Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We are in a proxy war. If the aid Ukraine stops flowing, Russia takes them.

If Russia takes them, they are right on a NATO border with no signs of stopping

Do you want to spend a little bit of money now to prevent us getting into a full scale war later look at the bigger picture

You clearly have no idea why the Ukraine Russian conflict even started.  None whatsoever.  Keep believing the BS you listen to on Legacy Media.  And don't forget to vote for war, John.  

4 minutes ago, phypon said:

It's apparent to everyone that your posts are becoming more "stupider".

Disagree. Same level of stupid going back to when he was claiming churches were displaying Nazi flags. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

A vote to help ukraine is a vote for not war God are you stupid

Are you kidding me??  Did you really just say that??  In your mind, a vote to fund a war is not a vote for war??  Good lord!  Please go read 1984, note Orwell's mention of "Newspeak".  Another option is, let's get to a peace treaty negotiations table and put a stop to killing people.  Has that ever crossed your mind, John??

55 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We are in a proxy war. If the aid Ukraine stops flowing, Russia takes them.

If Russia takes them, they are right on a NATO border with no signs of stopping

Do you want to spend a little bit of money now to prevent us getting into a full scale war later look at the bigger picture

Putin can't even beat a corrupt country that's getting minor assistance from the rest of the World.  How do you guys think Putin's going to be able to invade a NATO country that will have full backing and resources of NATO members?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, B-Man said:

What a mess.  Third Term Obammy directed Demented Biden to open the border.  At what point do we start feeling sorry for the old *****?  He's only a facade.  Feel sorry for everyone who got lied to when they voted for Demented Biden and got Third Term Obammy instead.  You got fooled.  Tricked.  You must feel pretty ***** dumb.  What a mess.    

Hey quick note, remember when the situation at the border was so bad that the only way to pass Ukraine and Israel aid was to package them together? And for Democrats to give up pretty much everything that Republicans wanted?

How'd that go again? Right.

https://apnews.com/article/congress-ukraine-aid-border-security-386dcc54b29a5491f8bd87b727a284f8

It's a problem so terrible that Biden is asleep at the wheel and Dems are out of touch and we NEED funding, but now that they could get the funding it's something the presidency can handle all on its own.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/02/06/gop-says-biden-has-all-power-he-needs-control-border-reality-far-more-complicated.html

There was money for the wall in there man. Liberals were screaming about how their leaders were selling them out for a political stunt. And then Republicans were the dog that caught the car and had no idea what to do next because they realized they have nothing to run on other then SCAAARRRRRRY Brown People.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

nothing to run on other then SCAAARRRRRRY Brown People.

Thank you for outing yourself as someone unable to express yourself soberly. 

I imagine you believe that if the millions of immigrants crashing the border and straining resources all over the nation were white Euros, everyone would just look away. Childish thinking in the extreme. Hardly surprising though. Without manufacturing racism you probably don’t have much to hang your hat on. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JDHillFan said:

Thank you for outing yourself as someone unable to express yourself soberly. 

I imagine you believe that if the millions of immigrants crashing the border and straining resources all over the nation were white Euros, everyone would just look away. Childish thinking in the extreme. Hardly surprising though. Without manufacturing racism you probably don’t have much to hang your hat on. 

OK. You want serious:

The border situation is broken. It's been broken for a long time. Stopgaps for put into place for a long time, and as climate change and the reckoning of the US' 80s War on Drugs and repeated South American coup policy have gotten worse.

Rather than do anything to solve the problem, rather than do what I think is the obvious thing and develop a pathway to citizenship, to set up the infrastructure it's been used by the right wing to drum up such incessant fearmongering that nothing could be done. Instead of sending money to lawyers and judges to process cases, infrastructure on settling applicants or setting up a more robust work permit system money kept being thrown at enforcement: a "wall" that could easily be cut through with a handheld circular saw, border agents whose authority extends to an area that is about 2/3rds of our county's population, running deportations to an extent that police and prosecutors begged them to stop because witnesses stopped coming forwards, and I-shiesse-you-not, saws on bouys. 

