Afghanistan

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

0EA329D9-8B8A-4A41-9EF2-9219B653C64F.thumb.jpeg.be7d286e0a464d803033bdee886b6446.jpeg

After the Soviets left the country in 1989, they left behind many of those MI-28 HIND helicopters much like we left helicopters today. 

They flew for a few months and then just became scrap. No expertise to fix. No parts. 

All the names have been released now:

The Marine Corps lost 11 men and women:

Marine Corps Staff Sgt. Darin T. Hoover, 31, of Salt Lake City, Utah.

Marine Corps Sgt. Johanny Rosariopichardo, 25, of Lawrence, Massachusetts.

Marine Corps Sgt. Nicole L. Gee, 23, of Sacramento, California.

Marine Corps Cpl. Hunter Lopez, 22, of Indio, California.

Marine Corps Cpl. Daegan W. Page, 23, of Omaha, Nebraska.

Marine Corps Cpl. Humberto A. Sanchez, 22, of Logansport, Indiana.

Marine Corps Lance Cpl. David L. Espinoza, 20, of Rio Bravo, Texas.

Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Jared M. Schmitz, 20, of St. Charles, Missouri.

Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Rylee J. McCollum, 20, of Jackson, Wyoming.

Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Dylan R. Merola, 20, of Rancho Cucamonga, California.

Marine Corps Lance Cpl. Kareem M. Nikoui, 20, of Norco, California.

The Navy lost a corpsman:

Navy Corpsman Maxton W. Soviak, 22, of Berlin Heights, Ohio.

For the Army, the deceased is:

Army Staff Sgt. Ryan C. Knauss, 23, of Corryton, Tennessee.

41huvyC0iRL._AC_.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Good work............finally.

Pentagon confirms U.S. airstrike hit suicide bomber targeting airport

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/29/us-airstrike-suicide-bomber-airport-507211

With great respect for the lost personnel,  can anyone believe any statement from these guys.

I see protecting their butt. 3 days ago they were shocked and suddenly they know a bad guy is in a vehicle...of course to name or confirmation.????

What do you think?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

With great respect for the lost personnel,  can anyone believe any statement from these guys.

I see protecting their butt. 3 days ago they were shocked and suddenly they know a bad guy is in a vehicle...of course to name or confirmation.????

What do you think?

I am in agreement with you sir.

The fact that they won't identify them sets off my alarms, usually they would be shouting it.

I am happy that we responded, but I am afraid that we only killed "Ahmad from Human Resources" and not those who were really responsible.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/08/more-terror-in-kabul.php

MORE TERROR IN KABUL

There was a rocket attack in Kabul earlier today that reportedly killed a child. Meanwhile, a U.S. strike took out a vehicle that was en route to the Kabul airport with “miltiple suicide bombers.” So apparently a more serious terrorist threat was averted for now.

Further, the U.S. Embassy has ordered all Americans to “leave the airport area immediately.” Given the short time available to complete the evacuation, it is not clear how the final stage will be carried out, since we have been told to expect further efforts to launch terrorist attacks against the airport.

Meanwhile, the Biden administration continues to threaten our enemies:

US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan thundered…

The idea of Jake Sullivan “thundering” is laughable in itself.

…that the US has shown in other countries that it is capable of ‘suppressing the terrorism threat… without a large permanent presence on the ground. And we will do that in Afghanistan as well as we go forward’.

Let’s hope so. Nothing about the events of the last few weeks creates any confidence that the Biden administration is capable of doing any such thing.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MORE TERROR IN KABUL

There was a rocket attack in Kabul earlier today that reportedly killed a child. Meanwhile, a U.S. strike took out a vehicle that was en route to the Kabul airport with “miltiple suicide bombers.” So apparently a more serious terrorist threat was averted for now.

Further, the U.S. Embassy has ordered all Americans to “leave the airport area immediately.” Given the short time available to complete the evacuation, it is not clear how the final stage will be carried out, since we have been told to expect further efforts to launch terrorist attacks against the airport.

…that the US has shown in other countries that it is capable of ‘suppressing the terrorism threat… without a large permanent presence on the ground. And we will do that in Afghanistan as well as we go forward’.

Let’s hope so. Nothing about the events of the last few weeks creates any confidence that the Biden administration is capable of doing any such thing.

The new left have no qualms about lying. They are truly poet hungry evil people.

This is Marine Corps Sgt Nicole Gee from a picture she posted on 20 Aug with the caption, "I love my job!"

240934340_4031805470275348_3221085292706

Rylee McCollum was set to come home to see his wife Jiennah Crayton give birth to his son. Now, that child will grow up without a father.

612925cced926.image_.jpg

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

MORE TERROR IN KABUL

So is our military involvement in Afghanistan ending or not? 

10 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

Do you still care about the kids at the border locked in cages?

You mean the tens of thousands of kids, versus the 500 or so "orphans" the media went into an Election frenzy over?   I guess its the power of large numbers, persons get lost in the shuffle.  If you're going to eff up, eff up REALLY BIG 

(not trying to be a doosh here)

Good.

Kabul airport targeted in rocket attack foiled by US system

by Edmund DeMarche

The Kabul airport was targeted in a rocket attack on Monday that was intercepted by the U.S.’s C-RAM missile defense system, a U.S. defense official told Fox News’ Jennifer Griffin. The official said there were no reported casualties. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kabul-airport-targeted-in-rocket-attack-foiled-by-us-system

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 8/27/2021 at 10:28 PM, B-Man said:

U.S. retaliates against ISIS with drone strike in Afghanistan.

A drone ?

I guess Mr Obama IS still in charge.

Military/ Intelligence incompetence continues

3 hours ago, Governor said:

You mean the terrorist attack on our capital by a bunch of zombie meth-heads climbing through windows and staggering around aimlessly?

No, no zombie meth-heads.  You must be thinking of another incident last year...

6 hours ago, B-Man said:

Military/ Intelligence incompetence continues

This is how you create terrorists.  Arbitrarily Killing civilians with drone strikes from the skies 

I’m sure those cold and calculating idiots just wanted an air strike on a bus they could call a us retaliation against isis hoping the truth would not come out.

Unbelievable. I feel extreme sympathy for any military parents whose children depend on these self serving  toolbags. 

Now blinkin doing Joe’s job trying to lipstick the pig congratulating the most enormous retreat in military history. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1