Who is “America’s team?” (Hint, it’s GB)

Forget Dallas, never has been, never will be. Too many fans in both leagues loathe the cowboys (sorry CGF) for them to be in consideration.

Then, take a look at GB. We have our very own Ice Bowl who visits us from time to time and is a great ambassador for Green Bay. Small town America is Green Bay. Then look at the plethora of Green Bay threads on this very board.  GB is America’s team because they are the second team to many fans.

I personally love seeing such a quaint place as the center of the NFL universe. How about you?

3 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Forget Dallas, never has been, never will be. Too many fans in both leagues loathe the cowboys (sorry CGF) for them to be in consideration.

Then, take a look at GB. We have our very own Ice Bowl who visits us from time to time and is a great ambassador for Green Bay. Small town America is Green Bay. Then look at the plethora of Green Bay threads on this very board.  GB is America’s team because they are the second team to many fans.

I personally love seeing such a quaint place as the center of the NFL universe. How about you?

If they lose Adams and Rodgers, they will be Walmart’s team 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 17
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am genuinely curious as to the average Green Bay Packers fan's thoughts on the front office situation, and the situation regarding the team's deteriorating relationship with Rodgers.  Who ends up with their back against the wall first when the revolution comes?

15 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Ugliest uniforms in the league. Iconic, but ugly as **** 💯 

Ehh, I am careful about that considering our uniforms from 2002 to the Pegulas.  What "genius" thought it would be a great idea to have historically ugly uniforms, a team destined for failure.  Packers unfirms are ok except for the throwbacks, as ugly as the Steelers throwbacks.

18 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Ehh, I am careful about that considering our uniforms from 2002 to the Pegulas.  What "genius" thought it would be a great idea to have historically ugly uniforms, a team destined for failure.  Packers unfirms are ok except for the throwbacks, as ugly as the Steelers throwbacks.

Those Bledsoe/Losman/Edwards/Holcomb era uniforms are something I try everyday to forget. I wish I could erase them from history. 

Steelers throwbacks look like some Freddy Krueger **** and don’t forget those lime green Seahawks monstrosities.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I am genuinely curious as to the average Green Bay Packers fan's thoughts on the front office situation, and the situation regarding the team's deteriorating relationship with Rodgers.  Who ends up with their back against the wall first when the revolution comes?

Can I recommend a Green Bay Fan Forum perhaps?  Not sure you're gonna get what you're looking for here.  😉

1 hour ago, Beerball said:

1.  Buffalo isn't quaint enough for you?

2.  What screams 'Merica more than Red, White and Blue unis?  Green and Gold ??

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Ugliest uniforms in the league. Iconic, but ugly as **** 💯 

I think their uniforms are good. I think the worst uniforms are: Browns (they have been getting better though), Jaguars (a couple years ago when they had that matte, two-toned helmet was hideous), Bengals, and Washington. I'm not a big fan of the new Rams uniforms and logo. I hate the neon green in the Seahawks uniforms.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

Can I recommend a Green Bay Fan Forum perhaps?  Not sure you're gonna get what you're looking for here.  😉

Agreed and understood.  I was just taking the 'lazy person's way', since many of our membership have NFC favourites, and there might be those among us with insights as to what the climate is within the organization.

If you go by sheer numbers, it probably IS the Cowboys. They have a large national following. This site lists the Cowboys first in Facebook followers with more than 8 million (Buffalo had less than a million, and Green Bay had 5 million):

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240028/facebook-fans-of-national-football-league-teams/

This site lists the Cowboys 1st for social media following, Packers are 4th:

https://www.wsn.com/nfl/least-most-popular-nfl-teams-facebook/#gref

This site shows TV ratings by team and the Cowboys are #1 there are well:

https://www.sportico.com/business/media/2020/top-rated-nfl-games-1234616911/

So, while I don't like the Cowboys personally, the data show that they are probably the most popular team in the nation. And I'm sure they bring in the most money for the NFL too.

That being said, people love to root for the underdog.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Isn't that the Rams?

They are my sleeper team to challenge the Bucs this year.  Stafford and McVay, with those weapons, seem like a very dangerous combination to me.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

If you go by sheer numbers, it probably IS the Cowboys. They have a large national following. This site lists the Cowboys first in Facebook followers with more than 8 million (Buffalo had less than a million, and Green Bay had 5 million):

https://www.statista.com/statistics/240028/facebook-fans-of-national-football-league-teams/

This site lists the Cowboys 1st for social media following, Packers are 4th:

https://www.wsn.com/nfl/least-most-popular-nfl-teams-facebook/#gref

This site shows TV ratings by team and the Cowboys are #1 there are well:

https://www.sportico.com/business/media/2020/top-rated-nfl-games-1234616911/

So, while I don't like the Cowboys personally, the data show that they are probably the most popular team in the nation. And I'm sure they bring in the most money for the NFL too.

That being said, people love to root for the underdog.

If we are in the big game chances these next two years, I fully believe we could be the next America's team.  Media loves our players personalities and I think that means something.  You put some wins in there to go with our perennial underdog persona and I think we have a chance