AOC's abuela

This is great.  Apparently AOC's abuela's home in PR was damaged during Hurricane Maria (almost 4 years ago) and AOC claims she still hasn't gotten the money to fix it because of, you guessed it, Trump.  Despite the fact that AOC is a Congress critter and has money now, she's been making dear old abuela live in "squalid conditions" the whole time.  Well conservative commentator Matt Walsh felt bad and started a GoFundMe page for abuela and it raised over $100K in 11 hours.  But it was shut down because abuela apparently doesn't want that money, she wants government money.

If that doesn't sum almost everything up, I don't know what does.

6 hours ago, Doc said:

This is great.  Apparently AOC's abuela's home in PR was damaged during Hurricane Maria (almost 4 years ago) and AOC claims she still hasn't gotten the money to fix it because of, you guessed it, Trump.  Despite the fact that AOC is a Congress critter and has money now, she's been making dear old abuela live in "squalid conditions" the whole time.  Well conservative commentator Matt Walsh felt bad and started a GoFundMe page for abuela and it raised over $100K in 11 hours.  But it was shut down because abuela apparently doesn't want that money, she wants government money.

If that doesn't sum almost everything up, I don't know what does.

Is it great? People are living I terrible conditions from the storm. The same storm that Trump used as a photo op.

AOC has money. Her abuela is fine. She has said as much. It’s not about her abuela needing help but all the other parts of the country needing help. Some right wing idiot makes a GoFundMe to troll AOC. If AOC accepts the money, her abuelas home is better (again not needed as AOC said she’s fine) but what about the rest of Puerto Rico?

It’s sad how dumb the right has become. 

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

Is it great? People are living I terrible conditions from the storm. The same storm that Trump used as a photo op.

AOC has money. Her abuela is fine. She has said as much. It’s not about her abuela needing help but all the other parts of the country needing help. Some right wing idiot makes a GoFundMe to troll AOC. If AOC accepts the money, her abuelas home is better (again not needed as AOC said she’s fine) but what about the rest of Puerto Rico?

So you're admitting she lied about all of it.  Awesome.

6 minutes ago, Wacka said:

What about the crooked PR government that  is stealing all the money we already poured in there.

It doesn't matter.  It's all Trump's fault.  I see Joe has been right on it since he took office...

12 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Reminds me of Jussie Smollett- where it doesn’t matter if you’re lying as long as you’re raising awareness...

Smollett and AOC are basically admitting that they are making up stories, that manipulate people’s emotions, just to push an agenda...kinda hard to respect that kind of behavior, regardless what side of the aisle you’re on...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Doc said:

So you're admitting she lied about all of it.  Awesome.

It doesn't matter.  It's all Trump's fault.  I see Joe has been right on it since he took office...

Where is the lie? These are her tweets from June 2nd on it. She even said her abuela was fine in those tweets!:

Just over a week ago, my abuela fell ill. I went to Puerto Rico to see her- my 1st time in a year+ bc of COVID. This is her home. Hurricane María relief hasn’t arrived. Trump blocked relief $ for PR. People are being forced to flee ancestral homes, & developers are taking them.

We immediately got to work reaching out to community advocates and leaders and following the money. What’s happening to Puerto Ricans is systemic. Much of it can be traced to La Junta, aka the Wall Street-connected fiscal control board that the US gave power to over the island.

In the aftermath of María, the Trump admin oversaw two key items: handing millions in public $ to unqualified donor pals (ex Whitefish). The other was to impose extremely difficult eligibility rules for Puerto Ricans, which allowed mass rejections of recovery fund applications.

I want to be clear - while Trump admin had a major role, it wasn’t just them. La Junta, local policies, etc were all on the same page: policies that pushed out local families. To turn this around, we need audits & get recovery relief to people ASAP, without the onerous strings.

And for the record - my abuela is doing okay. It’s not about us, but about what’s happening to Puerto Rican’s across the island. She had a place to go to and be cared for - what about the thousands of people who don’t?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Where is the lie? These are her tweets from June 2nd on it. She even said her abuela was fine in those tweets!:

Just over a week ago, my abuela fell ill. I went to Puerto Rico to see her- my 1st time in a year+ bc of COVID. This is her home. Hurricane María relief hasn’t arrived. Trump blocked relief $ for PR. People are being forced to flee ancestral homes, & developers are taking them.

