Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

Brutal new reporting from @axios in article titled “How Biden Botched the Border”.

- Biden exploded w/ rage at his team aboard AF1 on the way to border last year.

- Susan Rice called HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra a “B word ass”& “idiot”.

- VP Harris’ team made it clear her responsibilities “began and ended” w/ root causes in just the 3 Northern Triangle counties & Mexico, w/ a former Biden admin official saying Harris has been “at best, ineffective”.

- Mayorkas disagreed with Biden’s 100 day halt on deportations.

- Homeland Security adviser Liz Sherwood-Randall displayed inexperience, asked for a memo explaining the difference between refugees & asylum seekers. - Biden admin has listened to “vocal immigration advocates outside the administration”.

- “The White House generally didn't want to talk publicly about immigration or the border for much of Biden's first three years, feeling it would draw attention to a political vulnerability.”

- “Publicly, the White House also initially downplayed jumps in illegal border crossings as normal "ebbs and flows" — even as some internally pushed to acknowledge that the problem was significant.”

The article highlights a combination of infighting, incompetence, and indifference regarding the administration’s handling of the border over the last 3 years.

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/12/how-biden-botched-border

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Brutal new reporting from @axios in article titled “How Biden Botched the Border”.

- Biden exploded w/ rage at his team aboard AF1 on the way to border last year.

- Susan Rice called HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra a “B word ass”& “idiot”.

- VP Harris’ team made it clear her responsibilities “began and ended” w/ root causes in just the 3 Northern Triangle counties & Mexico, w/ a former Biden admin official saying Harris has been “at best, ineffective”.

- Mayorkas disagreed with Biden’s 100 day halt on deportations.

- Homeland Security adviser Liz Sherwood-Randall displayed inexperience, asked for a memo explaining the difference between refugees & asylum seekers. - Biden admin has listened to “vocal immigration advocates outside the administration”.

- “The White House generally didn't want to talk publicly about immigration or the border for much of Biden's first three years, feeling it would draw attention to a political vulnerability.”

- “Publicly, the White House also initially downplayed jumps in illegal border crossings as normal "ebbs and flows" — even as some internally pushed to acknowledge that the problem was significant.”

The article highlights a combination of infighting, incompetence, and indifference regarding the administration’s handling of the border over the last 3 years.

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/12/how-biden-botched-border

It was bungled well before the election, when Dems candidates foolishly told the World how they planned to let everyone into the country (not that everyone didn't already know that).  Then it was botched even further when Joke overturned Trump's policies on Day 1. 

On 2/12/2024 at 7:28 PM, B-Man said:

VP Harris’ team made it clear her responsibilities “began and ended” w/ root causes in just the 3 Northern Triangle counties & Mexico

I wonder if she did her best her best Freddie Prinze impersonation when she said this. It's not my job.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

It's the Republicans fault !  :lol:

Why would a sane person meet with a guy who makes his decisions based on what a narcissist, that only does what's good for him, and the imaginary guy in the sky tells him what to do.  If Mike Johnson had to think for himself, he'd probably pee his pants, and lock himself in a closet.  

53 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Why would a sane person meet with a guy who makes his decisions based on what a narcissist, that only does what's good for him, and the imaginary guy in the sky tells him what to do.  If Mike Johnson had to think for himself, he'd probably pee his pants, and lock himself in a closet.  

Joke's senile.  So...

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Joke's senile.  So...

The forum desperately needs a whatabout and unconfirmed conspiracy crap emojis.  it would save a lot of time, and be far more accurate than the eye roll contribution.  Then again if we got rid of the eye roll, it would remove 88% of Tommy's contributions to PPP.  I don't want him to feel left out or unimportant.  

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

Because the border is 100 percent bidens fault, that's why.

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

Wait, are u claiming bidens sane? Oh boy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The forum desperately needs a whatabout and unconfirmed conspiracy crap emojis.  it would save a lot of time, and be far more accurate than the eye roll contribution.  Then again if we got rid of the eye roll, it would remove 88% of Tommy's contributions to PPP.  I don't want him to feel left out or unimportant.  

Wait, what's an "unconfirmed conspiracy"?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

Because the border is 100 percent bidens fault, that's why.

