The Greatest 77 Seconds in Buffalo Bills Football

T&C

Do you remember where you were? (swimming in dad's sac is a legit answer).  I was at the original Beef O'Brady's on Kings Ave. in Brandon, Florida... place is still there. Their wings sucked then and they suck to this day. Anyways, I was running solo that day and decided to swing in for the Bills game. Things were looking grim and I had to get somewhere soon so I was ready to leave until this happened. I decided that this was far more important than whatever she wanted to do... so I stayed until the end. Great memory for sure, hope you all enjoy this clip.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

Do you remember where you were? (swimming in dad's sac is a legit answer).  I was at the original Beef O'Brady's on Kings Ave. in Brandon, Florida... place is still there. Their wings sucked then and they suck to this day. Anyways, I was running solo that day and decided to swing in for the Bills game. Things were looking grim and I had to get somewhere soon so I was ready to leave until this happened. I decided that this was far more important than whatever she wanted to do... so I stayed until the end. Great memory for sure, hope you all enjoy this clip.

Yes!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic was discussed recently.  But I know where I was: driving to school from home having watched the game at a friend's house and leaving when I figured it was over.  Wasn't a real big fan of the Bills but became one when I got to school and one of my (Giants fan) roommates said "I can't believe the Bills won!"  I saw the highlights and was hooked.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

This topic was discussed recently.  But I know where I was: driving to school from home having watched the game at a friend's house and leaving when I figured it was over.  Wasn't a real big fan of the Bills but became one when I got to school and one of my (Giants fan) roommates said "I can't believe the Bills won!"  I saw the highlights and was hooked.

If it was I missed it. Good story.

• Like (+1) 1

This may have been the symbolic swing in the AFC.  Denver represents the AFC in 3 of the prior 4 SBs, then Buffalo pulls this off, beating Denver, then proceeds to be the ones to represent the AFC in the next four SBs.

• Like (+1) 2

I was at the game with more than a couple of cold "pops" consumed and ticked off because I felt the Bills had played poorly.  I also hadn't been on board with the Bennett trade.  Two minutes later, I was back on the bandwagon and denying that I had ever doubted the wisdom of the trade.  The best part of the whole thing was watching Elway on the sideline when their game fell apart.

Unfortunately, I was also present in London when E.J. gave Bills fans the exact opposite game experience.  I believe it took him only slightly more than 77 seconds to give the game to Jacksonville.  Luckily, there was a great pub down the street from our hotel.

We were there, and yes a few cans in the socks, or hood, or belly pack. Great era. Loved Bennet.

Bring back those exact unis.

44 minutes ago, wjag said:

In the stands watching it. It was delirium in the stands.  And that was during the era where you could still sneak a fair amount of beer in.  🙂 

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

We were there, and yes a few cans in the socks, or hood, or belly pack. Great era. Loved Bennet.

Bring back those exact unis.

Yep hoods, two in the binocular case, a few in your back..  People were very creative back then.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I was at the game with more than a couple of cold "pops" consumed and ticked off because I felt the Bills had played poorly.  I also hadn't been on board with the Bennett trade.  Two minutes later, I was back on the bandwagon and denying that I had ever doubted the wisdom of the trade.  The best part of the whole thing was watching Elway on the sideline when their game fell apart.

Unfortunately, I was also present in London when E.J. gave Bills fans the exact opposite game experience.  I believe it took him only slightly more than 77 seconds to give the game to Jacksonville.  Luckily, there was a great pub down the street from our hotel.

How could you not be on board with the Bennett trade from the onset?  That trade was a HR the moment it was announced.  I knew the Bill fleeced the Colts/Rams

• Agree 1