Overreaction Saturday…whatcha got after BUF/DET?

eball

Lots of threads and comments about who looked good/bad so I won’t rehash that.  What are some of your boldest takes after one preseason game?

Mine:

• Hodgins is in trouble; one catch but then hurt again, and Stevenson made big-time plays in crunch time.
  • Cody Ford is back and will be one of our best O-lineman.
  • With Davis Webb looking competent Mitch Trubisky could be traded.
  • Like (+1) 3

McKenzie is a cut candidate

Stevenson is our #5 WR

Beane is a wizard, but Webb is a sorcerer that mind controls Bills fans into thinking he’s good

Edited by SCBills
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

WTF is McD thinking?

.....did not watch or DVR game, but read in one of the game threads someone criticized him for something, so there must be a noteworthy concern regarding him. 😑

Probably for not reviewing the Duke Williams tippy-toe sideline catch. It looked incomplete but the only replay they showed it might have been a good catch.

• Like (+1) 4

Beanes track record with quarterbacks is a little sketchy. He hit on one but totally whiffed on Fromm. He looked lost in his first action against grocery baggers. 

Boogie Basham needs to go on IR and redshirt his rookie year. 

Antonio Williams move over, Duke is BACK!!!!! 

EDIT: Lol what is with all the thumbs down??? 
it is OVERREACTIONS not facts or opinions. Have a sense of humor people 👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿

Edited by Rc2catch
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Dislike 4

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Beanes track record with quarterbacks is a little sketchy. He hit on one but totally whiffed on Fromm. He looked lost in his first action against grocery baggers. 

Boogie Basham needs to go on IR and redshirt his rookie year. 

Antonio Williams move over, Duke is BACK!!!!! 

Fromm looked like someone who’s never played a minute of professional football in his first start with 3rd and 4 string offensive lineman. He warrants a chance with a decent line in front of him, he should be given a chance to perform not worry about his life. He may be nothing, but evaluating him under these conditions doesn’t show much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7

6 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Does Breida even make this team? He looked rather pedestrian out there. And, now that I think of it, every time I saw footage of Daboll working with the RBs in TC, it was just Motor and Moss.

Bobby Hart > Matt Breida

• Haha (+1) 5

30 minutes ago, eball said:

Lots of threads and comments about who looked good/bad so I won’t rehash that.  What are some of your boldest takes after one preseason game?

Mine:

• Hodgins is in trouble; one catch but then hurt again, and Stevenson made big-time plays in crunch time.
  • Cody Ford is back and will be one of our best O-lineman.
  • With Davis Webb looking competent Mitch Trubisky could be traded.
  • And McKensie struggled in KR. So did Stevenson, but it doesn't look like he's "lost the job" as some have assumed.
  • Well, Ford is back, anyway...
  • We learned that Webb can run this offense. In fairness to MT, though, we learned absolutely nothing about him, other than that he can hand off to Motor just fine.

Edited by Rocky Landing

8 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Probably for not reviewing the Duke Williams tippy-toe sideline catch. It looked incomplete but the only replay they showed it might have been a good catch.

Not sure what it was and think there were multiple McD gripes.

But yeah, he's got to show(up) those refs now! 😵

25 minutes ago, SCBills said:

McKenzie is a cut candidate

Stevenson is our #5 WR

Beane is a wizard, but Webb is a sorcerer that mind controls Bills fans into thinking he’s good

Are you saying McKenzie couldn't have got behind that third or fourth team CB the Lions had on the field?

Stevenson has a hell of a lot more to show before he can break this:

Diggs

Sanders

Beasley

Davis

McKenzie

Kumerow

• Agree 5

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

Are you saying McKenzie couldn't have got behind that third or fourth team CB the Lions had on the field?

Stevenson has a hell of a lot more to show before he can break this:

Diggs

Sanders

Beasley

Davis

McKenzie

Kumerow

I’m 100% sure he could’ve gotten behind him… I’m 80% sure he would’ve caught it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

McKenzie is not getting cut because he failed to catch one low percentage ball on a poor throw from Mitch.

This is a bold take thread, and McKenzie is not only getting cut, but his bbq restaurant will only sell vegan options.