Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

"Sirhan Sirhan, convicted of Robert F. Kennedy assassination, seeks parole with no opposition from prosecutors/Attorneys say that 53 years behind bars is sufficient punishment for the 77-year-old; Kennedy family declines to weigh in."

The Washington Post reports. https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/08/25/sirhan-parole-hearing/

Newly elected Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón told The Washington Post shortly before his inauguration in December that he was creating a sentencing review unit to revisit the cases of about 20,000 prisoners for possible resentencing, analyzing both the fairness of long sentences and the cost savings for releasing low-risk or older inmates.... 

In Sirhan’s case, Gascón’s office is remaining neutral....Kennedy is survived by his wife, Ethel Kennedy, and nine children, many of whom declined to comment....

Ethel Kennedy is still alive. She's 93 and has never remarried. Robert F. Kennedy Jr. for some reason has come to believe that Sirhan was not the killer, and he's met with Sirhan and told him so.

Under California law in effect in 1968, a life sentence with parole would have made Sirhan eligible for release after seven years. He has had no disciplinary violations since 1972, and although he claims not to remember the act of shooting Kennedy, he has expressed remorse in parole hearings since the 1980s.... 

What high-school history books teach about 9/11

Author gives description of the 911 account from the 5 most used school books, see at link

FTA:

These five books are on the whole disappointing in their treatments of one of the defining moments in post-World War Two American and world history. They are factually accurate but estranged from the meaning of what happened — the meaning for the terrorists but even more so the meaning for Americans. With the exception of Warner, these history textbooks minimize the events of that day, not by understating the body count, but by portraying the attacks as just something that happened. To the extent those events have importance in the eyes of these instructors, it arose from the ‘War on Terror’ that followed.

Do these books represent the best we can do in teaching children born after 9/11 what that catastrophe meant and still means to Americans? Or do they represent an antiseptic effort to push 9/11 into a past, quarantined from our present discontents? Today our schools and all too many of our teachers are head-over-heels in the effort to teach 1619, anti-racism and America as wall-to-wall oppression. Their ideology is a distant cousin, but a cousin nonetheless, of those who 20 years ago sought to destroy the symbols of American pride. Without exactly denying what happened on 9/11, many teachers using these textbooks and others like them seem to be on track to turning that history into dust.

https://spectatorworld.com/topic/high-school-history-books-teach-about-9-11/

On Wednesday, U.S. gymnasts testified before a Senate committee and blasted the USOPC, DOJ and the FBI for enabling serial sexual predator Larry Nassar.

The FBI has gotten plenty of criticism this week, but Drew Holden has pointed out something they got right:

On 9/17/2021 at 2:02 PM, B-Man said:

One Down, Ohio Republican Who Voted to Impeach President Trump Announces He Will Not Seek Re-Election 

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/blog/2021/09/17/one-down-ohio-republican-who-voted-to-impeach-president-trump-announces-he-will-not-seek-re-election-as-trump-backed-challenger-positioned-to-win/

Anthony Gonzalez (OH-16) was one of the ten House republicans (pictured above) who voted to impeach President Trump. As President Trump announced his support for Gonzalez’s challenger, Max Miller, former House Speaker John Boehner went to Ohio to support Gonzalez. Apparently the support of Paul Ryan and John Boehner was not enough to help. Max Miller was in position to primary Gonzalez. Tonight, Gonzalez conceded his seat:

Mess with the bull, you get the horns.  

10 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Trump has been gone for 8 months, and most people rarely think of him but keep discussing him, it makes you seem rational.

The left's obsession and refusal to move on from Trump is driven by the fact he is one of the few people they attack that has simply refused to submit and comply with their program while he openly criticizes and mocks them.  This concerns them because they rule through fear and intimidation but that has no impact on him.  They have no power other than what they derive from people they can intimidate.  

What concerns the Marxists is a single dissenter to their agenda and beliefs will embolden others to take a stand.  When that happens en mass the party is over for them.  Once people decide enough is enough and they figuratively and literally start punching them in the face they'll fold like a cheap suit.  At heart, the majority are gutless coward who will never stand up and do their own dirty work.  They support things like mandates but prefer somebody else pins their target to the ground and injects them and does the dirty work so they can stay clean and woke. 

So don't take their crap.  What these idiots cannot comprehend is nobody cares whether or not Trump is bad or immoral or unethical or a crook.  The only thing that matters is he won't take their crap.  he gives it right back.  This drives the left insane.  There's even a name for it Trump Derangement Syndrome.  They can post or say or do anything about him.  Nobody cares.     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The left's obsession and refusal to move on from Trump is driven by the fact he is one of the few people they attack that has simply refused to submit and comply with their program while he openly criticizes and mocks them.  This concerns them because they rule through fear and intimidation but that has no impact on him.  They have no power other than what they derive from people they can intimidate.  

What concerns the Marxists is a single dissenter to their agenda and beliefs will embolden others to take a stand.  When that happens en mass the party is over for them.  Once people decide enough is enough and they figuratively and literally start punching them in the face they'll fold like a cheap suit.  At heart, the majority are gutless coward who will never stand up and do their own dirty work.  They support things like mandates but prefer somebody else pins their target to the ground and injects them and does the dirty work so they can stay clean and woke. 

