It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

And remember kids, pharmaceutical companies are not in the business of creating cures, they are in the business of creating customers...

Just like the War On Terror, that can go on indefinitely, it is in the pharmaceutical company’s interest to have this pandemic go on indefinitely so profits keep flowing in...

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

And remember kids, pharmaceutical companies are not in the business of creating cures, they are in the business of creating customers...

Just like the War On Terror, that can go on indefinitely, it is in the pharmaceutical company’s interest to have this pandemic go on indefinitely so profits keep flowing in...

They probably created the pandemic and are holding back the real cure. 

37 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Big Pharma is going to have to battle Big Oil, who want us to drive more, Big Hollywood, who want us back in theaters, and Big Technology, who can't get supplies for computers.

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Hmm so a new virus that has mutated may require another shot. No way. 

Instead of being grateful for mRNA technology that allows quick adaptation to a deadly and incredibly contagious virus, let’s keep up with anti vax defending and messaging. “It’s a conspiracy of something. I am smarter than doctors and scientists! Here’s a Twitter link. Science shmience.” 

So, you believe the Chief Medial officer of Sweden is a conspiracy theorist and does not trust science? 

California:

"You can't go to school without the shot that kids don't need."

Finland and Sweden:

Finland joins Sweden and Denmark in limiting Moderna COVID-19 vaccine

Finland on Thursday paused the use of Moderna's (MRNA.O) COVID-19 vaccine for younger males due to reports of a rare cardiovascular side effect, joining Sweden and Denmark in limiting its use.

Mika Salminen, director of the Finnish health institute, said Finland would instead give Pfizer's vaccine to men born in 1991 and later. Finland offers shots to people aged 12 and over.

Norwegian health officials reiterated on Wednesday that they recommended men under the age of 30 opt for Pfizer's vaccine.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/finland-pauses-use-moderna-covid-19-vaccine-young-men-2021-10-07/

Can't wait to see what else we find out about both of them!

But mandates folks....or you're fired....and can't go to school......

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Would it be ok for your 16 year old to get the vaccine to protect 70 year olds who did take of themselves?

No- those words are simply to point out at that the risk from Covid, besides age, is all unhealthy behaviors. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

So, you believe the Chief Medial officer of Sweden is a conspiracy theorist and does not trust science? 

Sweden and a couple other Nordic countries have temporarily suspended use of the Moderna vaccine in the under 30 group due to a slight risk (several per million) in myocarditis in that population.  What you fail to note is they are recommending the Pfizer vaccine for that group.

As for the Swedish health minister, he chose  to buck most of the world's public health individuals and go a different route on requiring masks, quarantines,  and such when the pandemic started.  But the infection and mortality rate in Sweden was much higher than neighboring countries, which then caused Sweden to tighten their policies.  You can look it up, it's all out there.  Or you can choose to cherrypick like you've done with the vaccine recommendation in the under 30 group and ignore the whoel story.  Your choice.  

46 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

No- those words are simply to point out at that the risk from Covid, besides age, is all unhealthy behaviors. 

How do you explain the deaths of those without unhealthy behaviors.  They're out there, you know.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Sweden and a couple other Nordic countries have temporarily suspended use of the Moderna vaccine in the under 30 group due to a slight risk (several per million) in myocarditis in that population.  What you fail to note is they are recommending the Pfizer vaccine for that group.

As for the Swedish health minister, he chose  to buck most of the world's public health individuals and go a different route on requiring masks, quarantines,  and such when the pandemic started.  But the infection and mortality rate in Sweden was much higher than neighboring countries, which then caused Sweden to tighten their policies.  You can look it up, it's all out there.  Or you can choose to cherrypick like you've done with the vaccine recommendation in the under 30 group and ignore the whoel story.  Your choice.  

How do you explain the deaths of those without unhealthy behaviors.  They're out there, you know.

again, my discussion argument is not against the vaccines, (except if you have natural immunity)

My argument in this thread has always been trying to explain why people would have aversions to taking the jab. 

