Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And write an EO making abortion the law of the land and jam pack the court - who cares about the constitution, right?

People who support this POS don’t give a fk about the constitution:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7lbaieecge5tg89wht6

And if the president is supposed to be immune to the law as Trump wants, why shouldn’t Biden just send Seal Team 6 out to take out his political enemies?

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Actually I think slapping Texas back into compliance will be a very popular move. 

This is quite the high stakes game of chicken here..

Dems would love for Texas to defy the Court so that gives Dems cause to try and do whatever they want. 

R’s would love the optics of the Biden Admin forcing Texas to leave themselves open to a border invasion. 

Both sides are playing with fire, but no.. “slapping Texas back into compliance” would not play well for Dems.  Look at polling on the border… people have had enough.  It may have taken Abbott bussing them to sanctuary cities, but people have finally experienced it first hand and when black women are fed up with it.. Biden has a problem. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Roundybout said:

And if the president is supposed to be immune to the law as Trump wants, why shouldn’t Biden just send Seal Team 6 out to take out his political enemies?

Exactly. Biden has total immunity EVEN IF IT CROSSES the line <- Trumps words.

So yeah - let’s send in ST6 - take out the cult - and make Biden King for life.

These idiots never think.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Dems would love for Texas to defy the Court so that gives Dems cause to try and do whatever they want. 

R’s would love the optics of the Biden Admin forcing Texas to leave themselves open to a border invasion. 

Both sides are playing with fire, but no.. “slapping Texas back into compliance” would not play well for Dems.  Look at polling on the border… people have had enough.  It may have taken Abbott bussing them to sanctuary cities, but people have finally experienced it first hand and when black women are fed up with it.. Biden has a problem. 

Like I said, then what is stopping Biden from ignoring the SCOTUS ruling on student loans?

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Where the Democrats are messing up is, they’re not on point with their messaging that the president is actually trying to put a deal with them on the border

The Republicans are using it as a political point they don’t actually want to fix the border. They just want to complain about it.

Force their hand

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

36 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Like I said, then what is stopping Biden from ignoring the SCOTUS ruling on student loans?

No clue .. we may be entering a whole new world. 

DeSantis & Youngkin just pledged support to Abbott in defiance.

If Biden wants to lose a blue collar state like Pennsylvania to Trump, he could certainly send Federal forces down to Texas to show down with their National Guard or use it as ammo to ram through student loan forgiveness. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If Biden wants to lose a blue collar state like Pennsylvania to Trump, he could certainly send Federal forces down to Texas to show down with their National Guard or use it as ammo to ram through student loan forgiveness. 

He'll do neither.  You're right.  These are minor battles.  The war is the election.  but f'in youngkin!

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

You certainly are kidding yourself if you think the border is going to trump abortion.

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

We need both issues.

We do - but women wants their rights back - immigration and the border has been an issue my entire life. Donald Trump didn’t solve it w his first and only four years and unless we bomb South America and not help remediate the issues at the source - people will continue to migrate north.

19 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

or help straighten out south/central america.  never mind, that's not "America First" according to 1/2 the country, but I digress.

so we will always have a border issue 

f them 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

Yeah and I don’t like it. That’s why this needs to be nipped in the bud

Were the Dems always statist over states or individual rights.  

Cause they are now and they seem to be gleefully proud of the parroting 

When ideology and band wagoning gets in the way of common sense.  You have what the fed is doing. 

What happened to the general welfare of the US citizens?  Left used to bring that up all the time.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

We do - but women wants their rights back - immigration and the border has been an issue my entire life. Donald Trump didn’t solve it w his first and only four years and unless we bomb South America and not help remediate the issues at the source - people will continue to migrate north.

A lot of migrants aren't coming from South America.  Should we be obliged to "fix" all those countries too?  And what specific things would you suggest we do?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Where the Democrats are messing up is, they’re not on point with their messaging that the president is actually trying to put a deal with them on the border

The Republicans are using it as a political point they don’t actually want to fix the border. They just want to complain about it.

Force their hand

Then it gets turned back on them when people ask "why do we need to tie this to anything else, like aid for Ukraine"?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

A lot of migrants aren't coming from South America.  Should we be obliged to "fix" all those countries too?  And what specific things would you suggest we do?

A majority are.

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Too bad, SCOTUS gave you a direct order.

No.

The truth is that he's not defying SCOTUS.

The order only lifted the stay on Biden's border agents cutting razor wire.

There is no order preventing Texas from installing more razor wire.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

No.

The truth is that he's not defying SCOTUS.

The order only lifted the stay on Biden's border agents cutting razor wire.

There is no order preventing Texas from installing more razor wire.

OMG.  have you read the ruling?  What was its intent?

Here since you won't bother to look it up.  The intent is to allow federal agents access.  More razor wire stops access.

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/01/22/texas-border-supreme-court-immigration/

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

You all know it's too late already. The enormous amount of undocumented, unfettered illegal immigrants that has already taken place will cost this country more damage than we can imagine.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

You all know it's too late already. The enormous amount of undocumented, unfettered illegal immigrants that has already taken place will cost this country more damage than we can imagine.

Oh, Trump got busted sabotaging a solution, so now it doesn't matter 

Ya right 

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh, Trump got busted sabotaging a solution, so now it doesn't matter 

Ya right 

Oh it matters and I applaud the state of Texas for now trying to close the barn door after the cows already got out. 

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

SOUTH AMERICA - if you don't know where it is - find a map.

I don't need a map.  I need you to tell me which South American countries people are coming from and how many people from each?  If you can't answer that then how do you know the majority come from there? I think you might be mixing up South America with Central America so you might want to check that map you mentioned.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I don't need a map.  I need you to tell me which South American countries people are coming from and how many people from each?  If you can't answer that then how do you know the majority come from there? I think you might be mixing up South America with Central America so you might want to check that map you mentioned.  

You can go do your own homework.

3 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Nope.  It's how this democracy has survived.  What about compromise do you not understand?  Both sides need to save face.

You compromise when you don't want to do something.  Dems obviously don't want to close the border to illegals.

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

Oh it matters and I applaud the state of Texas for now trying to close the barn door after the cows already got out. 

This corrupt Admin wants every illegal they can get.  It's not a matter of "too late," the barn door needs to still get shut.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You can go do your own homework.

You're the one that proclaimed the majority are coming from South America so I assumed you had some numbers at your disposal to share but if you're not willing to back up your claim then fine with me. 

18 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

or help straighten out south/central america.  never mind, that's not "America First" according to 1/2 the country, but I digress.

Do you really think we can go down to South/Central America and fix their countries when we can't even fix our own?