Jevon Holland S/CB Oregon...would love to see him in the Bills secondary next year.

Opted out of last season due to Covid, which might slide him down to the late second/early third round area.

He seems like a real Swiss-Army Knife type player for the secondary this season, and an eventual Micah Hyde replacement in the future.

Pending on who is on the board at the time, I would like to see the Bills grab him at 61, or trade back from 61 a few spots, pick up an extra pick, then draft Holland.

Any thoughts on if he is a McBeane type player, or a good fit for the D??

Jevon Holland brings talent, capitalized by stellar instincts

There is some concern surrounding Jevon Holland’s 2021 NFL Draft projection. Some are torn on whether he’ll play safety or slot cornerback at the NFL level. While this obscurity is a weakness to some, it can also be a strength. Holland has the versatility to play both safety and slot cornerback. He also possesses the skill set to carry that versatility into the NFL.

Holland is an intriguing athlete. He doesn’t appear to have any one dominant trait, but he’s solid overall. Holland has good speed and explosiveness, and although his agility more resembles effort agility and game pace than actual athletic looseness, he has the ability to change directions with relative ease.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I'm sure the resident TBD draft experts will weigh in, but I, for one, absolutely believe he would be a great fit for the Bills and a real asset to our defense.

As you stated, he has positional versatility, and can play a traditional safety role or capably take snaps as a big nickel/slot defender. He has even shown skill as a punt returner. Prior to opting out of the 2020 season, he was a turnover machine at Oregon. NFL.com lists his player comp as Jordan Poyer.

The only problem with Holland is that I believe 30 is too high to pick him, and he won't still be on the board at 61. He seems to fall in that 35-55 range. Unless the Bills trade back, I don't see how they can draft him. Furthermore, with Poyer and Hyde having both recently been extended, I'm not sure they'd view at as a worthy use of resources.

I like the player a lot, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Special K said:

Opted out of last season due to Covid, which might slide him down to the late second/early third round area.

He seems like a real Swiss-Army Knife type player for the secondary this season, and an eventual Micah Hyde replacement in the future.

Pending on who is on the board at the time, I would like to see the Bills grab him at 61, or trade back from 61 a few spots, pick up an extra pick, then draft Holland.

Any thoughts on if he is a McBeane type player, or a good fit for the D??

Jevon Holland brings talent, capitalized by stellar instincts

There is some concern surrounding Jevon Holland’s 2021 NFL Draft projection. Some are torn on whether he’ll play safety or slot cornerback at the NFL level. While this obscurity is a weakness to some, it can also be a strength. Holland has the versatility to play both safety and slot cornerback. He also possesses the skill set to carry that versatility into the NFL.

Holland is an intriguing athlete. He doesn’t appear to have any one dominant trait, but he’s solid overall. Holland has good speed and explosiveness, and although his agility more resembles effort agility and game pace than actual athletic looseness, he has the ability to change directions with relative ease.

Sounds like Micah Hyde (https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2013mhyde.php) and Jordan Poyer (Zierlein reference https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jevon-holland/3200484f-4c13-1928-b996-94eefba2d73c) scouting reports.

I'll be VERY surprised if he's there at our 2nd round pick, but I love this kid (Duck homer, if my name didn't give it away), but he's a DOG.

Plus coverage guy but he's fearless and sound in supporting the run game. One of those guys who has a knack for making the big play when you need it -- very much like Tyron Matthieu in that way.

I'd love this pick.

• Agree 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Eh... don't know much about him but don't feel great about using a first rounder on a slot corner/FS. 

No, I agree. Not really advocating for that, I just think he probably goes in the 40s... If he fell to us in the 2nd, would be amazing...

2 hours ago, glazeduck said:

No, I agree. Not really advocating for that, I just think he probably goes in the 40s... If he fell to us in the 2nd, would be amazing...

The site I was looking at had him between pick 50 and 70...maybe that was old info, but if he is there at 61, I say go for it!

1 minute ago, Special K said:

The site I was looking at had him between pick 50 and 70...maybe that was old info, but if he is there at 61, I say go for it!

Depends on what the board looks like, but I definitely think he’d quickly become a fan favorite 

I've seen him play a lot, in person a few times. He has great instincts and makes a lot of plays on the ball.

Exciting to watch and can make game changing plays. I'm not sure where he is projected but would be psyched if the Bills got him.

He seems to have decent skills.  He ran a 4.7 in the 40 so a little slow, but that’s not everything.  He’s not really big enough for a Big Nickel Safety.

As a side note, I can see Beane taking one of the better CB’s in the draft as I don’t see any Edge Rushers even close to being there or worth trading up for one.  

12 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

He seems to have decent skills.  He ran a 4.7 in the 40 so a little slow, but that’s not everything.  He’s not really big enough for a Big Nickel Safety.

As a side note, I can see Beane taking one of the better CB’s in the draft as I don’t see any Edge Rushers even close to being there or worth trading up for one.  

When did Holland run a 4.7?  If true, that would take him off my board.  It means he definitely can’t play CB in the league.