People who blindly claim the science is settled when we have garbage information from our government, and we have differing opinions emanating from different governments...certainly points to the science not be settled.

Would you blame a young person who has had Covid , not yet jabbed, saying " look, this Moderna thing been out there 11 months, they just finding out now it may pose a risk..whos to say in a few months Pfizer et al will not have side effects discovered too"

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

This topic always brings me back to the beginning.  The under 30 crowd is generally at very low risk to begin with.  A vaccine is developed, marketed at lightning speed, and the pitch is the vaccine(s) are safe, secure and no need to look further.   Turns out for some, healthy as a horse to begin with, they roll the bones and end up at a Moderna-vax facility, take the jab, and it turns out to be a bad choice.  Had they rolled the bones on a different day, or lived in a different city, they go to a Pfizer-vax facility and as of today, it appears safe(r).  Of course—stay tuned.   I get the very low risk angle, but why accept the risk at all?  

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Aren’t they always out there, the deaths of those without unhealthy behavior?   I think that’s already a thing. 

40 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This topic always brings me back to the beginning.  The under 30 crowd is generally at very low risk to begin with.  A vaccine is developed, marketed at lightning speed, and the pitch is the vaccine(s) are safe, secure and no need to look further.   Turns out for some, healthy as a horse to begin with, they roll the bones and end up at a Moderna-vax facility, take the jab, and it turns out to be a bad choice.  Had they rolled the bones on a different day, or lived in a different city, they go to a Pfizer-vax facility and as of today, it appears safe(r).  Of course—stay tuned.   I get the very low risk angle, but why accept the risk at all?  

Aren’t they always out there, the deaths of those without unhealthy behavior?   I think that’s already a thing. 

Medicine is about benefit vs. risk.  The math indicates that even ion younger people the risk of getting Covid far outweighs any risk with the vaccine.

48 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

again, my discussion argument is not against the vaccines, (except if you have natural immunity)

My argument in this thread has always been trying to explain why people would have aversions to taking the jab. 

People who blindly claim the science is settled when we have garbage information from our government, and we have differing opinions emanating from different governments...certainly points to the science not be settled.

Would you blame a young person who has had Covid , not yet jabbed, saying " look, this Moderna thing been out there 11 months, they just finding out now it may pose a risk..whos to say in a few months Pfizer et al will not have side effects discovered too"

See my comment about benefit and risk; the risk of getting Covid are still much higher in the younger population than the risk associated with the vaccine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The number of deaths of younger than 40 who are healthy are extremely low. With any illness there is a chance of bad things happening. We would not be having this discussion if the rate of death was the healthy under 40 rate.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

This has already been addressed. Let me know when you read what Sweden is doing and how that relates to the vaccines, their effectiveness, the new recommendation in Sweden, and the actual risk of myocarditis and how myocarditis affects those under 30 folks. The myocarditis risks have been talked about for a long time. None of that data is new.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

The anti-vax defenders are exhausting. 

"I got the vaccine but let's attack the science of vaccines that we don't understand. BUT I HAVE A DATA POINT ON THIS!!!! A LINK!!!! A COUPLE STUDIES!!!!" 

Edited by Sundancer
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The number of deaths of younger than 40 who are healthy are extremely low. With any illness there is a chance of bad things happening. We would not be having this discussion if the rate of death was the healthy under 40 rate.

And the risks from the vaccine are way lower.  That is the point.  And you're ignoring the fact that to fight a global pandemic the more people of all ages vaccinated the lower the number of hosts for the virus to replicate.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Then go get Covid and die if you’re willing to give your life.  And when you’re gasping for breath and declare like many have when in their death bed that you should have gotten the vaccine, it will be too late.

I would be 99% sure this anesthesiologist and the other guy got their childhood vaccines, got their yearly flu vaccines as that is required by many health care organizations.  So enough about your freedom.