The real reason, like ALL reasons is 100% politics.  In no way am i defending Biden's handling of the border, but I'm giving them ALL F's across the board.  I'm also 100% certain that you're not an immigration law expert/lawyer, but I'm hoping you're smart enough to spot politics when they're happening.  Did you 100% balme trump for the border when he was behind this:   

As president, Trump issued a raft of executive orders designed to stem illegal immigration — relying on a provision of the law that says the president can “suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens” whose entry he finds “would be detrimental to the interests of the United States” — but many of his actions were struck down or altered by the courts.

Trump claimed he needed Congress to pass a new law, especially to make it more difficult for migrants to claim asylum. “What the Democrats should be doing now is they should be changing the loopholes,” Trump told reporters in 2019. “They should be changing asylum. I’ve been talking ... to you about this for a long time. They should be changing asylum.”

• Vomit 1

Just now, Doc said:

Wait, what's an "unconfirmed conspiracy"?

A good example would be everything that was put out publicly from Bobulinsky yesterday.  A whole lot of he's guilty as sin, but no solid evidence.  Are you familiar with correlation and causation?  I mean it's literally impossible to discuss facts/evidence with people who think everything is a complete lie, right?  You basically want ME to present evidence to you that the entire government isn't a conspiracy.  How about you find the corruption, put it through the courts(with full transcripts), and then we can debate it bit by bit.  Seems a lot easier than the way the GQP is asking questions they don't have the answers to and presenting that as proof.  I could go on all day about how ridiculous it is that Gym Jordan didn't know what was going on in his showers, but unless I have proof, I'm gonna shut up about it.  Confirmed means widely established.  Tweets, heresay, and accusations aren't confirmed facts.  Recordings, letters, emails, etc are.  The fact you don't know what confirmation and conspiracy is would explain a lot about disfunction in our society as a whole.  

15 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The real reason, like ALL reasons is 100% politics.  In no way am i defending Biden's handling of the border, but I'm giving them ALL F's across the board.  I'm also 100% certain that you're not an immigration law expert/lawyer, but I'm hoping you're smart enough to spot politics when they're happening.  Did you 100% balme trump for the border when he was behind this:   

As president, Trump issued a raft of executive orders designed to stem illegal immigration — relying on a provision of the law that says the president can “suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens” whose entry he finds “would be detrimental to the interests of the United States” — but many of his actions were struck down or altered by the courts.

Trump claimed he needed Congress to pass a new law, especially to make it more difficult for migrants to claim asylum. “What the Democrats should be doing now is they should be changing the loopholes,” Trump told reporters in 2019. “They should be changing asylum. I’ve been talking ... to you about this for a long time. They should be changing asylum.”

It's been almost 4 years. Stop bringing up Trump. This is 1000000% on Biden. It's gotten so much worse, it's laughable at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, daz28 said:

4 hours ago, daz28 said:

There have been 8M illegals who have entered the US in just 3 years under Joke.  There were 2M who entered under Trump in 4 years despite resistance by the Dems to many of his policies trying to limit their entry.  That massive increase is all on Joke/the Dems.  Their presence is busting city budgets, leading to an increase in crime and resentment over what they are being given and needy citizens are not.  And the polls are reflecting it as it is now the #1 issue for people.  Which is why the Dems finally stopping lying about there not being a crisis since Joke reversed many of the policies that were working on Day One and why they are laughably trying to shift the blame to Repubs.   No one with a brain is buying it.

4 hours ago, daz28 said:

A good example would be everything that was put out publicly from Bobulinsky yesterday.  A whole lot of he's guilty as sin, but no solid evidence.  Are you familiar with correlation and causation?  I mean it's literally impossible to discuss facts/evidence with people who think everything is a complete lie, right?  You basically want ME to present evidence to you that the entire government isn't a conspiracy.  How about you find the corruption, put it through the courts(with full transcripts), and then we can debate it bit by bit.  Seems a lot easier than the way the GQP is asking questions they don't have the answers to and presenting that as proof.  I could go on all day about how ridiculous it is that Gym Jordan didn't know what was going on in his showers, but unless I have proof, I'm gonna shut up about it.  Confirmed means widely established.  Tweets, heresay, and accusations aren't confirmed facts.  Recordings, letters, emails, etc are.  The fact you don't know what confirmation and conspiracy is would explain a lot about disfunction in our society as a whole.  

