The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

38 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

This reminds me of all the “slave pride” parades that went through very major city back in the 1800s. And who could forget the civil war started because slaves started moving to the north and buying houses. What an great and not at all disrespectful comparison. 

Or how Florida is so racist that the NAACP is telling people not to visit there.  While some of them live there.  Morons.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Or how Florida is so racist that the NAACP is telling people not to visit there.  While some of them live there.  Morons.

Some. Florida has like the 2 highest black population in the nation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_African-American_population

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

There actually is an irrational hatred of cyclists in some people.

I bike to work in good weather. It's about a half hour each way. I get in an hour total of a workout during what otherwise would be a sedentary car commute while enjoying some beautiful summer/spring/fall scenery.

Most drivers are fine with sharing the road. I get a lot of "go ahead" waves from people who get that stopping/starting on a bike is a lot tougher than in a car.

But some are just a-holes. In Colorado it is legal for a cyclist to stop briefly at a red light, check for traffic, and then go. I get people yelling out of windows at me, like it bothers them that they have to wait out the light while I can just treat it like a stop sign. The reason we do this: we want to get the hell out of your way. If I'm on the shoulder next to a line of cars and I can just go before the light turns, I can avoid that uncertainty about how to space yourself in a line of cars. They can see me, I know where they are, I won't get in their way, they won't run into me by making a sudden right turn into a street or a driveway, etc. So is there a "hatred of bikers?" Yes, among some people. Go ahead and hate on the spandexed groups who take a perverse joy in causing traffic jams. But that's not me or most cyclists - just let me get the hell outta your way and we can both arrive safely.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I bike to work in good weather. It's about a half hour each way. I get in an hour total of a workout during what otherwise would be a sedentary car commute while enjoying some beautiful summer/spring/fall scenery.

Most drivers are fine with sharing the road. I get a lot of "go ahead" waves from people who get that stopping/starting on a bike is a lot tougher than in a car.

But some are just a-holes. In Colorado it is legal for a cyclist to stop briefly at a red light, check for traffic, and then go. I get people yelling out of windows at me, like it bothers them that they have to wait out the light while I can just treat it like a stop sign. The reason we do this: we want to get the hell out of your way. If I'm on the shoulder next to a line of cars and I can just go before the light turns, I can avoid that uncertainty about how to space yourself in a line of cars. They can see me, I know where they are, I won't get in their way, they won't run into me by making a sudden right turn into a street or a driveway, etc. So is there a "hatred of bikers?" Yes, among some people. Go ahead and hate on the spandexed groups who take a perverse joy in causing traffic jams. But that's not me or most cyclists - just let me get the hell outta your way and we can both arrive safely.

Do you wear those cringy bike racing clothes? Lol

29 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I don’t condone their behavior at all. But if everybody is a nazi, then no one is a nazi. You use that word so flippantly that it has lost its meaning.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Westside said:

Do you wear those cringy bike racing clothes? Lol

I don’t condone their behavior at all. But if everybody is a nazi, then no one is a nazi. You use that word so flippantly that it has lost its meaning.

You nazi ***** harassing and intimidating  journalists!

Freedom of the press!

Now, how can we make Tucker Carlson go away?

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Since someone else brought it up😀- in Orange County we have a large amount of bike trails right near my house and what is annoying is the guys that will be in the road while riding parallel to the trail along a busy section of road. The bike trail is well maintained and there is no good reason for it. 

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kiro7.com/news/local/city-attorney-seattle-police-not-take-action-or-prosecute-graffiti-property-damage/SDJW3HQ4SREZJGGGLOITKK4RYU/%3foutputType=amp

How are these two statements possible? It is legal in Seattle but a federal crime in NH? I do understand the prosecutors would be different but this is messed up.