You guys can keep screaming at and past each other for weeks, months, and years on end. If you haven't figured it out by now....ALL of this is nothing more than a trial balloon for real government-enforced collectivism.  They are desperate to set a precedent here. "We can and will destroy your life, if you don't comply."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You guys can keep screaming at and past each other for weeks, months, and years on end. If you haven't figured it out by now....ALL of this is nothing more than a trial balloon for real government-enforced collectivism.  They are desperate to set a precedent here. "We can and will destroy your life, if you don't comply."

No.  It is about saving lives, always has been, always will be.

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Medicine is about benefit vs. risk.  The math indicates that even ion younger people the risk of getting Covid far outweighs any risk with the vaccine.

Big picture, maybe or if you prefer, sure.  

On an individual level, the risk-reward analysis usually boils down to “What’s in it for me?”.   If I was a younger man, I cannot say with certainty that I would not consider the relative risk of getting COVID, the significant likelihood of a mild case/complete recovery and/or being asymptomatic, the relative risk of developing a heart condition from a vaccine (or dying from the virus) and simply deciding “F it, I’ll get vaxxed because some old guy told me I should.”.

Hell, I did it as an oldster.  

When I factor in all the noise that has gone along with the virus and the vax, the latest “Moderna may not be all we thought it was—sorry!” the complicated and often hypocritical evolution of pandemic management and the death and suffering we see now amongst the Vaxxed, I’d be even less inclined to trust without question and take my chances, which we probably both agree are heavily in my favor either way.   

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t doubt that it is to you. It is NOT that to the people in charge. Sorry to have to burst your bubble. 

Where are they holding the meetings on this grand conspiracy and who are the "people in charge" at the moment? 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

On an individual level, the risk-reward analysis usually boils down to “What’s in it for me?”.   If I was a younger man, I cannot say with certainty that I would not consider the relative risk of getting COVID, the significant likelihood of a mild case/complete recovery and/or being asymptomatic, the relative risk of developing a heart condition from a vaccine (or dying from the virus) and simply deciding “F it, I’ll get vaxxed because some old guy told me I should.”.

When I factor in all the noise that has gone along with the virus and the vax, the latest “Moderna may not be all we thought it was—sorry!” the complicated and often hypocritical evolution of pandemic management and the death and suffering we see now amongst the Vaxxed, I’d be even less inclined to trust without question and take my chances, which we probably both agree are heavily in my favor either way.   

The rebel B-Man was celebrating works as an anesthesiologist for Pete's sake. "Not vaccinated, good bye" makes sense to me if I run a health system. Imagine you get covid from one of your treating doctors when you're an at-risk person. Hospital workers should be getting triple boosted!  

Edited by Sundancer

29 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

The rebel B-Man was celebrating works as an anesthesiologist for Pete's sake. Not vaccinated, good bye makes sense to me. Imagine you get covid from one of your treating doctors when you're an at risk person. Hospital workers should be getting triple boosted!  

No.

They should not.

and as someone who worked in the Medical field for over forty years, direct patient care, I know hundreds of experienced doctors and nurses who think the same way.

You should be aware of this:

if an "at risk" person is in the hospital, they are put in a protocol to protect them from ALL types of risks, not just covid. We have been doing this for decades. You don't need EVERY vaccine out there to treat people.

Sheez.

Smart lady

Edited by B-Man

4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

And the risks from the vaccine are way lower.  That is the point.  And you're ignoring the fact that to fight a global pandemic the more people of all ages vaccinated the lower the number of hosts for the virus to replicate.

The fact that you think this vaccine will matter in the long term variants of Covid means you are not a big picture guy at all. Also my son has a much higher chance of the vaccine causing him issues than he does of Covid causing any long term problems.

39 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The fact that you think this vaccine will matter in the long term variants of Covid means you are not a big picture guy at all. Also my son has a much higher chance of the vaccine causing him issues than he does of Covid causing any long term problems.

