Chiefs = Paper Tigers

Dr. K

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Probably just wishful thinking, but I do think Mahomes has reached his apex.  It's a great apex, but he's starting to get dinged up more frequently and health is a concern.  As long as he is healthy KC will be a threat, but I don't expect them to continue to dominate the AFC as they have the past three seasons.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chargers challenge them for the division.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Yep. As we all saw in the SB, punch the Rat in the face and he folds like a cheap suit. If the new Chargers HC knows what he is doing, Bosa will be loaded for bear.

8 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yep. As we all saw in the SB, punch the Rat in the face and he folds like a cheap suit. If the new Chargers HC knows what he is doing, Bosa will be loaded for bear.

That's how you beat every great QB. Not like this is some great mystery.

KC is a legit team and they fixed (or at least massively invested in) their biggest weakness their O-line. They brought in two All-Pro caliber talents in Mankins and Brown while also adding a starting caliber center in Blythe and kicking tires on a good veteran in Long. On top of that they drafted Humphries in the second round and are getting back two players from opt out. They still have dynamic weapons in Hill and Kelce for Mahomes to throw to and a good RB in Edwards among solid complementary pieces. Their defense while not very good is far from tragic as they have a solid secondary and a big time disruptor in Jones. KC is the favorite in the AFC for good reason. Hopefully the Bills have a meaner nastier D-line ready to compete with them. 

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

Salary cap will eventually see to that when they can't pay everyone. I know our divisional/rivalry games are usually the most important on the schedule but those B2B games at the Chiefs, Titans are the most important. Win those and get the head to head tiebreaker over them and its a good chance the Bills are the #1 seed assuming they handle business with the rest of their schedule which they should do.

No team can pay everyone, but the Chiefs are in very solid salary cap shape.  Hell, they offered $23 million a year for Trent Williams before trading for Orlando Brown.  There's still plenty of room to be had, and a big part of that is because they've hit on so many draft picks.

There are three rookies starting on the offensive line alone.  You can pay big money to veterans as long as you refill the pipeline with cheap talent.  There are only 3 starters on offense who aren't on their rookie contracts.

Relying on well run organizations to implode under the weight of the salary cap is a losing proposition.  The Mahomes contract for example is a huge asset, not a liability.  Yes he's going to make a ton of money, but so will half the QBs in the league...and most of them don't belong in the same league as he does.  If and when the Chiefs come back to the pack, it will be the result of injuries, poor drafting, etc.  It won't be due to giving big contacts to all the homegrown superstars they keep drafting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

KC is a legit team and they fixed (or at least massively invested in) their biggest weakness their O-line. They brought in two All-Pro caliber talents in Mankins and Brown while also adding a starting caliber center in Blythe and kicking tires on a good veteran in Long. On top of that they drafted Humphries in the second round and are getting back two players from opt out. They still have dynamic weapons in Hill and Kelce for Mahomes to throw to and a good RB in Edwards among solid complementary pieces. Their defense while not very good is far from tragic as they have a solid secondary and a big time disruptor in Jones. KC is the favorite in the AFC for good reason. Hopefully the Bills have a meaner nastier D-line ready to compete with them. 

You mean Thuney not Mankins. You have your Patriots left guards muddled by about 10 years....

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Greg S said:

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I would. 

Agree with Scott here. I think Chargers have a good season, long as Herbert keeps his level of play and barring many severe injuries. Highly doubt they challenge for division though, however they may not be far behind, but not close enough and will be 2-4 games behind

I think Chiefs wrap up that division pretty easily. 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

On 8/17/2021 at 9:49 AM, FilthyBeast said:

Pretty much, I guarantee there's not a Chiefs player, coach, fan, etc that are worried about the Bills until we do something to prove otherwise.

So you seriously believe the KC Chiefs team feels they just need to show up to beat the Bills on Sunday night this October?

I don't but I sure hope you are right.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

So you seriously believe the KC Chiefs team feels they just need to show up to beat the Bills on Sunday night this October?

I don't but I sure hope you are right.

Well, the majority felt that way for the AFCCG. I recall a thread was posted of Chiefs fans discussion from one of their boards. It certainly seemed that was how they felt. There was a couple lightly sprinkled in that respected the Bills, but was very few.

4 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well, the majority felt that way for the AFCCG. I recall a thread was posted of Chiefs fans discussion from one of their boards. It certainly seemed that was how they felt. There was a couple lightly sprinkled in that respected the Bills, but was very few.

I am not asking about how fans feel.  I meant the team.

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Some fans are just looking really hard for reasons to believe the Chiefs will fall off…. Can’t see how anyone can predict that considering they have the best QB in the game and an extremely well run organization…. 

If there's one fanbase that should have learned this lesson by now, it's the Bills.  Nothing is given to you in this league.  Beane has done a ton to make the team a contender, but there's still work to be done. 

The one thing I think he still needs to prove is that he can add talent without using premium picks/resources.  To date, almost all of the premium players have been acquired with high first round picks (Allen, White, Edmunds, Oliver, Diggs via trade).  It'll be interesting to see if he can find gold in the later rounds.

32 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Let's not forget that Mahommes had a serious foot injury late last season which required off season surgery. 

That was probably a big reason they lost the Superbowl 

If true than what does that say against the Bills pathetic defensive effort against him in the AFCG when he didn't practice all week because of a concussion and had the same foot injury in question?

No team is on top forever but at this point it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Chiefs and Mahomes become the next Patriots in terms of dominating the conference and league the next 15+ years. The question is whether or not the Bills and Allen will be good enough to get to a few SB's and win a few rings just like the Colts/Manning and Steelers/Big Ben did in the seasons that Brady and the Pats weren't in the SB the greater part of the 2000s' and 2010's.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If true than what does that say against the Bills pathetic defensive effort against him in the AFCG when he didn't practice all week because of a concussion and had the same foot injury in question?

No team is on top forever but at this point it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Chiefs and Mahomes become the next Patriots in terms of dominating the conference and league the next 15+ years. The question is whether or not the Bills and Allen will be good enough to get to a few SB's and win a few rings just like the Colts/Manning and Steelers/Big Ben did in the seasons that Brady and the Pats weren't in the SB the greater part of the 2000s' and 2010's.

That is interesting you say that.

It seems Mahommes only needed one foot to beat the Bills.

But one foot wasn't enough to beat Brady and the Bucs

There are those who think that KC just didn't take lesser opponents seriously and didn't put out a really good effort in a lot of their close wins. Clearly, Buffalo needs to play a lot better than last January if they want to beat KC when they play them again.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I wish they had signed Mankins!!!  He’s get WRECKED nowadays 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.