America's future. O say, what do you see?

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Jeremy White retweeted this the other day:

Public opinion and action is determined by "scrolling through" the Twitter comments.  Yep they totally speak for society.  LOG OFF!!  Stop giving these useless "people" (or bots) any attention.  

My point being.....stop living in a fake social media cocoon and think that what you read or fake trending there is indicative of the real world and it all needs "fixing."

The partisan anger and Twitter usage chart since 2010 has a stunning parallel side by side rise.  

Lololol what if....now bare with me here......that all the white racists (that aren't bots) DO NOT have jobs.  

Assuming white people work.......That's very......not woke.  He needs more diversity training.

Responses like this and the climate it's creating, everyone is a fake.  No one going to want to offend anyone ever.  Never saying what they really think.  It's literally the Black Mirror Episode Nosedive out there.  

I'd like to know what all white neighborhood Mr. O'Connell lives in - ok I shouldn't assume he's racist because he's white. 

But wait....my CRT training says I should assume this.  Now I'm confused.    

Anyway, we're all going to be free from work soon anyway.  Soooooo........how will we ever shame these great villains in history into oblivion?  

Yea.....but those three guys all missed their Penalty Kicks in Sunday's Euro Championship Match.  So there's that!

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

This is nothing new. We've been a polarized country from day one.  If you remember there was this "thing" in the mid 19th century that demonstrated how polarized we are.  It's just 24/7 news cycle and social media that has it in our faces all day every day.   I'm not worried.

This country is going to be split up like the Balkans 15 years from now and that might be a good thing. 

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

What makes you say that?

Why 15 years?

Why might it be a good thing?

The 70 percent doesn’t want to live with the 30 percent any longer. Either we split up or we gotta put you into FEMA work camps until you stop misbehaving and can rejoin society.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The 1980s was the time of junk bonds and the S and L scandal. The 1990s brought the tech bubble and the start of the housing bubble, we always have had to watch for greed. The in your face style is correct but FDR was very in the face of his opponents but the media was on his side so he was brave not antagonistic. As for the Nazi comparison, our govt does not allow someone who is appalling to 75% of the population win a presidency, which is what happened in Germany.  

Most conservatives think that way. Democrats are the jealous of others wealth types. 

The only thing I disagree with is the 75%. 

The US has a two party, therefore 2 candidate race. One person can be disliked by 75% of pop. but because he is the lessor of two evils can be elected. All systems have flaws. Example, Biden just got elected because 51% of the pop disliked the other guy...not because he was a great candidate. 

21 minutes ago, Governor said:

This country is going to be split up like the Balkans 15 years from now and that might be a good thing. 

What’s it matter; the earth is going to have imploded three years before that ever happens. Just ask AOC.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What’s it matter; the earth is going to have imploded three years before that ever happens. Just ask AOC.

Two years from now the US will not be fit to live in, just ask trump.

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

The 70 percent doesn’t want to live with the 30 percent any longer. Either we split up or we gotta put you into FEMA work camps until you stop misbehaving and can rejoin society.

So you got nothing.  Just opening your yap as I had suspected

Carry on............

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you got nothing.  Just opening your yap as I had suspected

Carry on............

Take a look around. This obviously can’t continue. Take a look at Tennessee. They can no longer be part of the United States. We can’t even get you meatheads to take a vaccine during a global pandemic. 

We do have a special job just for you when the camp opens. You’ll be baking wedding cakes for gay couples.

What could we have B-man do?

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

Take a look around. This obviously can’t continue. Take a look at Tennessee. They can no longer be part of the United States. We can’t even get you meatheads to take a vaccine during a global pandemic. 

We do have a special job just for you when the camp opens. You’ll be baking wedding cakes for gay couples.

So much for your unity. This is what you and your meathead buddies on here want. You don’t give a crap about racism. To you and your ilk it’s just a word you use as a weapon. Because NOBODY wants to be called a racist.