Your last sentence is a flat out lie.  The total population of individuals 15-30 in the US is about 80 million, and according to the CDC there have been 4000 deaths from Covid in that age group.  So that’s about 0.005 %.  Data is known for the only significant complication associated with the vaccine that appears to affect the younger population, myocarditis.  The incidence of that post-vaccination was 0.00017 percent and of those a handful of them resulted in death with most resolving spontaneously.  So there is at least a 50 fold greater risk of dying from Covid in that age group vs. the one known complication in that age group.  There are mild side effects such as muscle soreness and stuff, but if you’re going to include those in your chances of a son having issues above what Covid would cause then you’re a hopeless case.  Plus I’m only talking about mortality in that age group and not morbidities, for which we’re only scratching the surface of currently. 

Edited by oldmanfan

33 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

They should not.

and as someone who worked in the Medical field for over forty years, direct patient care, I know hundreds of experienced doctors and nurses who think the same way.

You should be aware of this:

if an "at risk" person is in the hospital, they are put in a protocol to protect them from ALL types of risks, not just covid. We have been doing this for decades. You don't need EVERY vaccine out there to treat people.

Sheez.

Smart lady

I know hundreds personally that think they’ and you are crazy and since 90% or more of health care workers are vaccinated across the country they apparently agree.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Well this is the issue, isn’t it?  Is it about the individual or about the society?  A global pandemic hits and people ask what’s in it for me, rather than how can I help my neighbor.  

Your last paragraph speaks volumes.  The mortality rate among vaccinated is at least 10 fold lower than unvaccinated, hospitalization rates are much higher with the unvaccinated, yet you talk about death and suffering in vaccinated.  The Modena thing, I can’t find any numbers on with respect to actual risk of myocarditis, only that it’s very rare, and if it’s like the Israeli data it’s maybe 7 cases in a million and most all resolve.  And Sweden didn’t tell young people not to get vaccinated but to choose a different vaccine.  But somehow that’s construed as worse that getting Covid when the data says otherwise.

People say the CDC should get better spokespeople and so on.  But it won’t matter because we now live in a society that is no longer a society, where the guy next you doesn’t give a damn about you, and where actual scientific knowledge is thrown on the alter of social media-hyped insanity.

And again, thanks for being an organ donor.  

23 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

I think the intelligent thing to do is to get it, but it's your choice.  It's also a matter of public safety, healthcare costs, and stress on the healthcare system.  So when your employer forces you to get it to maintain a safer working environment and keep their healthcare costs lower, either get it or find another job.  It's your choice, but stop whining about it like a kitty.

I've had to get flu vaccinations for years or lose my job.  This is no different and will be supported by the courts.  I don't like it, tbh, but it's my choice to go along.  I prefer my job here.

Choices have consequences, freedoms come with responsibilities.

Yeah - this is idiotic. Should we increase health care costs across the board for an entire company because a person is older, fat, drinks too much, smokes. pre existing conditions, etc???

Most of these things can be prevented. Let’s charge them all - Stupid idea. 

Think before these idiotic ideas are thrown around. 

It’s purely political at this point - no matter what, get the vaccine or you will be punished.  That’s the current mantra. 

Freedoms continue to disappear and you sheep continue to listen to the press, social media, Fauci and other idiots. 

This is classic psyops and you continue to follow it. I’d just laugh, but it’s sad as hell and destroying our country. 

I’ll never get the vaccine nor will my family. As in never. 

24 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Well this is the issue, isn’t it?  Is it about the individual or about the society?  A global pandemic hits and people ask what’s in it for me, rather than how can I help my neighbor.  

Your last paragraph speaks volumes.  The mortality rate among vaccinated is at least 10 fold lower than unvaccinated, hospitalization rates are much higher with the unvaccinated, yet you talk about death and suffering in vaccinated.  The Modena thing, I can’t find any numbers on with respect to actual risk of myocarditis, only that it’s very rare, and if it’s like the Israeli data it’s maybe 7 cases in a million and most all resolve.  And Sweden didn’t tell young people not to get vaccinated but to choose a different vaccine.  But somehow that’s construed as worse that getting Covid when the data says otherwise.

