Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

Please listen (only 60 seconds) and remember when PP supporters claim that they are mostly "Women's Health"

On 3/23/2021 at 3:17 PM, Doc Brown said:

Yet it's been a goal of Republicans to defund planned parenthood despite most of their money being spent on education, contraceptives, and woman's health.  Especially in poor communities.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Please listen (only 60 seconds) and remember when PP supporters claim that they are mostly "Women's Health"

Not many planned parenthood centers provide the full range of prenatal care services.  Just the bare minimum like first trimester ultrasounds like the girl said on the phone.  I'm not sure what she's trying to prove.  Here's what they say about prenatal care on their website....

Screenshot 2021-05-08 2.40.29 PM.png

• Eyeroll 1

19 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Not many planned parenthood centers provide the full range of prenatal care services.  Just the bare minimum like first trimester ultrasounds like the girl said on the phone.  I'm not sure what she's trying to prove.  Here's what they say about prenatal care on their website....

Screenshot 2021-05-08 2.40.29 PM.png

Ummm...she's trying to disprove your point you made, and quoted just above you, is false.  :rolleyes:

I am not sure how to frame this so I hope it goes in a good direction: when is government too authoritarian? Where do you draw the line and realize a bridge has been crossed that is truly scary? For me it is the arrest of the pastors in Canada for allowing people to come to their church. That is truly authoritarian and it is evil. I  am curious if anyone else felt that way with another one.

KRUISER’S MORNING BRIEF: What Are Democrats So Afraid of in Maricopa County? 

“There’s been a lot of recent drama about the audit that’s been going on in Maricopa County. The Democrats have been trying to shut it down and not having much success so far. They are persistent little buggers though, and now they’re upping their game.”

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2021/05/10/the-morning-briefing-what-are-democrats-so-afraid-of-in-maricopa-county-n1445655

Oh dear. This is where people will claim that the sampling is off and should be 50/50 split R/D right guys? LMAO.

Sixty-three percent of American approve of President Biden's job performance thus far, according to an Associated Press-NORC poll released Monday, up 2 percentage points from late March.

The poll found 96 percent of Democrats, 62 percent of independents and 23 percent of Republicans surveyed approve of Biden's work in his first three full months in office.

The survey also showed Americans with a growing sense of optimism about the direction of the country, with 54 percent saying the nation is on the right track, compared to 44 percent who believe it is on the wrong track. The 54 percent mark is the highest of any AP-NORC poll response to the question since 2017.

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

“There’s been a lot of recent drama about the audit that’s been going on in Maricopa County. The Democrats have been trying to shut it down and not having much success so far. They are persistent little buggers though, and now they’re upping their game.”

https://pjmedia.com/columns/stephen-kruiser/2021/05/10/the-morning-briefing-what-are-democrats-so-afraid-of-in-maricopa-county-n1445655

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 10:32 AM, B-Man said:

Afraid of nothing.

Meanwhile:

On 5/9/2021 at 8:00 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not sure how to frame this so I hope it goes in a good direction: when is government too authoritarian? Where do you draw the line and realize a bridge has been crossed that is truly scary? For me it is the arrest of the pastors in Canada for allowing people to come to their church. That is truly authoritarian and it is evil. I  am curious if anyone else felt that way with another one.

I think it is when politicians, like Republicans, trying to shape elections so only they win. That's very wrong. Let the people decide elections, not politicians 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I think it is when politicians, like Republicans, trying to shape elections so only they win. That's very wrong. Let the people decide elections, not politicians 

I was reading that the computers that were used during the Arizona audit are probably not usable again, why is that? There is no reason they can't check the computers quickly and make sure they are fine.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I was reading that the computers that were used during the Arizona audit are probably not usable again, why is that? There is no reason they can't check the computers quickly and make sure they are fine.

Not if those ding dongs that went looking for a stolen election screwed them up or implanted something in them to screw them up. 

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Not if those ding dongs that went looking for a stolen election screwed them up or implanted something in them to screw them up. 

So you think that partisan people without confirming their actions would do something dishonest? 

London (CNN Business)The International Energy Agency, which was founded by rich industrial nations after oil shocks in the 1970s to promote secure and affordable energy supplies, says the world needs to stop drilling for oil and gas right now to prevent a climate catastrophe.

In order to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2050, the influential group said in a report Tuesday that investment in new fossil fuel supply projects must stop immediately, and no new coal-fired plants should be approved.

The dramatic recommendations are part of a detailed strategy that the IEA says would result in the world achieving the Paris climate agreement goal of limiting global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.

Why 1.5 degrees? Experts have repeatedly warned that exceeding the threshold will contribute to more extreme weather, greater sea level rise, wildfires, floods and food shortages for millions of people.

To prevent that, the IEA says these milestones must be hit:

Immediate stop to new gas and oil projects.

No new sales of fossil fuel boilers starting in 2025.

Electric vehicles make up more than 60% of car sales by 2030.

No sales of new internal combustion engine passenger cars by 2035.

The global electricity sector reaches net-zero emissions by 2040.

70% of electricity generation from solar and wind by 2050

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/18/investing/premarket-stocks-trading/index.html

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Humans produce a lot of co2 when they exhale. How do you plan on dealing with this tibs??? You obviously know this is a crises and exhale co2. You just keep doing it with reckless distain for the future. 

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Humans produce a lot of co2 when they exhale. How do you plan on dealing with this tibs??? You obviously know this is a crises and exhale co2. You just keep doing it with reckless distain for the future. 

Ha! So funny! Not. 

Kind of stupid, actually.