I think the split is more like 95% normal thinking people and 5% nut jobs like you.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

Do you feel there will be a tipping point when people realize being unvaccinated is dumb as *****? I think there will be - and unfortunately it’ll happen after way too many die. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bidens_basement said:

So much for your unity. This is what you and your meathead buddies on here want. You don’t give a crap about racism. To you and your ilk it’s just a word you use as a weapon. Because NOBODY wants to be called a racist.

I think the split is more like 95% normal thinking people and 5% nut jobs like you.

Your job will be the designing of deed-restricted WOKE-only communities throughout Florida.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, 716er said:

Do you feel there will be a tipping point when people realize being unvaccinated is dumb as *****? I think there will be - and unfortunately it’ll happen after way too many die. 

Dunno, but 3 months from now, people from those states won’t be traveling to the northeast without a vaccine card. Checkpoints  at the state lines will be in place. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

Dunno, but 3 months from now, people from those states won’t be traveling to the northeast without a vaccine card. Checkpoints  at the state lines will be in place. 

3? I’m thinking by September. Delta is about to destroy the SE.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 716er said:

3? I’m thinking by September. Delta is about to destroy the SE.

I shouldn’t say this but, frankly, IDGAF.  Anyone dumb enough to refuse the vax and to refuse the mask deserves the result. The sad part is that some responsible people down there probably will get sick and die based on the spread amongst the irresponsible/hoaxers/HCQ/Lysol/fake news crowd. 

24 minutes ago, Governor said:

Should be that way now.  Keep your delta and keep your stupid in Florida/Alabama/Mississippi, etc. where it belongs. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Moderna launches clinical trial testing whether its COVID-19 vaccine leads to miscarriages or stillbirths in pregnant women or birth defects in newborns despite thousands of mothers-to-be receiving the shot

Scientists will observe the potential side effects the vaccine will have on the pregnant women, the infants, and whether the vaccine could cause complications in pregnancy.

Pregnant women remain in a small group of people who the vaccine has not been fully verified to be safe for.

While pregnant women are eligible for COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S., they are not professionally recommended to take it or not, as there is little data on the vaccines effects on pregnant women.

Earlier this year, the World Health Organization recommended against pregnant women getting the vaccine, before later walking back that advice.

The women all must have received a dose of the Moderna COVID vaccine within the 28 days before their last menstrual period before pregnancy (MEANING WE ARE FINDING PROBLEMS WITH WOMEN AND THEIR CYCLES AND POSSIBLY THE PREGNANCY ITSELF AFTER YOU GOT THE MAGIC VACCINE AND ITS TIME TO LOOK INTO THIS MORE SERIOUSLY)

Moderna is looking to find trends of pregnancy complications or negative pregnancy outcomes -such as a miscarriage or a stillbirth - among the women who received their vaccine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9784519/Moderna-launches-clinical-trial-testing-COVID-vaccine-safe-pregnant-women.html

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO STUPID AS TO REFUSE THIS VACCINE.   

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

This is not a head-scratcher.  Sure, quick and simple- pass a law requiring all portions to be within a minimum and maximum percentage of x miles of an agreed upon central district point.  Voters in a series of fringe/overlapping blocks can vote to join District A, or District B.  Districts will vary in size (x) based upon population density.  

B743A3EF-0B97-458B-979E-662B07A370ED.webp 24.14 kB · 1 download

Ever try to divide anything using nothing but circles?

It doesn't work. never-ending overlaps.

Now try to get two parties to decide the "central point" of a district; then complicate it with population density; we're back to gerrymandering.

I'm not even going to imagine what "voting to join" a district will entail.  That's even more gerrymandering.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

The gay couple remark shows me you have no clue as to who I am and what my ideals are.  And we're the problem.  :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Moderna launches clinical trial testing whether its COVID-19 vaccine leads to miscarriages or stillbirths in pregnant women or birth defects in newborns despite thousands of mothers-to-be receiving the shot

Scientists will observe the potential side effects the vaccine will have on the pregnant women, the infants, and whether the vaccine could cause complications in pregnancy.

Pregnant women remain in a small group of people who the vaccine has not been fully verified to be safe for.

While pregnant women are eligible for COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S., they are not professionally recommended to take it or not, as there is little data on the vaccines effects on pregnant women.