People say the CDC should get better spokespeople and so on.  But it won’t matter because we now live in a society that is no longer a society, where the guy next you doesn’t give a damn about you, and where actual scientific knowledge is thrown on the alter of social media-hyped insanity.

And again, thanks for being an organ donor.  

Scientific knowledge. LMFAO

There are so many scientists that disagree with one another on the Covid issue. 

56 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Your last sentence is a flat out lie.  The total population of individuals 15-30 in the US is about 80 million, and according to the CDC there have been 4000 deaths from Covid in that age group.  So that’s about 0.005 %.  Data is known for the only significant complication associated with the vaccine that appears to affect the younger population, myocarditis.  The incidence of that post-vaccination was 0.00017 percent and of those a handful of them resulted in death with most resolving spontaneously.  So there is at least a 50 fold greater risk of dying from Covid in that age group vs. the one known complication in that age group.  There are mild side effects such as muscle soreness and stuff, but if you’re going to include those in your chances of a son having issues above what Covid would cause then you’re a hopeless case.  Plus I’m only talking about mortality in that age group and not morbidities, for which we’re only scratching the surface of currently. 

I was not comparing equal damage, being from Covid and Vaccine. My comparison is the 1% chance that the vaccine will cause him to miss school due to cold like/flu like symptoms vs the .0005 chance of major issues from Covid itself. I also will repeat that those 4000 are most likely unhealthy in some way, where my kid is extremely healthy except for minor skin issues.

54 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I know hundreds personally that think they’ and you are crazy and since 90% or more of health care workers are vaccinated across the country they apparently agree.

This number is not correct. (unless you discount the thousands of healthcare workers who were fired or resigned)

Although I am sure that you know hundreds of people who know I am crazy.

What else are you "pronouncing from on high" that is just your opinion ?

Edited by B-Man

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

This number is not correct. (unless you discount the thousands of healthcare workers who were fired or resigned)

Although I am sure that you know hundreds of people who know I am crazy.

What else are you "pronouncing from on high" that is just your opinion ?

You’re right.  In my healthcare system alone I probably know a thousand or more doctors, nurses, allied health care professionals that all recognize that vaccination is the responsible thing to do for themselves and their patients.  And thus know you’re crazy.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Then go get Covid and die if you’re willing to give your life.  And when you’re gasping for breath and declare like many have when in their death bed that you should have gotten the vaccine, it will be too late.

I would be 99% sure this anesthesiologist and the other guy got their childhood vaccines, got their yearly flu vaccines as that is required by many health care organizations.  So enough about your freedom.

Oh Jesus, you’re the same type that thought the “insurrection” was the end of America as we knew it. 

You and your like are such freaking wussies. 

How many times must it be explained that these are not like normal vaccines which have been created in the past like polio, etc.  These vaccines were rushed to market and the side effects are only coming to be known.  

So get your booster and maybe some blood clots, a stroke, or even death.  Have at it. It’s your choose and you can choose it freely. 

Me and my family won’t be taking it and am also willing to give my life.   Coincidentally, know much much more bad asses than I which are willing to do the same. 

I wish they actually would try to mandate national vaccination at this point.  ***** ain’t going to end up like Australia, I can tell you that. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I was not comparing equal damage, being from Covid and Vaccine. My comparison is the 1% chance that the vaccine will cause him to miss school due to cold like/flu like symptoms vs the .0005 chance of major issues from Covid itself. I also will repeat that those 4000 are most likely unhealthy in some way, where my kid is extremely healthy except for minor skin issues.

You honestly believe a cold is comparable to a major issue from Covid.  You honestly think that.

There’s really nothing to be said about that.

