TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

Just now, frostbitmic said:

Saints need a lot, I almost went with Barmore there but I think Collins can be a 3 down LB. They also start a couple of AARP members in their secondary with a 33 yr old CB and Safety. Next round maybe.

I like the pick. He and Damario Davis make a nice combo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

For instance, Lance Zeirline at NFL.com had Tyson Campbell from Georgia as one of his top 5 CB’s. I like Campbell, and i usually trust LZ, but most everyone else has him at like 10th CB. 

I have him as #5 too. 

EDIT: Not sure how people have suddenly propelled Stokes over him. 

Edited by GunnerBill

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the 29th pick in the draft The Green Bay Packers select

Christian Barmore iDL, Alabama 

Paired with Kenny Clark and the Smith's we will have a penetrating front 4 with strong pressure up the middle. While we still need help at WR and CB, the depth at the part of the draft and the players on our board, Barmore stands out.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock
3 hours ago, Virgil said:

You may have just angered some Bills fans 

quite likely, myself included! 

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@Reed83HOF @YoloinOhio @whatdrought

Who you got for BPA?  I’m going to make the poll shortly 

perhaps Gil Brant's top 100 as a guide: https://www.nfl.com/news/gil-brandt-s-hot-100-1-0-top-prospects-in-2021-nfl-draft-class

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

From what I read on TBD:

WR: Toney, Bateman, Moore

RB: Harris, Etienne

TE: Freiermuth

OT: Mayfield

OG: Davis

DE: Phillips, Oweh, Ossai, Basham

LB: Owusu-Koramoah

CB: Stokes, Samuel

I know that is too much overall but all these guys were discussed a lot (except maybe Bateman/JOK who were mocked higher). I know it will not happen, but I suggest to make position poll (with these or other names in brackets), and then make player poll (if there are more reasonable players at that position).

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just looking at the picks so far I think this draft is pretty clearly a draft with around 18/20 consensus players. The first half of the first round is pretty settled. Of the first 19 picks the only one that ranked as a reach against my current board was Mac Jones who went at #15 and I have currently ranked at #32 - which as a reach for a Quarterback is a pretty understandable and normal sort of move. However, from pick 20 on the player rankings by my current board are:

20 - #46

21 - #41

22 - #18

23 - #52

24 - #55

25 - #16

26 - #51

27 - #42

28 - #25

I don't say any of that to have a dig at any of the guys as GMs for those teams. I'd be pretty surprised if Chazz Surratt or Javonta Williams ended up as first round picks but I think all of the guys people have taken in those spots have at least some chance to be first rounders. Rather, my point is when people ask me the question - as they seem to every year - "there are 32 picks in round 1 how can you say you only have 17 or 18 first round grades?" my answer is because there is a clear drop off in talent. There is a group of guys in every draft who are absolutely clear first round talents and are generally, especially for non-QBs, pretty scheme agnostic..... in a really good year that number is low 20s... most years it's high teens. 

The next group of players that comes after that generally there is a lot more divergence not just from amateur graders like me or the network talking heads but from teams too. I take someone like Asante Samuel who I discussed elsewhere earlier as an example. I imagine he is a lot higher on Tampa's board than on Buffalo's. It becomes very much about scheme and fit. Same with someone like Jayson Oweh from Penn State - great testing numbers at his pro day but there will still be 4 man front teams who look at him and conclude "too small to be an every down player" and drop him down the board because of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

From what I read on TBD:

WR Toney, Bateman, Moore

RB Harris, Etienne

I know that is too much overall but all these guys were discussed a lot (except maybe Bateman/JOK who were mocked higher). I know it will not happen, but I suggest to make position poll (with these or other names in brackets), and then make player poll (if there are more reasonable players at that position).

Toney is interesting, I think he could be great for GB, but he seems a little to busty for my likes for a team that needs to not miss

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have him as #5 too. 

EDIT: Not sure how people have suddenly propelled Stokes over him. 

Especially for our D.  Speed, height and length galore.  If Newsome is gone I could see us drafting him @30.  He’s really the only other corner out of the top 4 that I could see Beane selecting @30.  He certainly won’t be there @ 62 and might get snagged if we trade back a few spots to acquire an additional pick while grabbing the best CB available 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

JOK is sticking out so far on my board that I almost feel like a poll is offensive 😛

The top 5 BPA by my board FWIW is:

1. JOK

2. Christian Barmore

3. Kadarius Toney

4. Alex Leatherwood

5. Travis Etienne

34 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If you wanted to put down 5:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Kadarius Toney

Travis Etienne

Najee Harris

Jaelan Phillips 

I think those are the 5 consensus best players available.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If you wanted to put down 5:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Kadarious Toney

Travis Etienne

Najee Harris

Jaelan Phillips 

I think those are the 5 consensus best players available.

