Diggs wants to hit more deep balls...

I'm sure he would, and we all want to see that.

However, Diggs is not a burner. He's a great route runner and he can find a way to get open, I just don't envision him scoring a bunch of 70 yard touchdown passes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

However, Diggs is not a burner. He's a great route runner and he can find a way to get open, I just don't envision him scoring a bunch of 70 yard touchdown passes.

He ran a 4.45 coming out of college and the way he works and training he’s since been provided, I’d imagine he’s faster. He can win on deep balls. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

He ran a 4.45 coming out of college and the way he works and training he’s since been provided, I’d imagine he’s faster. He can win on deep balls. 

I just have not seen Diggs run those types of routes. He mostly goes over the middle.

I hope I'm wrong, I would love to see Diggs getting more deep touchdown passes. The one he had in the playoffs against the Colts was fantastic.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

This isn't really true. He posted some of the fastest on field times in the league in recent years. https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Stefon-Diggs-fastest-player-in-NFL-Minnesota-Vikings-48715901/. Disregard his 40 time at the combine - he was coming off an injury and played for a very bad program. He was a 5-star recruit coming out of high school, largely because of his speed and explosiveness.

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

Agreed, but again, he went to a bad program and had injuries in college. I'm sure he got faster once he got better training. As I say above, speed was why he was a five-star recruit.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

He runs in the 4.4s plenty fast to get deep. His last 2 years he has 40 receptions of over 20 yards and 13 receptions of over 40 yards.  His last year in Minnesota he averaged 17.9 YPC...I think you are vastly underestimating his deep ability

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

Josh throws the ball 70 yards.  So as soon as Diggs catches it it's already a TD!

Can you Digg it!

59 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

This isn't really true. He posted some of the fastest on field times in the league in recent years. https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Stefon-Diggs-fastest-player-in-NFL-Minnesota-Vikings-48715901/. Disregard his 40 time at the combine - he was coming off an injury and played for a very bad program. He was a 5-star recruit coming out of high school, largely because of his speed and explosiveness.

Agreed, but again, he went to a bad program and had injuries in college. I'm sure he got faster once he got better training. As I say above, speed was why he was a five-star recruit.

I don't doubt any of this.

Still, I have not seen him run that many deep routes with us. He mostly runs over the middle.

Maybe that's how Daboll wants to use him?

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I don't doubt any of this.

Still, I have not seen him run that many deep routes with us. He mostly runs over the middle.

Maybe that's how Daboll wants to use him?

We had Brown in that role and also Davis...

Diggs kills teams with his precise route running and is almost always open for easy 15-20 yard completions which are much higher percentage throws.

But that doesn't mean he can't get deep when need be...