We immediately got to work reaching out to community advocates and leaders and following the money. What’s happening to Puerto Ricans is systemic. Much of it can be traced to La Junta, aka the Wall Street-connected fiscal control board that the US gave power to over the island.

In the aftermath of María, the Trump admin oversaw two key items: handing millions in public $ to unqualified donor pals (ex Whitefish). The other was to impose extremely difficult eligibility rules for Puerto Ricans, which allowed mass rejections of recovery fund applications.

I want to be clear - while Trump admin had a major role, it wasn’t just them. La Junta, local policies, etc were all on the same page: policies that pushed out local families. To turn this around, we need audits & get recovery relief to people ASAP, without the onerous strings.

And for the record - my abuela is doing okay. It’s not about us, but about what’s happening to Puerto Rican’s across the island. She had a place to go to and be cared for - what about the thousands of people who don’t?

She’s got a point, government tends to be rife with corruption.  Seems like that is certainly the case with all these democrats that were running PR... That why the less of it there is the better. 

Also, for those of us that have ever had weather damage to property, can’t imagine sitting around waiting for the government to fix it for me. 

Talk about being an unmotivated bum. 

has she done anything notable outside of bitching about trump, white people, and rich people?

For someone who ***** so much about america she gets a nice big fat check for it.

Seriously she's either really stingy and/or doesn't give a crap about her abuela or is so demented

she would rather granny suffered as long as she is able to keep her bull#### trump narrative alive.

Another lefty who is helping Trump, and is so dimwitted doesn't realize it.

Edited by Unforgiven

45 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

has she done anything notable outside of bitching about trump, white people, and rich people?

For someone who ***** so much about america she gets a nice big fat check for it.

Seriously she's either really stingy and/or doesn't give a crap about her abuela or is so demented

she would rather granny suffered as long as she is able to keep her bull#### trump narrative alive.

Another lefty who is helping Trump, and is so dimwitted doesn't realize it.

She was elected to Congress.

Here you are feeding into a blatant lie and bitching about her bitching about Trump.

What notable thing have you done? Are you the Imperial Wizard of the local chapter?

13 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

So why not accept the money and use it to help other?  

4 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

So someone who complains the government didn’t save people wants the government to save people.  Got it. 

Oh and AOC’s policies will not change this. The main problem government can’t (or doesn’t help) is due to it being bloated and her policies will only exacerbate the situation.   

2 hours ago, 716er said:

She was elected to Congress.

Here you are feeding into a blatant lie and bitching about her bitching about Trump.

What notable thing have you done? Are you the Imperial Wizard of the local chapter?

Ok defender of a more bloated government. What has she accomplished outside of bitching and hand wringing? 

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So someone who complains the government didn’t save people wants the government to save people.  Got it. 

Oh and AOC’s policies will not change this. The main problem government can’t (or doesn’t help) is due to it being bloated and her policies will only exacerbate the situation.   

Ok defender of a more bloated government. What has she accomplished outside of bitching and hand wringing? 

697 bills she’s sponsored or co-sponsored:

https://www.congress.gov/member/alexandria-ocasio-cortez/O000172?searchResultViewType=expanded

Getting the Green New Deal started.

Hate for her has filled millions of hours on Fox News and other right wing propaganda outlets.

Youngest woman to serve in Congress.

Organized fund raisers and food drivers to bail out the Republican Texans during their power outage stemming from Republican policies.

9 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

697 bills she’s sponsored or co-sponsored:

https://www.congress.gov/member/alexandria-ocasio-cortez/O000172?searchResultViewType=expanded

Getting the Green New Deal started.

Hate for her has filled millions of hours on Fox News and other right wing propaganda outlets.

Youngest woman to serve in Congress.

Organized fund raisers and food drivers to bail out the Republican Texans during their power outage stemming from Republican policies.

I don’t hate her. I don’t know her. The new green deal pushed by a lie?  That’s where I have against her. 

And sorry to sound like I’m

botching just to hear myself B word but now it sounds like she’s trying to do to much. Change the world.  I learned a LONG time ago it’s best to do a few things exceedingly well and a buch half assed. 

Edited by Chef Jim

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I don’t hate her. I don’t know her. The new green deal pushed by a lie?  That’s where I have against her. 

And sorry to sound like I’m

botching just to hear myself B word but now it sounds like she’s trying to do to much. Change the world.  I learned a LONG time ago it’s best to do a few things exceedingly well and a buch half assed. 