I was asking if Joke being senile was an "unconfirmed conspiracy." 

But as for believing what you want, your side is no less guilty of it.  So spare me the indignation.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

There have been 8M illegals who have entered the US in just 3 years under Joke.  There were 2M who entered under Trump in 4 years despite resistance by the Dems to many of his policies trying to limit their entry.  That massive increase is all on Joke/the Dems.  Their presence is busting city budgets, leading to an increase in crime and resentment over what they are being given and needy citizens are not.  And the polls are reflecting it as it is now the #1 issue for people.  Which is why the Dems finally stopping lying about there not being a crisis since Joke reversed many of the policies that were working on Day One and why they are laughably trying to shift the blame to Repubs.   No one with a brain is buying it.

I was asking if Joke being senile was an "unconfirmed conspiracy." 

But as for believing what you want, your side is no less guilty of it.  So spare me the indignation.

I don't have a side, and yes, both sides are guilty.  One problem you all seem to be ignoring, though.  Everyone admits that there's maybe 4x more people trying to cross.  Well, any fool knows they need additional resources to handle that kind of increase, and they just dumped an imperfect bill, that would have allocated more resources, and made closures mandatory.  

3 hours ago, daz28 said:

I don't have a side, and yes, both sides are guilty.  One problem you all seem to be ignoring, though.  Everyone admits that there's maybe 4x more people trying to cross.  Well, any fool knows they need additional resources to handle that kind of increase, and they just dumped an imperfect bill, that would have allocated more resources, and made closures mandatory.  

The money they had never changed.  It was the policies.  And money can be allocated without it needing to be tied to anything.  If you want the border closed, that is.

• Like (+1) 1

Mike Johnson Goes Gloves Off on Joe Biden After Report He's Considering Executive Action on Border Crisis

House Republicans have been sounding the alarm about the catastrophic effects of President Biden's open border policies since he began his term. Last year, I sent a letter to the President to demand he take immediate executive action.  He has thus far ignored my demands, and the pleas from big city mayors, border state governors, and the American people.

Now, in an election year, after the president has surrendered the border to cartels and smugglers, after tens of thousands of Americans have tragically lost their lives due to fentanyl poisoning, after countless unaccompanied minors and young people have been subjected to human trafficking, and after millions of illegal aliens have been scattered by the Biden administration throughout our country - the President suddenly seems interested in trying to make a change using the legal authority that he claimed until recently didn't exist.

Americans have lost faith in this President and won't be fooled by election year gimmicks that don't actually secure the border.  Nor will they forget that the President created this catastrophe and, until now, has refused to use his executive power to fix it.

These reports also underscore just how brazenly and intentionally President Biden misled the public when he claimed he had done everything in his power to secure the border. Specifically, the President's alleged desire to invoke Section 212(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, which the White House dismissed using for months, is particularly telling.

If these reports are true and the President intends to take action, he can show he's serious by changing more than asylum policy. He should begin by reinstituting the "Remain in Mexico" policy and ending his administration's abuse of the parole system, along with other critical reforms.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

FYI:

12 miles away from my house.

Olean, where the heck are they going to put them?  In some of the vacant stores in the mini-mall?

This is absurd dumping a bus full of migrants into a depressed town with a population of around 13,000.  You might as well just unload them at a rest area.

• Thank you (+1) 1

UPDATE NEWSPEAK DICTIONARIES ACCORDINGLY, COMRADES: 

Joe Biden’s White House Begins Referring to Illegal Aliens as ‘Newcomers.’

GettyImages-2034648472-640x480.jpg

The White House fact sheet on the Senate bill reads:

The bill also includes $1.4 billion for cities and states who are providing critical services to newcomers, and would expedite work permits for people who are in the country and qualify

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2024/02/29/joe-bidens-white-house-begins-referring-to-illegal-aliens-as-newcomers/

• Eyeroll 1