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“Narrative over All”

Media blames ‘climate change’ for Canadian wildfires despite arrest of multiple arsonists

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/media-blames-climate-change-for-canadian-wildfires-despite-arrest-of-multiple-arsonists/

Wow, lol. 

https://www.newsweek.com/canada-wildfires-spark-climate-consipiracy-theories-1805400 

Although environmental experts and federal agencies have attributed the massive fires and ensuing smoke to warm and dry conditions that exacerbated Canada's wildfire season, which typically runs from May to October, the extreme weather has sparked conspiracy theories that the fires were started by climate change advocates who are using the unhealthy air to push for legislative change.

"I bet a good portion of the wildfires raging across the country were started by green terrorists who want to give their climate change campaign a little boost," Maxime Bernier, the leader of the far-right People's Party of Canada, tweeted on Monday. "The far left are experts at inventing and creating crises that they can then exploit."

ABC host shocked by post-Trump indictment poll showing ‘statistical tie’: ‘What does that say about Biden?’

I have bad news for them: It’s not even. Those polls all are designed to favor Biden. Trump is way ahead.

As to why? Well, sure, Biden is a zombie. But every time you openly and clearly go after Trump for things that Biden and Hilary did worse and more obviously while exonerating your darlings? The more we go mule, stick our toes in the mud and go “We will vote for dead Trump over living Biden, if you kill him.” Also no. Also effe you. Also, these are our middle fingers.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/abc-host-shocked-by-post-trump-indictment-polling-showing-statistical-tie-what-does-that-say-about-biden

• Like (+1) 3

On 6/17/2023 at 5:36 AM, Orlando Tim said:

😀Https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kiro7.com/news/local/city-attorney-seattle-police-not-take-action-or-prosecute-graffiti-property-damage/SDJW3HQ4SREZJGGGLOITKK4RYU/%3foutputType=amp

How are these two statements possible? It is legal in Seattle but a federal crime in NH? I do understand the prosecutors would be different but this is messed up.

This one really agrivates me.  

I live in the area.  Up until the last few years, Seattle was a clean beautiful city.  

Now when I drive anywhere there is litter and trash on both sides of the street. Overpasses and bridges and retaining walls etc are covered in grafittti. 

While city leaders etc like to call it "The Emerald City", in reality it looks like a ***** hole city.  

And now we give them the green light?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

This one really agrivates me.  

I live in the area.  Up until the last few years, Seattle was a clean beautiful city.  

Now when I drive anywhere there is litter and trash on both sides of the street. Overpasses and bridges and retaining walls etc are covered in grafittti. 

While city leaders etc like to call it "The Emerald City", in reality it looks like a ***** hole city.  

And now we give them the green light?

In 2010 I worked in Seattle area for several months, technically based on Woodinville, and it was a great place to meet people but the people in the office were odd in a bad way. Literally said to me something similar  to concept of that since government allows it therefore it is fine as they tried to abuse my position by trying to make me work 18 hours while only getting paid for 12. It has always stuck with me the amount of times I heard something like the words that the state allows it therefore it is legal. 

• Like (+1) 1

Don't trust the media! They are exposing this corrupt right wing court for what it is, a billionaire's play court, where the wealthiest Americans can get the best justice they can buy! 

But don't trust the media! They are elitists you know! 

• Haha (+1) 1

I have two contrary feelings watching this- I. Glad the press is doing there job and this is what a white house press briefing should look like more often, for all presidents. Second feeling is that this is pathetic for all the ones who are pretending that this new information was not already known in 2019 and they lied about to ensure Biden was president. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 6/15/2023 at 12:42 PM, BillsFanNC said:

Not to mention the ultra rare CGG - CGG arginine codon pair that appear in the FCS.  And oh wait that's the FCS with those same extremely rare codon pairs that were in the Wuhan research proposals....

But racoon dogs!

They (Slime, etc) have no idea what you are talking about.

• Agree 3

22 hours ago, Wacka said:

They (Slime, etc) have no idea what you are talking about.

They don't. But honestly it doesn't take going into the weeds of the furin cleavage site present in the receptor binding domain of the covid spike protein or mRNA codons that translate arginine and other amino acids in order to lose them.

Their depth of understanding is much, much shallower.  Some might say non existent.