Earlier this year, the World Health Organization recommended against pregnant women getting the vaccine, before later walking back that advice.

The women all must have received a dose of the Moderna COVID vaccine within the 28 days before their last menstrual period before pregnancy (MEANING WE ARE FINDING PROBLEMS WITH WOMEN AND THEIR CYCLES AND POSSIBLY THE PREGNANCY ITSELF AFTER YOU GOT THE MAGIC VACCINE AND ITS TIME TO LOOK INTO THIS MORE SERIOUSLY)

Moderna is looking to find trends of pregnancy complications or negative pregnancy outcomes -such as a miscarriage or a stillbirth - among the women who received their vaccine.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9784519/Moderna-launches-clinical-trial-testing-COVID-vaccine-safe-pregnant-women.html

HOW CAN PEOPLE BE SO STUPID AS TO REFUSE THIS VACCINE.   

It's already been decided that we have to sacrifice thousands to save hundreds of thousands.

5 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Elon Musk had an interesting interview about the role of technology replacing ALL human jobs.

A.I. would replace management

Robots would replace labor.

The final result is that everything would be FREE.

What happens when everything in the world costs nothing because Robots took over every industry.

resources become the only thing with value.  Remember labor is only a component of cost. 

Just now, Governor said:

All of the salmon in your state are dead. Why did you kill them? 

In California? I’m not much of a salmon eater, but now you’re off on another tangent. Time to take another dose of your meds. It’ll all be OK.

1 hour ago, unbillievable said:

Ever try to divide anything using nothing but circles?

It doesn't work. never-ending overlaps.

Now try to get two parties to decide the "central point" of a district; then complicate it with population density; we're back to gerrymandering.

I'm not even going to imagine what "voting to join" a district will entail.  That's even more gerrymandering.

Jeebus, I wrote a sentence, not an essay.  If the world can create a soccer ball with its multiple geometric patterns, I'm sure we can figure this one out.  

Why not just say you're in favor of gerrymandering🧐

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

resources become the only thing with value.  Remember labor is only a component of cost. 

Resource scarcity is a component of Management, and along with allocation would be left to the decision of an A.I.

Left to the absolute minimum, the only control any person would have is TIME> whether it's worth the wait.

For example.. if you wanted to eat polar bear; would you be willing to wait for the species to raise in numbers before the robot made you a sandwich.

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Jeebus, I wrote a sentence, not an essay.  If the world can create a soccer ball with its multiple geometric patterns, I'm sure we can figure this one out.  

Why not just say you're in favor of gerrymandering🧐

Actually, I'm saying it's impossible to remove gerrymandering without removing the human element.

That's why I'm suggesting we let the robots decide.

Edited by unbillievable

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I shouldn’t say this but, frankly, IDGAF.  Anyone dumb enough to refuse the vax and to refuse the mask deserves the result. The sad part is that some responsible people down there probably will get sick and die based on the spread amongst the irresponsible/hoaxers/HCQ/Lysol/fake news crowd. 

Should be that way now.  Keep your delta and keep your stupid in Florida/Alabama/Mississippi, etc. where it belongs. 

Here are NYS vaccination rates broken down by race/ethnicity.  https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/vaccine-demographic-data

Tell all the Black, Asian and Latino residents of NY how stupid they're being -- or are they all dumbass conservatives who deserve what they get?

Here's where the Delta variant is most concentrated as of now https://www.newsweek.com/delta-variant-five-us-states-spreading-covid-19-1609632

"The data concluded that the areas with the highest proportions of the Delta variant—or B.1.617.2— among their cases are Missouri at 74.6 percent, Nevada at 44.1 percent, Colorado at 36.5 percent, California at 31.1 percent and New Jersey at 28.6 percent."  I don't see a Florida, Alabama, or a Mississippi on that list.

I'm not saying that Covid is not present in the Southeast, I'm just saying that your overgeneralizations are pretty much inaccurate and misleading.

Maybe, just maybe, it isn't a North-South, urban/rural, blue-red, left-right thing. And maybe people have various personal reasons for not getting vaccinated.