She’s doing upsetting right wing people pretty well as evidenced by this thread.

she has a better resume than anyone here.

This thread was started by an idiot that didn’t even ready the posts that started this entire thing.

So on this thread let’s all back off AOC say the OP is wrong and doesn’t have any reading comprehension.

We can do a new thread about how AOC sucks.

4 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

She’s doing upsetting right wing people pretty well as evidenced by this thread.

This thread was started by an idiot that didn’t even ready the posts that started this entire thing.

So on this thread let’s all back off AOC say the OP is wrong and doesn’t have any reading comprehension.

LOL!  If I demanded you retract all the braindead things you've said...

The fact is that she claimed her abuela's home was run down and you claimed it/she was fine.  So IOW...she lied.  If she didn't lie, she should have been spending the money to fix her abuela's house instead of waiting for the corrupt PR government to do it.  Joe's admin released $8B on April 20th and here it is over a month-and-a-half later and still abuela's and other's houses haven't been fixed.  How much of that $8B do you think will actually get to the people who need it? 

Trump is no longer in office so that dog don't hunt.  But hey, as long as it gets the simpletons on the left's jollies up...

Edited by Doc

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

Why accept it?

Why?  Because it will make things better for them. It’s this real cool thing.  It’s called charity. 

3 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

She has a better resume than anyone here?  A couple of questions.  

1.  Do you know any of our resumes

2. What makes here better? 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

LOL!  If I demanded you retract all the braindead things you've said...

The fact is that she claimed her abuela's home was run down and you claimed it/she was fine.  So IOW...she lied.  If she didn't lie, she should have been spending the money to fix her abuela's house instead of waiting for the corrupt PR government to do it.  Joe's admin released $8B on April 20th and here it is over a month-and-a-half later and still abuela's and other's houses haven't been fixed.  How much of that $8B do you think will actually get to the people who need it? 

Trump is no longer in office so that dog don't hunt.  But hey, as long as it gets the simpletons on the left's jollies up...

Dude. Just admit you don’t know how to read and move on. In the same thread post she said her abuela was fine. Just admit you didn’t read the initial posts, you jumped

on a story that was really

purely propaganda and you fell for it.

She called out how Trump admin saw funds go to Trump people. It’s probably the lasting legacy of Trump is Americans hard earned money going to Trump/Trump people. Why not call for an audit on how the funds were used? Don’t forget this was a President that thought it was ok to use a non-for-profits funds to buy Tim Tebow crap and then was told he can’t have an NFP anymore.

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Why?  Because it will make things better for them. It’s this real cool thing.  It’s called charity. 

She has a better resume than anyone here?  A couple of questions.  

1.  Do you know any of our resumes

2. What makes here better? 

Youngest female congressman is pretty hard to top. Add on her gigantic social media following , I’d say there’s probably not many people in the US who could top her resume. 

8 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

better resume?..bartender corrupt politician...nope.

she opposed amazon headquarters in ny that would have employed thousands and injected millions of dollars in tax revenue and the surrounding economy. not a amazon fan but money and new jobs are a good thing for your city, if your not a fool. 

her green new deal was a comedy sketch. rebuild every building to be energy efficient ect ect lol. scientist and economist saw that was a joke and blew it off what kind of idiot would remake the economy while a bunch of uncertainty in a...global...shutdown...has...yet....to...recov..oh riiight.

of coarse she's been on the side of villianizing police and abolishing prisons, laxing bail and punishments. thats worked out very well for the skyrocketing ny crime rate and countless victims that have endured tragedy in ny. i mean it the countless "victims" are the criminals according to her.  

she's pushed the established democrats to enact progressive ideas regardless of party lines like her campaign promised..just kidding, she's a fraud and routinley falls in line.

the kids in cages that she cried for! surely she is condemning them living under bridges, being left out in the desert or overpopulating...cages  during a pandemic! whats that? she changed them to "migrant facilities" now? renaming them has saved these people! god bless aoc.

a "leader" hides in a closet and lies about how she "survived" her "imminent" danger being nowhere close to it.

but she got alot of tik toker fans that enjoy her video game sessions and shes pretty good at collecting money for other peoples districts. ill give her that.

she will never see your post and is not interested in a date. its ok to acknowledge the truth about her policies. 😂😅🤣

Edited by Buffarukus

7 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

better resume?..bartender corrupt politician...nope.

