Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Of course not, but why let any intelligent thought get in the way of good tweet?

With Google and the ability to get answers to any question it blows my mind that people are too lazy to do their own research and believe any ***** Twit For Brains post they read. 

On 4/2/2022 at 9:15 AM, Buffalo Timmy said:

One of my friends has become a no go zone for politics and gets very upset whenever I mention anything political which was not this way 2 years ago. She was the definition of a never Trumper though was pretty moderate overlap, just hated Trump. I believe her reactions are based along the lines of " it is easy to forgive someone for being wrong, it is difficult to forgive someone for being right". She is an highly intelligent person who was very wrong and does not want to be reminded of it since she can't defend it. 

How convenient for her.  So it was alright to talk politics when Trump was in office, but now that she realizes what a shitshow Joey has been, she can't be bothered to hear what a huge mistake she made voting for him?  That's when you should stick it to her even more.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

How convenient for her.  So it was alright to talk politics when Trump was in office, but now that she realizes what a shitshow Joey has been, she can't be bothered to hear what a huge mistake she made voting for him?  That's when you should stick it to her even more.

Your not wrong but I am going with the idea you get more traction with kindness. Truly she is a good person and knows she screwed up, just doesn't want it pointed out.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/9/2022 at 6:00 AM, Buffalo Timmy said:

Your not wrong but I am going with the idea you get more traction with kindness. Truly she is a good person and knows she screwed up, just doesn't want it pointed out.

The first step in recovery………

ATLANTA — Governor Brian Kemp has issued a State of Emergency aimed at supply chain issues. The executive order goes into effect Saturday.

"Despite the state's successful mitigation of the public health impacts of COVID-19, Georgia's supply chain has yet to fully recover and is still experiencing severe disruptions," reads the state leader's executive order. 

Under this executive order, the governor said price gouging related to the goods and services needed to respond to this State of Emergency, such as motor or diesel fuel, would be "detrimental" and is prohibited. 

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/politics/governor-brian-kemp-state-of-emergency-supply-chain-disruptions/85-b9f352e3-c2dc-40d2-9a25-6db2ef0c9ef1

*****'s gonna get real.

Clarence Thomas Is Back at the Supreme Court

Townhall, by Katie Pavlich

Justice Clarence Thomas is back at the Supreme Court after a recent, week-long stay in the hospital. [Tweet] On March 20, the Court revealed Thomas was admitted for flu-like symptoms and an infection. "Justice Clarence Thomas was admitted to Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, D.C., on Friday evening after experiencing flu-like symptoms. He underwent tests, was diagnosed with an infection, and is being treated with intravenous antibiotics. His symptoms are abating, he is resting comfortably, and he expects to be released from the hospital in a day or two. Justice Thomas will participate in the consideration and discussion of any cases for which he is not present

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2022/04/18/clarence-thomas-is-back-at-the-supreme-court-n2606005

Since no one has started a thread that lists President Biden's accomplishments  (I went back 11 pages) 

I guess that I will throw this here.

I'm not sure who really approved this, but it is the right thing to do.

Biden to save financially distressed nuclear plants

ed0efa8e-1b45-4952-b934-aa9281429082-860

https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2022/04/20/biden-to-save-financially-distressed-nuclear-plants-n463534

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And that's due to them, not Desantis

Disney Is the Worst Performing Dow Jones Stock of the Past Year,Plummeting More than 30 Percent

I live an hour away and haven't been in over 20 years... Busch Gardens is 25 minutes away and a much better bang for your buck, plus you can leave the park and go eat what you packed or hit a local restaurant. Every damn thing at Disney is over priced, no matter what you want to do... and the way things are now (thank you very little joe) people are trying to cut back as much as they can. Here is one example:   https://disney.urbantastebud.com/how-much-does-food-cost-at-disney-world/

43 minutes ago, B-Man said:

And that's due to them, not Desantis

Disney Is the Worst Performing Dow Jones Stock of the Past Year,Plummeting More than 30 Percent

Interesting.  What happened in Nov/Dec to make it plummet like that?

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Interesting.  What happened in Nov/Dec to make it plummet like that?

Why did Disney stock go down November 2021?
Disney's fourth quarter 2021 results disappointed investors, and its stock is falling. The decline was primarily due to slow growth in subscriber numbers for Disney Plus, its streaming service. Revenue for the company's other divisions improved compared to the same time last year.

Is Disney losing money with Disney Plus?
A variety of costs (content production, marketing, technology infrastructure) contributed to losses of roughly $600 million for Disney's streaming unit; losses totaled $400 million in the same quarter a year ago.       Nov 10, 2021

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure where to stick this but this article details an event that occurs daily in our city schools and literally there is almost no reaction if the student who is the bully is a minority. 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/indian-american-student-choked-peer-000617630.html

One other point is that most likely the bully is protected by the federal government because of a diagnosed "disability" which means he can only be suspended so many days a year unless he does something that requires police.