So when the Democrats buckled and gave in because they would prefer our allies not run out of ammunition while shooting an invading mutual enemy, when they gave the Republican party the vast majority of what it has been bleating for the last 8 years their leader went "oh Sh!t if they give us that, we can't complain about it as much"

And I am supposed to think that knuckleheads should be in charge of a charity softball game, never mind deciding who we go to war against, and what medical care we are allowed to have?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

There was money for the wall in there man. Liberals were screaming about how their leaders were selling them out for a political stunt. And then Republicans were the dog that caught the car and had no idea what to do next because they realized they have nothing to run on other then SCAAARRRRRRY Brown People.

My greatest concern these days are scary white democrats

• Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

OK. You want serious:

The border situation is broken. It's been broken for a long time. Stopgaps for put into place for a long time, and as climate change and the reckoning of the US' 80s War on Drugs and repeated South American coup policy have gotten worse.

Rather than do anything to solve the problem, rather than do what I think is the obvious thing and develop a pathway to citizenship, to set up the infrastructure it's been used by the right wing to drum up such incessant fearmongering that nothing could be done. Instead of sending money to lawyers and judges to process cases, infrastructure on settling applicants or setting up a more robust work permit system money kept being thrown at enforcement: a "wall" that could easily be cut through with a handheld circular saw, border agents whose authority extends to an area that is about 2/3rds of our county's population, running deportations to an extent that police and prosecutors begged them to stop because witnesses stopped coming forwards, and I-shiesse-you-not, saws on bouys. 

So when the Democrats buckled and gave in because they would prefer our allies not run out of ammunition while shooting an invading mutual enemy, when they gave the Republican party the vast majority of what it has been bleating for the last 8 years their leader went "oh Sh!t if they give us that, we can't complain about it as much"

And I am supposed to think that knuckleheads should be in charge of a charity softball game, never mind deciding who we go to war against, and what medical care we are allowed to have?

Look at you providing something to think about (minus climate change being a reason) instead of distilling it down to a childish, idiotic comment about brown people. Nicely done. 

3 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Look at you providing something to think about (minus climate change being a reason) instead of distilling it down to a childish, idiotic comment about brown people. Nicely done. 

I'll be honest, it was actually refreshing to be asked to actually provide reasoning for my stance and give it. Usually this board does not bother.

And while I will say climate change isn't the biggest reason for the current surge, it's coming: https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2018/06/20/621782275/the-refugees-that-the-world-barely-pays-attention-to

Which is why I would prefer we'd have been working on an actual solution to the problem rather than the performance theater we have been getting from politicians. (I will include Democrats in there too)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

I lived in New Mexico for 6 years. Met some really cool people of Mexican and native decent, who im still friends today. I oppose illegal immigration, so I must hate brown people( liberal logic)

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

My greatest concern these days are scary white democrats

Who think they're making the right decision based on feelings.  Only to see them blow up and needing to reverse the damage done.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

I lived in New Mexico for 6 years. Met some really cool people of Mexican and native decent, who im still friends today. I oppose illegal immigration, so I must hate brown people( liberal logic)

At least in the minds of the dumbass liberals on this board. Disagree with them on any topic and you are any one or several of nazi/racist/homophobe/transphobe/

maga/putinlover. The level of “thinking” is……something. 

I went to HS in El Paso. Suffice it to say that as a whitey, I was in the minority. I’m still buddies with a crew and none of my Latinx (they just refer to themselves as Mexicans) pals are on board with a border rush that has never before existed to this degree. 

Edited by JDHillFan
Grammar
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

At least in the minds of the dumbass liberals on this board. Disagree with them on any topic and you are any one or several of nazi/racist/homophobe/transphobe/

maga/putinlover. The level of “thinking” is……something. 

I went to HS in El Paso. Suffice it to say that as a whitey, I was in the minority. I’m still buddies with a crew and none of my Latinx (they just refer to themselves as Mexicans) pals are on board with a border rush that has never before existed to this degree. 

Thank you for providing that

Normally, you just run around attacking other peoples posts

5 hours ago, Doc said:

The border is all on Joke.  Everyone knows it, even Dems, who are claiming it's on Trump/Repubs because the polling is terrible for them.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the GQP to pass the bill, watch everything fail horribly like they predicted, then run on it???  Hmmmmmmmmmm.  Lucky for them their followers can't think past the first line of a meme. 