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

IMHO The United States is at a tipping point. As I've posted in other threads, all the rest of this chatter is just that...chatter.  We are now gripped in a death match struggle between collectivism and individualism. It is the root cause of everything else (climate change, globalism, CRT, voting laws, health care, etc.). I'm going to be really interested to see which side wins....but make no mistake, this is NOT the Republicans against the Democrats as many old-schoolers on here would love to frame it.

CRT isn’t a real issue on voter’s minds and won’t affect the midterm elections and isn’t an issue that will greatly favor R’s 1 year from now as we can see from recent polling.

From what I’ve been told, HC will be the main issue once again. I’m talking about voter’s that matter. The mushy moderates. The center. Whatever you want to call them.

Democrats are going to hold or increase gains with seniors as soon as the Medicare expansion (vision, dental) passes. That will be a really big deal on Election Day.

For anyone that’s wondering, Dems have been stalling on weed laws and college loans forgiveness. Expect them to use those issues to drive up young turnout down the stretch. They’ll also rile people up with the voter suppression laws heading into Election Day. They’ve got every part of the electorate covered. They actually know what they’re doing for a change.

Edited by Governor

27 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Resource scarcity is a component of Management, and along with allocation would be left to the decision of an A.I.

Left to the absolute minimum, the only control any person would have is TIME> whether it's worth the wait.

For example.. if you wanted to eat polar bear; would you be willing to wait for the species to raise in numbers before the robot made you a sandwich.

Actually, I'm saying it's impossible to remove gerrymandering without removing the human element.

That's why I'm suggesting we let the robots decide.

Resources have owners.

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Jeremy White retweeted this the other day:

Public opinion and action is determined by "scrolling through" the Twitter comments.  Yep they totally speak for society.  LOG OFF!!  Stop giving these useless "people" (or bots) any attention.  

My point being.....stop living in a fake social media cocoon and think that what you read or fake trending there is indicative of the real world and it all needs "fixing."

The partisan anger and Twitter usage chart since 2010 has a stunning parallel side by side rise.  

Lololol what if....now bare with me here......that all the white racists (that aren't bots) DO NOT have jobs.  

Assuming white people work.......That's very......not woke.  He needs more diversity training.

Responses like this and the climate it's creating, everyone is a fake.  No one going to want to offend anyone ever.  Never saying what they really think.  It's literally the Black Mirror Episode Nosedive out there.  

I'd like to know what all white neighborhood Mr. O'Connell lives in - ok I shouldn't assume he's racist because he's white. 

But wait....my CRT training says I should assume this.  Now I'm confused.    

Anyway, we're all going to be free from work soon anyway.  Soooooo........how will we ever shame these great villains in history into oblivion?  

You seem to reference/link to Twitter more than anyone here besides @B-Man

Should probably follow your own advice.

-----------‐----------------------

Stupid pessimistic title, but economy & industry could go to ***** based on a decades old MIT study that's tracking...

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3xw3x/new-research-vindicates-1972-mit-prediction-that-society-will-collapse-soon

🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by LeGOATski

4 hours ago, snafu said:

Here are NYS vaccination rates broken down by race/ethnicity.  https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/vaccine-demographic-data

Tell all the Black, Asian and Latino residents of NY how stupid they're being -- or are they all dumbass conservatives who deserve what they get?

Here's where the Delta variant is most concentrated as of now https://www.newsweek.com/delta-variant-five-us-states-spreading-covid-19-1609632

"The data concluded that the areas with the highest proportions of the Delta variant—or B.1.617.2— among their cases are Missouri at 74.6 percent, Nevada at 44.1 percent, Colorado at 36.5 percent, California at 31.1 percent and New Jersey at 28.6 percent."  I don't see a Florida, Alabama, or a Mississippi on that list.

I'm not saying that Covid is not present in the Southeast, I'm just saying that your overgeneralizations are pretty much inaccurate and misleading.

Maybe, just maybe, it isn't a North-South, urban/rural, blue-red, left-right thing. And maybe people have various personal reasons for not getting vaccinated.

Give it time.  Low vax rates, a poorly educated population, and delusions about COVID will work their magic in the states I mentioned.