she opposed amazon headquarters in ny that would have employed thousands and injected millions of dollars in tax revenue and the surrounding economy. not a amazon fan but money and jobs are a good thing, if your not a fool. 

her green new deal was a comedy sketch. rebuild every building to be energy efficient ect ect lol. scientist and economist saw that was a joke and blew it off what kind of idiot would remake the economy while a bunch of uncertainty in a...global...shutdown...has...yet....to...recov..oh riiight.

of coarse she's been on the side of villianizing police and abolishing prisons, laxing bail and punishments. thats worked out very well for the skyrocketing ny crime rate and countless victims that have endured tragedy in ny. i mean it the countless "victims" are the criminals according to her.  

she's pushed the established democrats to enact progressive ideas regardless of party lines like her campaign promised..just kidding, she's a fraud and routinley falls in line.

the kids in cages that she cried for! surely she is condemning them living under bridges, being left out in the desert or overpopulating...cages  during a pandemic! whats that? she changed them to "migrant facilities" now? renaming them has saved these people! god bless aoc.

a "leader" hides in a closet and lies about how she "survived" her "imminent" danger being nowhere close to it.

but she got alot of tik toker fans that enjoy her video game sessions and shes pretty good at collecting money for other peoples districts. ill give her that.

she will never see your post and is not interested in a date. its ok to acknowledge the truth about her policies. 😂😅🤣

You’re probably drunk or just a dumbass.

I don’t know if you know how to read or have comprehension on your reading ability but your take makes me think you’re illiterate.

Adding ***** jobs isn’t a good thing. Hey we would employee X amount of people, yet we won’t pay them a wage to support where they live so they need to feast on the government teet. Like are you an idiot? If you’re a Republican you’d support AOC here. Why bring in jobs and people where they will need more government support because a company can’t function without the government subsiding employees?

Dude. Just admit you don’t know how to read and move on. In the same thread post she said her abuela was fine. Just admit you didn’t read the initial posts, you jumped

on a story that was really

purely propaganda and you fell for it.

She called out how Trump admin saw funds go to Trump people. It’s probably the lasting legacy of Trump is Americans hard earned money going to Trump/Trump people. Why not call for an audit on how the funds were used? Don’t forget this was a President that thought it was ok to use a non-for-profits funds to buy Tim Tebow crap and then was told he can’t have an NFP anymore.

You're the one who didn't read it and has no reading comprehension.  I never said dear abuela wasn't doing well: I said AOC's apparently been making her live in lousy conditions waiting for the government (as always) to do something.  You then claimed her house was fine, which would make her a liar.  Neither is a good look, but that's the AOC we've all come to expect. 

As for Trump allegedly holding things up, yeah, again another tired tactic.  Why haven't the $8B in funds given last month been used to fix abuela's house?  Could it be that no matter what they give and what conditions (or lack thereof), the corruption in PR is so bad that not much help will go to those who need it?  No, it has to be Trump's fault, or at least she has to mention his name to get that dog whistle or whatever you call it out there.  Oh and the clincher was calling what's happening in PR "systemic." :rolleyes:

Edited by Doc

9 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

I don’t know if you know how to read or have comprehension on your reading ability but your take makes me think you’re illiterate.

Adding ***** jobs isn’t a good thing. Hey we would employee X amount of people, yet we won’t pay them a wage to support where they live so they need to feast on the government teet. Like are you an idiot? If you’re a Republican you’d support AOC here. Why bring in jobs and people where they will need more government support because a company can’t function without the government subsiding employees?

thats your counter argument? the jobs pay xxx and require workers get assistance to make up the difference. so its a good idea to not bring the jobs at all so people FULLY rely on gov assistance. lol

and I'm the illiterate drunk?

have a good one.

Edited by Buffarukus

24 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

thats your counter argument? the jobs pay xxx and require workers get assistance to make up the difference. so its a good idea to not bring the jobs at all so people FULLY rely on gov assistance. lol

and I'm the illiterate drunk?

have a good one.

The logical solution is to stop subsidizing corporations. No more government assistance so wages can naturally go up.

...but Republicans can't even cut the $300 BONUS from unemployment without the Democrats accusing them of starving children.

• Agree 1

Youngest female congressman is pretty hard to top. Add on her gigantic social media following , I’d say there’s probably not many people in the US who could top her resume. 

Wow.  People like her!!  That's a hell of a resume.  Good for her.  So they elected a Prom Queen.  