7 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for the GQP to pass the bill, watch everything fail horribly like they predicted, then run on it???  Hmmmmmmmmmm.  Lucky for them their followers can't think past the first line of a meme. 

Are you serious?  "Yeah, let's let them drop a nuke on the country, see how bad it goes and then run on it."  Brilliant.  :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Are you serious?  "Yeah, let's let them drop a nuke on the country, see how bad it goes and then run on it."  Brilliant.  :rolleyes:

Politically it is brilliant, and all Congress does now is play politics.  Name the last thing they've done that was bipartisan, and good for the people.  I'll wait, while you be coy about the reality of the situation.  If any of you guys actually read it, you'd know it reduces and phases out over 3 years.  A real 'nuke'.  definitely better to do nothing, and enjoy the status quo, and play the blame game.  The guy here who calls certain posters useful idiots doesn't use the term on the right posters.  

7 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Politically it is brilliant, and all Congress does now is play politics.  Name the last thing they've done that was bipartisan, and good for the people.  I'll wait, while you be coy about the reality of the situation.  If any of you guys actually read it, you'd know it reduces and phases out over 3 years.  A real 'nuke'.  definitely better to do nothing, and enjoy the status quo, and play the blame game.  The guy here who calls certain posters useful idiots doesn't use the term on the right posters.  

Who cares?  In reality it's stupid.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who cares?  In reality it's stupid.

It's all a matter of perspective.  If the game is politics, it's brilliant.  If it's what's good for people, it's stupid.  

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

It's all a matter of perspective.  If the game is politics, it's brilliant.  If it's what's good for people, it's stupid.  

Sorry but if it's stupid in reality but brilliant politically...I'm all for killing it.  I don't need for political points to be won at the expense of the US.

• Like (+1) 1

Open up, and swallow the lies. 

It's blindingly obvious that the mainstream media, which has ignored the border for three years, has taken up the narrative that the GOP voted against a bill that would have "closed" the border. NBC News is reporting that even the White House is "accelerating plans" to criticize Republicans for sinking the bipartisan bill hammered out by Sens. James Lankford and Chuck Schumer.

The bill did not address the core issues. The people know what is going on.

The bill had many flaws. The people need to go back to the table and do more work that makes sense.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/02/07/nbc-news-white-house-accelerating-plans-to-hit-republicans-for-tanking-border-bill-n2392683

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, daz28 said:

It puts the final decision regarding all things at the border in the hands of the DC Circuit court - essentially neutering any actions President Trump would try to take.  

DOA bill.  Because they are worried he’s going to win. 

This country this government is a joke.  

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

It puts the final decision regarding all things at the border in the hands of the DC Circuit court - essentially neutering any actions President Trump would try to take.  

DOA bill.  Because they are worried he’s going to win. 

This country this government is a joke.  

Not the decision to close the border.  That's automatic.  Also, the bill is only for 3 years.  The president's actions are already limited to executive decisions, ie DOJ.  The complaints about the DC court provision have to do with the states, not the executive branch.  

Why do we need a “border bill” (it isn’t) when we already have laws on the books to handle for example if a Canadian tries to illegally cross over the peace bridge. 

And those laws as they apply everywhere are being ignored by the 3rd World Communists that control the White House.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Why do we need a “border bill” (it isn’t) when we already have laws on the books to handle for example if a Canadian tries to illegally cross over the peace bridge. 

And those laws as they apply everywhere are being ignored by the 3rd World Communists that control the White House.  

Eff.  Notice none of the immigrants are heading for Canada?

Canada doesn't play. try going to Canada over that bridge with a Misdemeanor and you might get walked back.

Remember when the Hattians tried to claim asylum. they put them in an old prison in the middle of know where.

Overstay a visa in Canada, they put you in jail till they again, walk you back over the border.

And in both cases, you get this document stating that you are not allowed in that country and any further immigration issues with be criminal.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Because the pollls are devastating and they need to somehow make it the Repubs' fault.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1