So don't take their crap.  What these idiots cannot comprehend is nobody cares whether or not Trump is bad or immoral or unethical or a crook.  The only thing that matters is he won't take their crap.  he gives it right back.  This drives the left insane.  There's even a name for it Trump Derangement Syndrome.  They can post or say or do anything about him.  Nobody cares.     

I think its more that Trump is their greatest fund raising tool since Newt Gingrich.

Edited by reddogblitz

So "activists"  have begun to do what they do best.  Harassment, along with telling the usual sob stories portraying themselves as victims.  A well established routine.  Going after Senators Sinema and Manchin over their opposition to the $3.5T infrastructure bill.  Apparently neither has succumbed to the pressure. 

Not that there's a big chance of this happening but here's a funny scenario.  What if one or both tire of the drama and harassment that causes their existence in the Democratic party to be unlivable and they decide to switch parties?  The Senate goes to 52-48, all committee chairs are replaced, and the Senate blocks Biden's agenda until the 2022 election?  How much chaos would that produce as the left would simply go out of their minds?  

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So "activists"  have begun to do what they do best.  Harassment, along with telling the usual sob stories portraying themselves as victims.  A well established routine.  Going after Senators Sinema and Manchin over their opposition to the $3.5T infrastructure bill.  Apparently neither has succumbed to the pressure. 

Not that there's a big chance of this happening but here's a funny scenario.  What if one or both tire of the drama and harassment that causes their existence in the Democratic party to be unlivable and they decide to switch parties?  The Senate goes to 52-48, all committee chairs are replaced, and the Senate blocks Biden's agenda until the 2022 election?  How much chaos would that produce as the left would simply go out of their minds?  

Oh, I dunno - let's look at what the cult has done to Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger? Or the others that voted to impeach Jesus Trump?

Or better yet - when the cult didn't get their own way - dearest leader planned and executed an insurrection on 1/6 and still keeps pushing the Big Lie - getting his cult leaders at the state level to push for sham audits - just to throw doubt and undermine the bedrock of our democratic republic - just so he can and will be reinstated as the authoritarian cult leader you freaks keep pushing and advocating for...

Keep trying

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh, I dunno - let's look at what the cult has done to Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger? Or the others that voted to impeach Jesus Trump?

Or better yet - when the cult didn't get their own way - dearest leader planned and executed an insurrection on 1/6 and still keeps pushing the Big Lie - getting his cult leaders at the state level to push for sham audits - just to throw doubt and undermine the bedrock of our democratic republic - just so he can and will be reinstated as the authoritarian cult leader you freaks keep pushing and advocating for...

Keep trying

Sure, let's sight two cases of the right vs. 1000's of incidents of harassment from the left.  And let's call that even.

I'll be honest I have no idea who Kinzinger is or anything about the guy.  I guess I somehow let my "cult" membership expire and didn't get that e-mail or message from the cult HQ.  I think it now costs $50 a year and with that you get a free hat and a subscription to the monthly newsletter plus invites to special events.  At least that's the delusion you seem to believe.   

But doesn't get their way?  Like the left does by threatening people if they don't comply?  Like Maxine Waters said "get in their faces".  If patriots and freedom fighters would show up and harass leftist officials we'd be seeing all kinds of stories about "white supremacist" threats of violence.  Like school boards now complaining about "terrorist parents" challenging their authority to impose their will on the children of others.  Or "the crew" getting called out on their anti-American positions and then saying they "feel" threatened.  The media prostitutes put out the narrative but the harassment you claim is non-existent.

But my original contention on switching parties is funny, right?  Admit it.  If that happened you'd blow a gasket and launch yourself into a tizzy. 

Keep trying?  You too..   

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

18 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Sure, let's sight two cases of the right vs. 1000's of incidents of harassment from the left.  And let's call that even.

I'll be honest I have no idea who Kinzinger is or anything about the guy.  I guess I somehow let my "cult" membership expire and didn't get that e-mail or message from the cult HQ.  I think it now costs $50 a year and with that you get a free hat and a subscription to the monthly newsletter plus invites to special events.  At least that's the delusion you seem to believe.   

But doesn't get their way?  Like the left does by threatening people if they don't comply?  Like Maxine Waters said "get in their faces".  If patriots and freedom fighters would show up and harass leftist officials we'd be seeing all kinds of stories about "white supremacist" threats of violence.  Like school boards now complaining about "terrorist parents" challenging their authority to impose their will on the children of others.  Or "the crew" getting called out on their anti-American positions and then saying they "feel" threatened.  The media prostitutes put out the narrative but the harassment you claim is non-existent.

But my original contention on switching parties is funny, right?  Admit it.  If that happened you'd blow a gasket and launch yourself into a tizzy. 

Keep trying?  You too..   

Follow the money bro - follow the money.  Who is funding the latest up-rise by the cult to terrorize school boards?  CRT?  Follow the money.