1 minute ago, Bockeye said:

Oh Jesus, you’re the same type that thought the “insurrection” was the end of America as we knew it. 

You and your like are such freaking wussies. 

How many times must it be explained that these are not like normal vaccines which have been created in the past like polio, etc.  These vaccines were rushed to market and the side effects are only coming to be known.  

So get your booster and maybe some blood clots, a stroke, or even death.  Have at it. It’s your choose and you can choose it freely. 

Me and my family won’t be taking it and am also willing to give my life.   Coincidentally, know much much more bad asses than I which are willing to do the same. 

I wish they actually would try to mandate national vaccination at this point.  ***** ain’t going to end up like Australia, I can tell you that. 

Then take the risk and if you get it have the decency to die in your own bed and not waste resources that could be used to save someone else.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You honestly believe a cold is comparable to a major issue from Covid.  You honestly think that.

There’s really nothing to be said about that.

Then take the risk and if you get it have the decency to die in your own bed and not waste resources that could be used to save someone else.

Likewise with your adverse effects. Blood clots, strokes, etc from the vaccine - stay the hell home and deal with it. 

Same goes if your obese, smoker, drinker, and have any other preventable conditions.  DONT go to doctor or hospital - deal with it as it’s your own doing. 

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

Where are they holding the meetings on this grand conspiracy and who are the "people in charge" at the moment? 

The rebel B-Man was celebrating works as an anesthesiologist for Pete's sake. "Not vaccinated, good bye" makes sense to me if I run a health system. Imagine you get covid from one of your treating doctors when you're an at-risk person. Hospital workers should be getting triple boosted!  

Ah--you nailed it!   "....makes sense to me..." That's my point.  On the individual level, it's all about what "makes sense to me".  Your perspective on politely telling the unclean "good bye" is what it is.  From my perspective, it's amazing how emotion and reasoning can swing the pendulum.  Back a few years when Obamacare was the rage, one of the hot button issues was "pre-existing conditions".  Politicians raged about it, citizens clamored for pre-existing conditions to be covered, and next thing you know, we've collectively saved, among others, the person capable to purchasing health insurance but who(m) had other priorities for their money and enver thought they would need it.  Now, a few short years later, we have a vaccine that by definition is voluntary, a leadership group that refused to mandate for all and instead chose the death by paper-cut route, segregating the masses into subcategories by the type of work they do,  and the same folks bemoaning pre-existing conditions are all for chucking the sick into the sewer--even though the sick were guaran-damn-teed coverage under the ACA.  

What a world. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bockeye said:

Likewise with your adverse effects. Blood clots, strokes, etc from the vaccine - stay the hell home and deal with it. 

Same goes if your obese, smoker, drinker, and have any other preventable conditions.  DONT go to doctor or hospital - deal with it as it’s your own doing. 

You realize the risks of things like blood clots from the vaccine are way less than morbidity and mortality from Covid?  

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ah--you nailed it!   "....makes sense to me..." That's my point.  On the individual level, it's all about what "makes sense to me".  Your perspective on politely telling the unclean "good bye" is what it is.  From my perspective, it's amazing how emotion and reasoning can swing the pendulum.  Back a few years when Obamacare was the rage, one of the hot button issues was "pre-existing conditions".  Politicians raged about it, citizens clamored for pre-existing conditions to be covered, and next thing you know, we've collectively saved, among others, the person capable to purchasing health insurance but who(m) had other priorities for their money and enver thought they would need it.  Now, a few short years later, we have a vaccine that by definition is voluntary, a leadership group that refused to mandate for all and instead chose the death by paper-cut route, segregating the masses into subcategories by the type of work they do,  and the same folks bemoaning pre-existing conditions are all for chucking the sick into the sewer--even though the sick were guaran-damn-teed coverage under the ACA.  

What a world. 

The only other time in history I can think of where we had either a national crisis or war or something like that, and the country didn’t pull together, was Vietnam.  And the Civil War, but that was obviously a unique case.