I’m going to do a top 10.  Top 2 at stated positions or interest 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

JOK is sticking out so far on my board that I almost feel like a poll is offensive 😛

1. JOK

2. Christian Barmore

3. Kadarius Toney

4. Alex Leatherwood

5. Travis Etienne

Barmore was picked at 29.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Toney is interesting, I think he could be great for GB, but he seems a little to busty for my likes for a team that needs to not miss

I only wanted to help Virgil to list players in my post, I didn't express any opinions.

But I find it interesting that I think completely the opposite. I think we are exactly that team who should take risks and draft high ceiling guys.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

1. JOK

2. Christian Barmore

3. Kadarius Toney

4. Alex Leatherwood

5. Travis Etienne

Barmore plays for Packers already.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1. JOK

2. Christian Barmore

3. Kadarius Toney

4. Alex Leatherwood

5. Travis Etienne

McD would be salivating to finally get his Big Nickel.

@Virgil

Last year when Hokie was running the spreadsheet for the trades mock I gave him my top 100 players list as well that he included alongside Matt Miller and possibly DJ and someone else. It is by no means a finished article at this point but I can let you have it where it is for the trades one if people would find helpful. 

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

I only wanted to help Virgil to list players in my post, I didn't express any opinions.

But I find it interesting that I think completely the opposite. I think we are exactly that team who should take risks and draft high ceiling guys.

Barmore plays for Packers already.

Oh I wasn't implying you were. I just wanted to toss out to the forum that I considered him and he could be a fit there. THE Packers did nothing in the draft last year to help Rodgers, hence my comment they need a player who has less of a bust chance.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

From what I read on TBD:

WR: Toney, Bateman, Moore

RB: Harris, Etienne

Good list:

i don’t see Basham, Moore, Samuel as in play.

I’d add leatherwood and Tyson Campbell 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

JOK would be my pick in a no trade down situation.  BPA and is so versatile.  Might be a strange fit but we’d have to get creative and switch things up.....which is exactly what we need on D

Toney and Phillips would be a coin toss for next best pick Imo

Edited by NewEra

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m going to do a top 10.  Top 2 at stated positions or interest 

In that case I'd look at the top 2 at WR, O-line, CB, RB, LB, and edge rusher. I know that would be top 12 instead of 10 but any one of those positions is in play.

And my list would look like this:

O-line - Landon Dickerson, Jalen Mayfield (some would put Alex Leatherwood instead of Mayfield)

WR - Kadarius Toney, Rashod Bateman

CB - Tyson Campbell, Eric Stokes

RB - Travis Etienne, Najee Harris

LB - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Baron Browning

Edge rusher - Jaelan Phillips, Joseph Ossai

Although to Gunner's point if the board falls like this I'll be shocked if the pick is anybody other than Owusu-Koramoah.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Good list:

i don’t see Basham, Moore, Samuel as in play.

I’d add leatherwood and Tyson Campbell 

I mentioned Moore since he gets mocked to us a lot in Mock Draft SImulator thread IIRC (presumably because Toney is not available already). Basham has some strong supporters here too :) Samuel was mocked to us in at least two different mock from talking heads I think.

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I mentioned Moore since he gets mocked to us a lot in Mock Draft SImulator thread IIRC (presumably because Toney is not available already). Basham has some strong supporters here too :) Samuel was mocked to us in at least two different mock from talking heads I think.

Any talking heads mocking Asante to us are lazy. He is a man only corner. The Bills play zone. I'd be stunned and I mean stunned if he is the Bills pick at #30. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

right, toney is available....so moore is a no

Basham isn’t even close to being the best pass rushing DE available....and that’s what we need.  Pass rush

samuel jr is a man corner and we rarely

play man, while Stokes and Campbell are much better suited for the D that we play.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

right, toney is available....so moore is a no

Basham isn’t even close to being the best pass rushing DE available....and that’s what we need.  Pass rush

samuel jr is a man corner and we rarely

play man, while Stokes and Campbell are much better suited for the D that we play.

Campbell and Joseph are my next two corners and I think both are good fits. 

Just now, NeverOutNick said:

I’d make a bet that if both have healthy careers Moore has the more successful one over Toney. Kid has something special kind of like a Percy Harvin or Tyreke Hill lite

Percy Harvin had something special? Really? I must have missed that day. One of the most overrated players I have ever seen in the NFL. How many 1,000 yard receiving seasons did he have? It is a very round number. 

Rondale Moore does have talent, and he does have speed.... but he has also played 7 games over the last two years. Whether he is even capable of being the guy he was as a freshman at this point is a question mark. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Any talking heads mocking Asante to us are lazy. He is a man only corner. The Bills play zone. I'd be stunned and I mean stunned if he is the Bills pick at #30. 

I didn't include him.  He wasn't even close to BPA at his position for our selection

• Agree 1