Josh Allen: Contract extended through 2028

eball

2 hours ago, wjag said:

So what does that mean for next year, cap wise when trying to sign Diggs and whoever else will want to get paid?

Not much since this has shown to be an extension, and Josh will be playing on his 5th year option. Not $43M.

Plus, good GMs find the money. The cap is a myth.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

53 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

What does it matter how he beats you?  He still beats you.

He's won 24 games over the last two years.

All Running QBs eventually get figured out and stopped and they have to be able to beat you with their arms.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I'm glad he was the first of his draft class to get an extension as am sure Lamar and Baker will now be asking more based on what Allen got. Baker doesn't deserve it and it could be debated if Lamar does. 

Lamar does, baker needs another year. IMO 

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I doubt it would be Miami. He should go to a NFC team in need of a QB and bring Trubisky with him.

I say Miami cause he helped coach Tua and knows all of his strengths and weaknesses. I doubt he goes anywhere with Trubisky

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

Not worried about that because he only leaves for a HC job and I think Flores has done a pretty good job with what he had to work with and is safe in Miami. 

On another line of thinking, it’s a darn good day for his agent! Don’t they get about 4% of the contract? That’s north of $10 mil over time. 

Idk about Flores, I don’t know if his team respects him and Vice Versa 

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

That would be news to almost everyone who follows the Dolphins. Flores is not on the hotseat. If he fails to make the playoffs this year then he's likely on the hot seat next year, but he is absolutely safe this season barring a full on meltdown and player revolt. 

Daboll won't be replacing Flores because it is extremely unlikely he will be fired this offseason. 

Fair enough, but I always expect/am never surprised by a player revolt in Miami. Seems to happen every other year.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Daboll won't be replacing Flores because it is extremely unlikely he will be fired this offseason. 

If Daboll is smart (and I believe he is very smart) he will have patience and pick where he wants to go.

Another year or two with Buffalo and Allen and he will be interviewing GMs and Owners not the other way around.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, snowbelt_subie said:

All 3 young qbs will get paid they will all be similar deals.   let the chips fall where they may over the next 5 years.  i am sure they will all beat each other at some point will any beat mahomes?    who knows

dude.

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

$10.00 per car increase in parking. $2.00 per beer increase,  $8.00 per jersey increase , Shrink the pizza slice size by 15% and we are still thrilled😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Noooooooooooooo, DON'T shrink the pizza!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I say Miami cause he helped coach Tua and knows all of his strengths and weaknesses. I doubt he goes anywhere with Trubisky

Idk about Flores, I don’t know if his team respects him and Vice Versa 

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Fair enough, but I always expect/am never surprised by a player revolt in Miami. Seems to happen every other year.

I've been following the AFC East teams since last offseason quite a bit. I, personally, am not high on Flores at all, but he currently has player's loyalty. He operated similar to McDermott in shipping out the players who would be problems for the most part. 

However, I think he puts on too much of a tough guy act and seems to really crave attention (he want that genius moniker that Belichick has badly and it shows) so does things like taunt players (see: Jarvis Landry) and makes poor decisions (co-coordinators instead of going out and getting a proven guy that might challenge him). Those type of guys can get loyalty by jettisoning players short term, but you have to win to keep it. The massive let down against the Bills to make the playoffs is the type of thing that knocks that loyalty. Once he really starts to lose it, it will evaporate quickly. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'm glad he was the first of his draft class to get an extension as am sure Lamar and Baker will now be asking more based on what Allen got. Baker doesn't deserve it and it could be debated if Lamar does. 

Better to set the market instead of reacting to it like most teams do.  My man-crush on Beane just keeps getting more and more uncomfortable.  🤪

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is the key Im waiting to see confirmed. All reports sound like it's a new deal starting now. Would be kinda bummed about that one small thing, but I'd get over it quick.

I mean, I trust in Beane, and he has done an excellent job in spacing out contracts so we haven't had a purge since the first year. The fourth and fifth year rookie deals help a great deal when trying to get talent around the QB for a Super Bowl run. Obviously, I would rather have Josh and figure out the rest than have a ton of cap space and no clear QB (like most of the drought years), but Kansas City is one hell of an obstacle to get over.

1 hour ago, Just Joshin' said:

There is a chance the Baltimore will go with 2 franchise tags......they are at risk if he gets seriously hurt and still have to pay him. 

Agreed.  While he plays QB, he could be given the RB treatment in regards to contract.  He’s a special talent and I think, with the proper coaching and talent around him, a Lamar led team could win a SB.  While he may not be a great passer, I don’t think it’s far fetched to think that he can still improve.  We can’t forget how utterly terrible his WR unit has been since he’s been the QB in Baltimore.  They’ve given him some talented WRs now (if healthy).  If his OL performs, I think Lamar will have himself a nice year. 

With regards to his next contract, I’m not sure if I’d guarantee more than 80M.  2 years of gtd $ and then go year to year.  Or franchise him, possibly for 2 years.  I couldn’t commit to him for 3+ years as of now 

• Agree 1