Training Camp media and practice 8/11

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Tre White interview with Charles Davis:

- "Trust the process" in his first response about whether this team is SB bound

- leading question about the Hail Murray, said it really showed how "together" this team was when they got back into the locker room after that play

- defensive line is crucial, so he said they're just trying to keep those guys happy every day. He was handing out cookies to them yesterday

- Tre was recruited as a WR out of high school but switched to CB at LSU. Says he still has great ball skills because of that. He confirmed that McDermott is pushing the DBs to be more physical during camp, which explains some of the highlights we've seen where they're hitting the receivers early and really getting in their grill

- he's excited to have a full stadium of fans again. He's sure some fans will get stuck out in the tailgating and not even make it into the stadium.

Thought that was one of Tre's better interviews 

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong but I honestly don't think so.  I think Beane is taking to heart the idea that the Backup QB is the 2nd most important guy on the team.

And I’m 100% cool with that. If Allen goes down for any extended period of time, we have a guy that historically wins more than he loses that could come in and keep the bills in the playoffs while Allen heals. 

IMO he’s more valuable in that role than what we could milk out of a trade. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8

Devin Singletary interview with Charles Davis:

- there's been a lot of learning moments so far in his career. He's trying to put it all together in year 3

- they're trying build on each day in practice. The offense as a whole is talking and collaborating a lot in order to build together.

- Josh Allen is The General. "He gonna bring it every day..." Calls him a dog (so many teammates have been calling him that this year)

- on getting to the SB: stacking good days on good days... (kind of a "trust the process" answer)

- the RB room loves to compete, but they're all in on the same goal together

His answers are much more succinct than Tre White's....

• Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong but I honestly don't think so.  I think Beane is taking to heart the idea that the Backup QB is the 2nd most important guy on the team.

I think this was the key signing of the off season.  Sure Sanders will be fun, but others could have been brought in.  Having a spare QB1 (masquarading as a QB2) that can execute the full Daboll playbook, should it be necessary, gives me great confidence in this team, this year.  I hope they find a few plays for MT this year.  Roll those plays out during the AFC East games.  

4 hours ago, RochesterLifer said:

While McDermott isn't (he's a good leader) throwing anybody under the bus, the only sentence that matters is, "...they've all still got work to do".

This is my primary area of concern this year. The interior line was weak last year and the year before and it needs to get better. It seriously impacts the running game and pressure up the middle has been a consistent issue against better defenses.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wentz is on track to be ready week 1 per the colts 

Even so, still have to wonder if they are strongly considering an extra option with the injury history. If I was to bet, I would feel very confident putting my $$ on he will get injured again and probably early in season.

19 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

This is my primary area of concern this year. The interior line was weak last year and the year before and it needs to get better. It seriously impacts the running game and pressure up the middle has been a consistent issue against better defenses.

I concur. Athletic DT's really seem to give them a tough time. They don't seem flexible. They like mauler types but, really, the game is evolving to the point where the athletic DT's and those that substitute for the more run stuffing DT's on passing downs are going to necessitate a look for more athletic OG's. The Bills went 15-4 with them last year but I hope going forward they upgrade.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

I wouldn't trade Trubisky for anything less than a high 3rd. Not this year with this team.

Yeah he may be the best QB2 in the league and you need that insurance. A team would really have to overpay for me to consider it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yep, I remember the Bart Starr/Zeke Bratkowski days at Green Bay when they went all the way!

I don't think Bean is trading MT any time, the "deal" was, when MT signed w the Bills, that he would get to understudy the Daboll/Allen method and have a learning season.  I am thinking that Bean will live up to that promise, as well as keep the 1A Qb that Mitch is.... 

Edited by bigK14094