Jump to content

Who is the one player you DON’T want the Bills to draft @30


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Seen this sentiment several times in this thread...

 

In a vacuum I agree, but I also think this is playing with fire. The FA pool is pretty thin and/or old, and I count 6 guys in the draft who I think you can argue make an impact on this roster in the semi-immediate future, only 3 or 4 of which are more bellcow types. 

 

Additionally, you're looking at very likely the top 3 being gone by our 2nd round pick, maybe more... Just not a lot of wiggle room to get cute, or we'll end up back with Singletary and Moss, which to me is probably an even less exciting prospect than just taking Etienne or Harris in the first... 

if we take a RB in the 1st, I think that’s the front offices version of “going for it”.  Taking a RB in rd 1 likely means that we’ll have this rb for 4-5 years and he’ll be gone.  Harris or etienne would likely have a bigger impact on the 2021-2022 season than any other player we may draft.  
 

Just another way to try and win a title.  It’s not a science, there are several winning formulas 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John McCargo...

Any player that isn't a CB or RB.   Go back and look at the last 5 drafts.  DEs past the top 10 are a crapshoot.  About the same rate of success as any other round.    Every other

I don't want them to draft ANYONE at 30. I'd like them to trade down. I'd then like to see them use the accrued picks to trade around and back up a time or two, ultimately winding up with 4-5 pic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Seen this sentiment several times in this thread...

 

In a vacuum I agree, but I also think this is playing with fire. The FA pool is pretty thin and/or old, and I count 6 guys in the draft who I think you can argue make an impact on this roster in the semi-immediate future, only 3 or 4 of which are more bellcow types. 

 

Additionally, you're looking at very likely the top 3 being gone by our 2nd round pick, maybe more... Just not a lot of wiggle room to get cute, or we'll end up back with Singletary and Moss, which to me is probably an even less exciting prospect than just taking Etienne or Harris in the first... 

Oh, I'm totally fine with being back with Singletary and Moss, with the addition of Breida. I think the oline needs to be better at run blocking.

 

And we have a passing offense. Singletary and Moss both showed they were good at pass blocking last year.

  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NewEra said:

if we take a RB in the 1st, I think that’s the front offices version of “going for it”.  Taking a RB in rd 1 likely means that we’ll have this rb for 4-5 years and he’ll be gone.  Harris or etienne would likely have a bigger impact on the 2021-2022 season than any other player we may draft.  
 

Just another way to try and win a title.  It’s not a science, there are several winning formulas 

Right. Get cute and end up having to reach on Trey Sermon in the second or wind up empty handed (in terms of getting an impact guy) or just bite the bullet, take the RB and figure out how to make the rest of your picks as impactful as possible. That's how I'm starting to look at it.


would be curious to know how available Josh Jacobs is/isn't...

 

Otherwise we're probably looking at a committee that includes Todd Gurley's hobbling corpse as our next-best-case scenario...

Just now, MJS said:

Oh, I'm totally fine with being back with Singletary and Moss, with the addition of Breida. I think the oline needs to be better at run blocking.

 

And we have a passing offense. Singletary and Moss both showed they were good at pass blocking last year.

Woof, you're a braver man (or woman) than I...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Woof, you're a braver man (or woman) than I...

Prepare to be disappointed. I have a feeling McDermott and Beane are not going to give up premium assets for a running back.

 

But I could be wrong. We'll see what happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MJS said:

Prepare to be disappointed. I have a feeling McDermott and Beane are not going to give up premium assets for a running back.

 

But I could be wrong. We'll see what happens.

To be clear, I'm not necessarily *FOR* taking a RB early, I just only see so many avenues to improving the position at this point. I've seen all I need to from Singletary to know that he's not it. I saw plenty of Moss in college and now he's coming back from a pretty major injury? I'm skeptical there too. Breida's certainly worth hoping for, but he's not the kinda guy you look at and say "yea, problem solved"...

 

I dunno, there's a lot of different directions I'd rather go than Etienne or Harris at 30, but it does feel like we're starting to get a little cornered at that position. And they made it clear that we need to run the ball better, so something's gotta give. They're running back essentially the same OL from last year, so we'll see. Hard for me to imagine at this point that Cody Ford at a new position is the difference maker in the equation...

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Right. Get cute and end up having to reach on Trey Sermon in the second or wind up empty handed (in terms of getting an impact guy) or just bite the bullet, take the RB and figure out how to make the rest of your picks as impactful as possible. That's how I'm starting to look at it.


would be curious to know how available Josh Jacobs is/isn't...

 

Otherwise we're probably looking at a committee that includes Todd Gurley's hobbling corpse as our next-best-case scenario...

Woof, you're a braver man (or woman) than I...

The more I think about it, the Jets or fins will likely pass on rb rd 1 and take Javonte Williams in rd 2.  Or etienne or Harris if they’re still available 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rico said:

Justin Fields or anyone from Penn State.

 

Including Parsons? Who I think is probably the best LB prospect that the draft has seen in the past decade?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DJB said:

 

Including Parsons? Who I think is probably the best LB prospect that the draft has seen in the past decade?

Not a one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hjnick said:

No RB, Punter, Kicker, QB, or Safety.

 

I’d be ok with LB, OT, G, WR, DT.

 

Want: CB, DE if we pick.

 

Really want: Trade down 

I Really want  a good player who will contribute DONT care if we trade up or down 

4 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

    Four years ago, a bunch would have  said Josh Allen.....🤔

Yah I was one of those screaming ESPECIALLY right before the pick PLEASE let it be Josh Allen !! And have been LOl by all the Josh Rosen fans 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

as long as it’s not a kicker, punter, long snapper, or quarterback, I’m good.

I would like a DE , CB , WR , G 

i have a feeling will adress all those positions in which rounds I guess will depend on the board , but it would surprise me if we take a WR in the 1st 

Edited by Putin
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Putin said:

I would like a DE , CB , WR , G 

i have a feeling will adress all those positions in which rounds I guess will depend on the board , but it would surprise me if we take a WR in the 1st 

if a WR happens to be the best player on the board when #30 rolls around, I bet Beane grabs him.   Would definitely be a “rich get richer” scenario for our offense!

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills are on the clock on Path to the Draft. Bucky Brooks took CB Greg Newsome from northwestern at 30. DJ took LB Derrick Barnes from Purdue at 61. Bucky took TE Brevin Jordan from Miami at 93. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...