And you're proud of her for sponsoring or co-sponsoring nearly 700 Bills. Again good for her.  But how many have been penned into law?  Kind of like sales.  You're not judged by the number of deals you write up.  You're judged by the number of deals closed.  

4 hours ago, unbillievable said:

The logical solution is to stop subsidizing corporations. No more government assistance so wages can naturally go up.

...but Republicans can't even cut the $300 BONUS from unemployment without the Democrats accusing them of starving children.

true. another good start is unionizing these giant corporations. could be a start to offering better wages and benefits. atlanta had their offer but voted unionization down so i guess they like what amazon is offering outside of representarion, yet aoc and people on message boards declare they know whats best and advocate the job is not even offered to begin with. 

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

If  AOC and Majorie Taylor Greene put their heads together do their IQs sum to 100?  There are seriously dumb people in congressional seats. 

On 6/7/2021 at 12:32 PM, unbillievable said:

That BONUS is nearly  min wage for 40 hours per week. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not that I think this is some huge issue, but if I were going to use my family to make a political point at their expense, I’d absolutely only do so with their blessing and agreement with what I’m saying.  

Some of these politicians are ghoulish. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/7/2021 at 2:45 AM, Backintheday544 said:

The entire argument here is that government is more capable of making choices for people then they are as individuals. To bash a job because it does pay enough is amazingly short sighted and shows true economic ignorance. If no one wanted the jobs they would not apply, if there was not a market of employees Amazon would not build it, which does not even mention that Amazon has a ton of high paid jobs, you act like all the jobs are the basic warehouse jobs.

15 hours ago, SCBills said:

Not that I think this is some huge issue, but if I were going to use my family to make a political point at their expense, I’d absolutely only do so with their blessing and agreement with what I’m saying.  

Some of these politicians are ghoulish. 

As I alluded to in my original post, the purpose was just to bash Trump because they just can't quit him and need their boogie man now that things are going South for Joey.  You won't read too much about tia's bodyslam of her niece though so I guess mission accomplished.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The entire argument here is that government is more capable of making choices for people then they are as individuals. To bash a job because it does pay enough is amazingly short sighted and shows true economic ignorance. If no one wanted the jobs they would not apply, if there was not a market of employees Amazon would not build it, which does not even mention that Amazon has a ton of high paid jobs, you act like all the jobs are the basic warehouse jobs.

The idiocy is thinking that these great paying jobs are going to materialize from nothing.  Which I guess is why they want illegals to enter the country: so they do them.

On 6/12/2021 at 7:23 AM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Isn’t that kind of what is happening in our economy right now? All the crap jobs that don’t pay enough, no one is applying for and there is a major labor shortage?

Again, tell me why should the government subsidize businesses with government handouts like food stamps? For example, X place of business needs to hire someone at $10 an hour. Without the ability to hire someone at $10 an hour, the business would not be profitable. However, for someone to take a job at $10 an hour they need food stamps in order to live. So, the business is only able to survive because they can hire people at a reduced wage because that person can get food stamps to survive.

In an ideal world, we have an increase in minimum wage. We will see businesses go under that can’t support themselves without government subsidized labor, we see less people on the government dependence and we decrease taxes due to that.

46 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Isn’t that kind of what is happening in our economy right now? All the crap jobs that don’t pay enough, no one is applying for and there is a major labor shortage?

Again, tell me why should the government subsidize businesses with government handouts like food stamps? For example, X place of business needs to hire someone at $10 an hour. Without the ability to hire someone at $10 an hour, the business would not be profitable. However, for someone to take a job at $10 an hour they need food stamps in order to live. So, the business is only able to survive because they can hire people at a reduced wage because that person can get food stamps to survive.

In an ideal world, we have an increase in minimum wage. We will see businesses go under that can’t support themselves without government subsidized labor, we see less people on the government dependence and we decrease taxes due to that.

No one is applying for jobs because they can get paid not to work and not look for a job more than if they worked- that is a broken government. I can't argue with the stupidity that argues govt must subsidize people's lifestyles and then complain the companies don't pay enough. The problem is govt and peoples choices, not the business. I had to move from Buffalo to Florida to find a good job. I had to leave my extended family for us to find jobs. That move made us about 50k extra in the first 12 months and more since, but life in America gives you choices all the time, when you blame others for your crap choices you are a liberal 

Edited by Buffalo Timmy