Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

3 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

You're the one that proclaimed the majority are coming from South America so I assumed you had some numbers at your disposal to share but if you're not willing to back up your claim then fine with me. 

OH, I know - Fox News and your "resources" told you that they are mostly terrorists coming from other places other than South America.

You can provide the source that backs up the bs.

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

How?

weakening the cartels.  just like they did the Catholic church in El Salvador.  ie killing.  i don't agree with it but i understand the logic....we have the power to change the dynamics.  America first, at all costs, right?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

weakening the cartels.  just like they did the Catholic church in El Salvador.  ie killing.  i don't agree with it but i understand the logic....we have the power to change the dynamics.  America first, at all costs, right?

Sounds like colonialism, settlerism, and racism all rolled into one.  

As someone else noted, this is what Vice President Harris thinks is the problem and is working on it. Any success yet?

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Sounds like colonialism, settlerism, and racism all rolled into one.  

it's who we are.  wanna change it?  me too.  but America first!  The CIA passed on me almost 40 years ago.  Wonder why...moral relativism is evil.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

it's who we are.  wanna change it?  me too.  but America first!  The CIA passed on me almost 40 years ago.  Wonder why...moral relativism is evil.

You do understand your opinions generally support the Biden administration that represents the interests of the Washington establishment that engages in "colonialist" polices in places like Central America?    

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Doc said:

They can improve their own countries.  Their elected leaders choose not to do so.

That would be great, and I fully agree, but we are much further away from attaining change than we were decades ago.

The US' reputation in South/Central America has declined over the years.

Trump didn't help and polling revealed that.

Biden certainly hasn't moved the ball forward.

I spent ten months a year going down there from 2003 until 2015. Had a business partner in Paraguay who is still one of my best friends.

Had the opportunity to witness the entire Chavez political nonsense up close.

The systemic problems are immense. Corruption is an intractable, accepted way of life.

There is profound class structure and sexism.

Anyway, it's a problem that the US does not, currently, have the ability to influence.

The first step is to lock the border to any non legal immigration.

Once these failed govs are unable to dispose of those they don't want, they will have to deal with the very significant problems they are not addressing.

Each country is different, but the ruling political entities are all powerful.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

That would be great, and I fully agree, but we are much further away from attaining change than we were decades ago.

The US' reputation in South/Central America has declined over the years.

Trump didn't help and polling revealed that.

Biden certainly hasn't moved the ball forward.

I spent ten months a year going down there from 2003 until 2015. Had a business partner in Paraguay who is still one of my best friends.

Had the opportunity to witness the entire Chavez political nonsense up close.

The systemic problems are immense. Corruption is an intractable, accepted way of life.

There is profound class structure and sexism.

Anyway, it's a problem that the US does not, currently, have the ability to influence.

The first step is to lock the border to any non legal immigration.

Once these failed govs are unable to dispose of those they don't want, they will have to deal with the very significant problems they are not addressing.

Each country is different, but the ruling political entities are all powerful.  

I agree.  I'm saying they need to fix their own countries.  We can't do it.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I agree.  I'm saying they need to fix their own countries.  We can't do it.

We're both on the same page.

I am merely pointing out that US influence is much less than it used to be.

The first thing we need to do is lock the border to illegal immigration. 

Unless that happens, and we develop a spine, nothing else matters.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

I would too if a bunch of MAGA morons with the combined IQ of 4 were attempting to overthrow democracy. Another sad false equivalence from a sad loser ideology 

30 Hours on Biden's Open Border

Spencer Brown

RIO GRANDE VALLEY, TEXAS — Massive gaps in the border wall, piles of broken ladders, barely hidden smuggling routes, deadly vehicle crash sites, overwhelmed processing facilities off-limits to reporters, and nearly two dozen illegal immigrants encountered by Border Patrol. All this and more was witnessed in barely 30 hours spent embedded with a bipartisan congressional delegation at the U.S.-Mexico border to see the results of Biden's border policies first-hand.

Drones flown by Mexican cartels were in the air on Friday night as I rode shotgun with National Border Patrol Council Vice President Chris Cabrera along the border wall in Hidalgo, Texas. Just a few blocks from the official port of entry where safe and legal crossings of the border can take place, we watched as 22 immigrants who illegally entered the U.S. by crossing the Rio Grande walked up to the border wall and turned themselves in to claim asylum. According to Cabrera, all 22 will be processed and released into the U.S. with initial court dates as far as six years away.

https://townhall.com/columnists/spencerbrown/2024/01/23/30-hours-on-bidens-open-border-n2634010

Illegal-immigrants.jpg

REPORT: The Biden Administration Has Spent $20 Billion on ‘Refugee’ Resettlement in Just Two Years

by Mike LaChance

The situation at the southern border has become a multi-level crisis and it turns out that it has been incredibly expensive, too. The Biden administration has spent $20 billion hard-earned American tax dollars on ‘refugee’ resettlement in just the last two years. Of course, the vast majority of illegal border crossers are not refugees at all. Democrats sure do seem to enjoy spending other people’s money.

(Snip)

The Biden administration has poured billions of taxpayer dollars into the Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS) Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) since October 2022, according to a new report from Open the Books.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/01/report-biden-administration-has-spent-20-billion-refugee/

• Angry 1

Byron York: 

The man who broke the border says the border is broken, and he is the one to fix it.

He wants the authority — which he already has —

to ‘shut down’ the border ‘when it becomes overwhelmed.’

Even if he used it, which he likely would not, because he hasn’t used the authority he already has

— even if he used it, the effect would be to regularize the flow of 5,000 illegal crossers into the United States every day.

Remember in the Obama years, when officials said 1,000 a day would overwhelm the system?

Now Biden wants to make 5,000 a day — OK, 4,999 — the new benchmark of what is acceptable.

And no one should believe Biden would even enforce that. Why would Congress do such a thing?

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Using RoundyLogic®️this must mean Denver city government doesn’t like brown people. Sad. 

Sounds like they’re making a concerted effort to take good care of these people without exhausting resources. I approve!

• Vomit 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Sounds like they’re making a concerted effort to take good care of these people without exhausting resources. I approve!

Have you weighed in on Nancy P’s bigoted episode this week? If so, can you direct me to your post? I’m sure it’s consistent with your others regarding the awful people that don’t want unchecked, unlimited illegal immigration. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, JDHillFan said:

Have you weighed in on Nancy P’s bigoted episode this week? If so, can you direct me to your post? I’m sure it’s consistent with your others regarding the awful people that don’t want unchecked, unlimited illegal immigration. 

You mean Nancy Pelosi calling out CCP talking points? 

Damn, didn’t take you for a Maoist

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

What did she do again? Yelled at some protestors heckling her?

“Go back to China”

Change China to Mexico and Nancy to any non-liberal male and your head is exploding. No worries. Consistency is overrated. 

• Thank you (+1) 3

11 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

“Go back to China”

Change China to Mexico and Nancy to any non-liberal male and your head is exploding. No worries. Consistency is overrated. 

Oh wait is this the CodePink thing from months ago? She was insinuating that CodePink was a CCP-funded influence op like TikTok is. Like I said, im surprised you support the CCP!

I get that conservatives can’t handle nuance because they can’t comprehend anything beyond 8th grade, but hope that helps. 

14 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

😂😂😂😂 grasping at straws. Get a job.

• Eyeroll 1