It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

On 7/20/2021 at 3:09 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

True. What I'm saying is that this is stupid policy.

It has encouraged the return of ordinary childhood infectious diseases (mumps, measles). And now it will encourage the spread of COVID-19.

There is an open question regarding true religious exemptions (not the generic "personal conscience" or philosophical exemptions that have swallowed the rule), but these ought to be limited to adherents to a religion with an established history of objections to a vaccine for specific doctrinal reasons. And that's a tiny, tiny percentage of the population.

[By the way, I believe that critical public health considerations should outweigh even legitimate/established religious exceptions to vaccines.]

The vaccines were all developed   using Fetal Cell Lines descended from aborted fetus.  Not sure which religion condones ripping children from a womb?  But outside of voodoo I dont know many.  The religious exemption is not about not wanting to get a vaccine, its about morality and its a real thing not a ploy.

Religion, to many, isnt just  a casual thing.  As far as the vaccine goes please explain this to me, and Im not being sarcastic, I truly want to understand your view.   Ive never had Covid, or never been symptomatic, which most likely means I have the antibodies because the idea that Ive never been exposed to this point is almost impossible.   But yes, I can spread it.  Or I can get the vaccine, still get Covid, become symptomatic, or stay asymptomatic and still spread the disease as we are already seeing proof of.  Oh and I may also suffer the side effects of the drug.  So whats the benefit?

Edited by thenorthremembers

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

The vaccines were all developed   using Fetal Cell Lines descended from aborted fetus.  Not sure which religion condones ripping children from a womb?  But outside of voodoo I dont know many.  The religious exemption is not about not wanting to get a vaccine, its about morality and its a real thing not a ploy.

Religion, to many, isnt just a thing a casual thing.  As far as the vaccine goes please explain this to me, and Im not being sarcastic, I truly want to understand your view.   Ive never had Covid, or never been symptomatic, which most likely means I have the antibodies because the idea that Ive never been exposed to this point is almost impossible.   But yes, I can spread it.  Or I can get the vaccine, still get Covid, become symptomatic, or stay asymptomatic and still spread the disease as we are already seeing proof of.  Oh and I may also suffer the side effects of the drug.  So whats the benefit?

Plus, it seems that the country may have herd immunity from the original Covid 19, as it is the Delta variant that is going around now...but, based on reports, the Vaccine does not appear to protect people as well against Delta- which makes it curious why people would want to mandate it now- if your following the science...

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Plus, it seems that the country may have herd immunity from the original Covid 19, as it is the Delta variant that is going around now...but, based on reports, the Vaccine does not appear to protect people as well against Delta- which makes it curious why people would want to mandate it now- if your following the science...

Agreed.  I feel like I am a generally logical person.  I see all this guilt and fear being spread and I dont understand it when I am watching people who have the vaccine still testing positive.  I am not antivax, I am just pro common sense and it appears that is way out the window right now in favor of fear mongering.

Also, Crangis McBasketball.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

Shush Covid Jim - you celebrate this:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886k065fn4ff2ykt6duba

I did? You love making ***** up don't you.

And why the new moniker?

And so you don't deny celebrating people's death.   Maybe you should bake a cake and deliver it to their families.  I'm sure they'd love that.  Putz. 
And I’m being VERY kind by calling you a putz. 

Edited by Chef Jim

How is she not fired!!!!!   She lifted the masks (gasp!!) for summer vacation when Delta was everywhere.  Then put them on to give cover for the NEA.

Now this to me is the biggest bungle of the whole sham - someone who knows the virus and Delta and the vaccines @Doc Brown and others please clarify this.  

Why are they saying that the vaccinated can spread it and this is the justification for putting the masks on ------ but isn't breakthrough infections rare???

This is what they've said.  Rare.  Now is she saying we don't know?  The most damaging thing it's doing is telling people the vaccines don't stop the spread so whatever.  I took it to "get my life back" and now you're saying nope.  Not the case.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I did? You love making ***** up don't you.

And why the new moniker?

And so you don't deny celebrating people's death.   Maybe you should bake a cake and deliver it to their families.  I'm sure they'd love that.  Putz. 
And I’m being VERY kind by calling you a putz. 

ok Insurection Jim…

And gth - if you cared about death you wouldn’t be cheering on gun violence.

image.thumb.jpeg.cac8a5ec3d9082739264ce088b03adb4.jpeg

On 8/4/2021 at 7:24 AM, ALF said:

US comes in last in health care rankings of high-income countries

The US once again ranked last in access to health care, equity and outcomes among high-income countries, despite spending a far greater share of its economy on health care, a new report released Wednesday has found.

The nation has landed in the basement in all seven studies the Commonwealth Fund has conducted since 2004. The US is the only one of the 11 countries surveyed not to have universal health insurance coverage.

While the latest data does not reflect the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, it lays out the strengths and weaknesses of each country's health care system when Covid-19 hit the world in early 2020.

