Diggs wants to hit more deep balls...

3 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm sure he would, and we all want to see that.

However, Diggs is not a burner. He's a great route runner and he can find a way to get open, I just don't envision him scoring a bunch of 70 yard touchdown passes.

Deep threat doesn’t have to be 70 yards. And he already catches a bunch of deep ones, he just wants more.

His Slugo route is filthy.

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We had Brown in that role and also Davis...

Diggs kills teams with his precise route running and is almost always open for easy 15-20 yard completions which are much higher percentage throws.

But that doesn't mean he can't get deep when need be...

Again, I don't doubt that.

I just have not seen the Bills use him that way. Maybe that will change.

3 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Incoming articles from still salty Viking "writers" about how this further proves Diggs is a diva and ball hog and how they "won the trade".

It's pretty clear. We, at that time, had a very young QB that needed an established WR to ensure his growth. We got that. We still have that. 

The vikings also did fantastic for sure. No playoffs to speak of, no, but it appears that they received a ton from Buffalo.

What do the Vikings need to do to make the playoffs?

I am not sure what they lack as they are never on tv here.

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

However, Diggs is not a burner. He's a great route runner and he can find a way to get open, I just don't envision him scoring a bunch of 70 yard touchdown passes.

He's a 4.46 guy, which I am pretty sure means if 10 NFL wideouts are in a room he is faster than all but two of him.   He is indeed a great route runner, but he can blow by plenty of CBs.   The bigger issue is Allen's deep ball accuracy which was better last year, but still left a little to be desired.

• Like (+1) 2

We need more speed in order to do that. 

Diggs is the fastest WR we have. 

Also, given the stature of Wide Receivers, nobody is winning jump balls either. 

Our Wide Receivers are good short-intermediate route runners. Not burners, or big play threats outside of Gabe Davis potentially.  

We have watched the games. The deep passing game is all about Josh not the WRs. Daboll has proven to be able to get guys open deep but Allen has overthrown them too many times.  He got better last year and if he can be just a bit more consistent they can hit maybe 10 or 12 more big throws during the season. That is really all they need to do to make the defense respect the deep ball even more than they do now.

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

It's pretty clear. We, at that time, had a very young QB that needed an established WR to ensure his growth. We got that. We still have that. 

The vikings also did fantastic for sure. No playoffs to speak of, no, but it appears that they received a ton from Buffalo.

What do the Vikings need to do to make the playoffs?

I am not sure what they lack as they are never on tv here.

What does Minn need?  A consistent QB, a healthy defense, and Aaron Rodgers retirement.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Did you watch the Denver and Indy games?

Of course I did.

Let me re-phrase, I have not seen the Bills use Diggs this way CONSTANTLY.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He's a 4.46 guy, which I am pretty sure means if 10 NFL wideouts are in a room he is faster than all but two of him.   He is indeed a great route runner, but he can blow by plenty of CBs.   The bigger issue is Allen's deep ball accuracy which was better last year, but still left a little to be desired.

Yet the Bills did not use Diggs as a deep threat receiver that much.

Maybe Stevenson makes the roster?

As the deep speed guy?

Is He our fastest WR? 

Is he our best option going long?

i had him coming down with an untimely injury to red-shirt in '21 but perhaps we need him this year for his deep speed?

While Diggs, Sanders, McKenzie and Davis are all capable of going long and getting open I don't think any of those guys strike any fear into a defense?

Maybe Stevenson does?

The Bills have to be a lot better than last season in all three phases including Josh Allen if we are to upset the reigning chefs in our conference.... Everyone, to a man needs to be better. Especially our defensive line, we have to help our back seven shorten their coverage time significantly. We have to hit Mahomes and make him nervous. We need to better disguise coverages, and know where the chefs talent is and get some coverage there. Geez, we were pretty bad last year at everything defense.....

The offense has to get healthier for the playoffs #1, but they need to be better as well. JA has to go into an unbeatable zone. I know he can do it. That is what he is going to be this year; almost impossible to beat. Especially with our improved run game ,and better depth at WR.

16 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Not a burner ? That’s basically all he was in Minnesota 

You’re not going to hit a home run every time but I realize why big plays excite people. I’d argue that plays within that 10, 20, 30 yard range are more important and I think hitting on those plays will make our offense more consistent. If you miss on a deep ball, all of a sudden you only have two downs to move the sticks and defenses can tee off on you.

Josh has the ability to rifle the ball in there up to about 40 yards out. Very little arch on the ball but it’s a speeding bullet and he drop it in on a rope. He does seem to struggle however with getting good arch and the timing down on plays beyond that yard range.