Training Camp Practice Tueday, August 10 (10 am)

I wasn’t a fan of the Rousseau pick with JOK on the board, but I know why they made it. With all the positive reports on Rousseau I’m glad he’s not looking like the developmental project I thought he’d be. 

In that 2nd drill where he was next to Hughes, I’m surprised at the amount of ground Rousseau covered in comparison to Hughes, because it looked like Jerry was putting forth great effort while Rousseau was just sorta running the drill. Both covered roughly the same amount of ground, despite one looking much more spry. That’s really encouraging on Rousseau’s behalf.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Allen not as good and the run game was good

I Wonder if the defense practiced dropping more dbs into coverage today

Could have. I feel like they may try defending Josh different ways similar to the way they would PM maybe? Or he just had one of those off days. Anyways, nice to hear running game looked good.

Peter King of Football Morning in America (formerly Monday Morning Quarterback) was at Bills' camp today.

Figures he just happened to be in town for what was apparently Allen's worst camp performance yet. 

Expect a "Allen's contract extension was risky, based on what I saw, he might regress!" blurb in this week's FMIA column.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Peter King of Football Morning in America (formerly Monday Morning Quarterback) was at Bills' camp today.

Figures he just happened to be in town for what was apparently Allen's worst camp performance yet. 

Expect a "Allen's contract extension was risky, based on what I saw, he might regress!" blurb in this week's FMIA column.

Well that explains it...... He is the sole reason for Allen having an "off" day. 

45 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I wasn’t a fan of the Rousseau pick with JOK on the board, but I know why they made it. With all the positive reports on Rousseau I’m glad he’s not looking like the developmental project I thought he’d be. 

In that 2nd drill where he was next to Hughes, I’m surprised at the amount of ground Rousseau covered in comparison to Hughes, because it looked like Jerry was putting forth great effort while Rousseau was just sorta running the drill. Both covered roughly the same amount of ground, despite one looking much more spry. That’s really encouraging on Rousseau’s behalf.

From what I saw this past Saturday, Rousseau DOES look like the project you had initially thought he was. He's got work to do and a little bulk to add. I feel like he'll be able to hit the ground running next season but he'll only be involved in spot duty this season. Very talented player with a great wing span but he got owned by backup level tackles on Saturday. Boogie looked to be getting consistent push in his reps while in there but of course he is a completely different kind of player.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

From what I saw this past Saturday, Rousseau DOES look like the project you had initially thought he was. He's got work to do and a little bulk to add. I feel like he'll be able to hit the ground running next season but he'll only be involved in spot duty this season. Very talented player with a great wing span but he got owned by backup level tackles on Saturday. Boogie looked to be getting consistent push in his reps while in there but of course he is a completely different kind of player.

Strange.

This seems to run contrary to every report we've heard from every different Bills reporter who has witnessed camp live every day, as well as praise that coach McDermott gave Rousseau on GMFB today.

I'm not discounting your report. I wasn't there, so I have no idea. I'm just saying it seems to be the opposite of what most people covering Bills camp are saying.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Allen not as good and the run game was good

I Wonder if the defense practiced dropping more dbs into coverage today

All part of the smoke screen for the national media. Love being underestimated.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

So if Trubisky didn't get many offers and he doesn't get many next year would Bills fan want him to sign a top backup contract to stay

in Buffalo?  That's probably around $5M per year.

Let's see how this year plays out. There's always another mitch trubisky. 

Side note: the bears forums are eviscerating the guy for his comments today. They really don't like him, but also say he's a hard working team first guy. Seems he gets a lot of blame for Pace drafting him #2 OA

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Let's see how this year plays out. There's always another mitch trubisky. 

Side note: the bears forums are eviscerating the guy for his comments today. They really don't like him, but also say he's a hard working team first guy. Seems he gets a lot of blame for Pace drafting him #2 OA

Probably blame him for their lack of success, though if we're being honest, a lot of people here would do the same if our roles were switched and Mitch was saying how Chicago was somewhere that actually cared about him, after leaving Buffalo.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

Strange.

This seems to run contrary to every report we've heard from every different Bills reporter who has witnessed camp live every day, as well as praise that coach McDermott gave Rousseau on GMFB today.

I'm not discounting your report. I wasn't there, so I have no idea. I'm just saying it seems to be the opposite of what most people covering Bills camp are saying.

Yeah I know and its not what I'd like to be saying, but its what we saw (Pops and Son agreed). He got pancaked and swallowed up a couple times.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

Strange.

fwiw, I'd put more stock in what that fella says than what's coming from the press.

Nobody bats 1000 but I know from experience that this poster knows what he's looking at.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Yeah I know and its not what I'd like to be saying, but its what we saw (Pops and Son agreed). He got pancaked and swallowed up a couple times.

While I have not attended, I'd just like to add that there have been some good reports about him. I certainly believe what you're saying, however I'd like to think there is some truth to some of those good reports.

That said he is a rookie coming off sitting out last year so one would kinda expect him need some work. I certainly didn't expect him to come out blazing of course. I do feel encouraged about him from what little I have seen.