"In no other country does income inequality so profoundly limit access to care as it does here," Blumenthal said. "Far too many people cannot afford the care they need and far too many are uninsured, especially compared to other wealthy nations."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/04/health/us-health-care-rankings/index.html

Good post, ALF! I wish our country was talking about universal health care during a pandemic more so than indulging in vaccination debates. From that list of 10 countries in that study, I don’t believe even one of them has a minor political party advocating for the privatization of health care, let alone a major party. Doing so would be considered political suicide in these countries. The United States, meanwhile, has TWO major parties doing it…which is twice as upsetting to me as being the only modern industrialized country in the world with a major political party effectively denying anthropogenic climate change…but I digress…

The point is that all 10 of those countries have largely (or practically entirely, in the case of some like the U.K.) socialized their health care industries during the twentieth century, and none of them have any regrets in doing so. They simply look at socialized medicine like we look at socialized national defense, socialized law and order, socialized fire departments, socialized postal service, etc… And not coincidentally, all 10 of those countries (U.K., France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand) routinely score higher than the U.S. in all sorts of upward socioeconomic mobility rankings. Hmmm.

I still believe M4A in the United States is inevitable just like I believe social democracy here is inevitable. But if we couldn’t even get a national discussion on it during a once-in-a-century pandemic, we are almost definitely a full generation away from implementing it. If roughly half the country currently perceives any form of a vaccination mandate to be a slippery slope to gulags, can you imagine the McCarthyite fearmongering that would have ensued if our corporate media acknowledged the basic interconnectedness of each individual’s health, from a financial well-being standpoint? Since our country’s inception, the concept of a social contract has always been under attack here more than in any other country in the world. And to some extent, this is a very healthy thing and a great source of our country’s strength. But in many specific modern scenarios such as pandemic management, I argue that it is downright pathological.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

How is she not fired!!!!!   She lifted the masks (gasp!!) for summer vacation when Delta was everywhere.  Then put them on to give cover for the NEA.

Now this to me is the biggest bungle of the whole sham - someone who knows the virus and Delta and the vaccines @Doc Brown and others please clarify this.  

Why are they saying that the vaccinated can spread it and this is the justification for putting the masks on ------ but isn't breakthrough infections rare???

This is what they've said.  Rare.  Now is she saying we don't know?  The most damaging thing it's doing is telling people the vaccines don't stop the spread so whatever.  I took it to "get my life back" and now you're saying nope.  Not the case.  

Because maybe this whole fiasco has nothing to do with viruses or vaccines? 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Because maybe this whole fiasco has nothing to do with viruses or vaccines? 🤔

It makes zero sense if breakthrough vaccine cases are rare.

From everything President CDC has said and what I've read in every report on what the CDC has said about this - they are saying both things: "everybody mask up sorry the vaccinated can spread it to," but........"the vaccinated rarely get infected."

If the latter is true there is ZERO reason to be reporting anything other then "the vaccinated continue to be safe.  Nothing is 100% but you will not die."

And you're right Jay don't get me wrong I'm not disagreeing with you.

Take all this together and what Biden said just 3 weeks ago about being vaccinated and not getting the virus.  Let's say he wasn't having a senior moment on the most important issue on the planet about the most important aspect of that issue - the vaccines and if they work.  Great!  Proceed with life as normal get vaccinated if you want.  

If he misspoke he should resign or be impeached and that's not hyperbole that's how bad that is.  If he lied (because you know they didn't just figure this out in the last 21 days they've at least been in a "we think you can" camp) then he should also be impeached.  

Hometown hospital cuts ties with Minnesota Vikings QB Kirk Cousins over vaccine comments

EAGAN, Minn. -- A day after Kirk Cousins doubled down on his stance regarding the COVID-19 vaccine, a hospital Cousins partners with in his hometown of Holland, Michigan, cut ties with the Minnesota Vikings quarterback.

Holland Hospital issued a statement via local radio station WHTC-AM 1450 upon severing ties with Cousins, who had partnered with the hospital's sports medicine program since 2017.

"As the trusted health care leader along the lakeshore, we are committed to providing accurate, timely health information and guidance based on guidelines from the CDC and medical experts," the statement read.

"While we acknowledge that each person is entitled to their own viewpoints, those who speak on our behalf must support messages that align with the hospital's position on matters of vital importance to individual and community health.

"For this reason, Holland Hospital will discontinue using Kirk Cousins as our spokesperson for now. We are proud of our association with Kirk. He embodies many values we respect and share as part of our work culture.

"However, we must be certain that our communications about COVID vaccination are consistent and unequivocal."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31975009/hometown-hospital-cuts-ties-minnesota-vikings-qb-kirk-cousins-vaccine-comments?platform=amp

So is it a recommendation or a requirement?  

Because they aren't acting like it's a recommendation.