer and for a while it looked like Trent Edwards was the answer, but same as before, it didn't take Chan very long to dump Trent.  Once again, a failure with 2 coaches.  At least nobody complained Edwards "Captain Checkdown" was screwed over by the Bills.  I still remember after JP became a free agent there were still posts warning us that JP would sign with another team & come back to haunt us.  Then he had to go to the UFL & the JP fanboys were sure he'd get better coaching & make an NFL comeback.  

3) EJ Manuel.  It didn't take long for Marrone to realize EJ was a dud.  His hands were pretty tied EJ's rookie year, with his only competition being Thad Lewis & Jeff Tuel.  Then look at EJ's year 2.  Marrone, who at the time was more interested in winning & building his resume than banging his head against the wall trying to develop his former 1st round bust.  So pretty soon Orton was in & EJ was on the bench.  Some were saying EJ got a raw deal, yet once again he failed the 2 coach test when Rex Ryan came in & brought in Tyrod who beat EJ out   

So, if anyone still thinks Rosen got a raw deal, he's failed with 4 coaches, double my 2 coach rule.  The only ones who got a raw deal were the Cardinals & Dolphins who lost miliions paying Rosen.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Rosen signed!  Falcons are the next stop.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/23/falcons-signing-quarterback-josh-rosen/

Still no sighting of Davis Wood

(Mods anyway to edit the title to add the signing? It's only fair to Rosen.

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, The Dean said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/23/falcons-signing-quarterback-josh-rosen/

In the upper right corner of your original post there should be three dots that look like an ellipsis.

Click on them and it should give you a pop-up menu, one of the options being "Edit".

I'll do a temporary edit until you have a chance to change it to whatever you like.

• Simon changed the title to The "Right Josh" is no longer available; signed by the Falcons.
On 8/17/2021 at 5:52 PM, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Sign him and we will have Three first  Round  picks at Qb. How many teams can ever say that! 

1980 Oakland Raiders.  Dan Pastorini, Jim Plunkett and Marc Wilson.  They won SB that year. 

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, The Dean said:

Rosen signed!  Falcons are the next stop

Wow he is headed to 5th stop in less than 4 years.  Believe his personal Hell will involve auditioning for all 31 other teams in his career and proving they DIDN'T make a mistake by not drafting him.  

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Wow he is headed to 5th stop in less than 4 years.  Believe his personal Hell will involve auditioning for all 31 other teams in his career and proving they DIDN'T make a mistake by not drafting him.  

Serious karmic payback for the '9 mistakes' comment.  Somehow there's a T shirt in all this.  He'll have a closet full of jerseys to rival Fitz.  Except Fitz has been moderately successful in his endeavours. 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

He'll have a closet full of jerseys to rival Fitz.  Except Fitz has been moderately successful in his endeavors. 😁

And  Fitz actually got to play/start ;)

I fixed your spelling.....Americans don't like using "U" in favor,color endeavor ect ;)

Edited by JMF2006

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Serious karmic payback for the '9 mistakes' comment.  Somehow there's a T shirt in all this.  He'll have a closet full of jerseys to rival Fitz.  Except Fitz has been moderately successful in his endeavours. 😁

Do you even get a jersey if you don’t make it to the season?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

Fire Beane!!!!!

He must have been asleep at the wheel to miss that opportunity 😜