Do you think the Bills have the best WR group in the NFL?

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm saying that 6'2+ 215lb+ guy that wins with size. 

Both Diggs and Sanders can make contested catches pretty routinely. Diggs one of the best in the NFL. 

No question, with Diggs.  I will say though, looking at Sanders highlights, I was impressed by his willingness to make contact, after the catch, to gain more yards.  Not knocking Diggs at all, but it was hard not to notice last season that he likes to avoid contact as much as possible.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think it's the Mets?

I think the Mets have a top 3 rotation in the MLB.  I also think the Bills have a top 3 WR corps in the NFL.  I don't believe the Mets have the best rotation, nor do I believe the Bills have the best WR corps.

And I'm cool with bofe.

For those mentioning the Cardinals, I think the better argument currently is Christian Kirk moreso than AJ Green. Also like Isabella's upside. 

A sleeper pick: the Jaguars. Nowhere near elite at the top end, but I like their potential 5-wide with Marvin Jones, DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault, Jr., Phillip Dorsett, and Dede Westbrook/Chris Conley.

• Like (+1) 2

The Bills have a great WR corps, but Sanders and Beasley are up there in age and may not be as fast and quick as they once were, and also may be more injury prone due to their age.  I'm certainly not complaining, but just pointing out some realistic information.

31 minutes ago, Logic said:

If "WR group" doesn't include tight ends, then Tampa Bay is not superior to Buffalo, in my opinion. 

The OP specifically says WR group, so I'm personally ignoring the tight ends.

Need to wait and see what the WR groups look like when the offseason is over IMO.

If the Bucs bring Antonio Brown back again, which seems increasingly likely, I think that locks Tampa in as the #1 group in football. Two of the top 10 or so WRs in the league, Brown is still very good, and solid depth behind them with Miller and Johnson.

I would probably go:

1. Tampa (assuming they bring AB back, probably down to #3 if not)
  2. Buffalo
  3. Dallas
  4. Arizona
  5. NY Giants
  6. Cleveland
  7. Pittsburgh
29 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

For those mentioning the Cardinals, I think the better argument currently is Christian Kirk moreso than AJ Green. Also like Isabella's upside. 

A sleeper pick: the Jaguars. Nowhere near elite at the top end, but I like their potential 5-wide with Marvin Jones, DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault, Jr., Phillip Dorsett, and Dede Westbrook/Chris Conley.

Jags definitely are nowhere near #1 but it is a talented group there. Conley just signed with Houston though.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Dallas has the best WR corps in the NFL.

Dallas is better than both.

Three #1 WRs

Amari Cooper has never cracked 1200 yards in a season. Stefon Diggs had over 1400 last season.

Ceedee Lamb had 935 yards last season. Cole Beasley had 967.

Michael Gallup had 843 and 5 TDs. Gabriel Davis had 599 and 7 TDs.

Then Buffalo has McKenzie, who caught 5 TDs, and Sanders, who had 726 yards and 5 TDs.

Dallas' group has the POTENTIAL to be the best. Based on actual proven PRODUCTION in the NFL, though, and taking top-to-bottom depth into account? I'm going Buffalo.

7 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Dallas has the best WR corps in the NFL.

Dallas is better than both.

Three #1 WRs

I'll have to disagree. They are good, but imo Bills, Bucs are better. Honestly I think Bills/Bucs are better by enough for me to not even question it.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

John, agreed on Tampa.  I give them the edge simply because of the soar subject of TE’s.

Evans

Godwin

Miller

Brate

Gronk

Howard

Miller is meh.  He wouldn't make our top 5.  Looks like he is in high school still.  McKenzie is underrated as a receiver.  He is quick enuf to make DB's look silly.  

44 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Jags definitely are nowhere near #1 but it is a talented group there. Conley just signed with Houston though.

Agreed. I guess my intent was to say I think they could be solidly in this discussion by season’s end.

And ok thanks re: Conley. I checked ourlads and they had him on the depth chart. 

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Fitz at this point is 37 years old and still able to play in the NFL.  There’s just no way to expect him to be what he was in his prime, but I think any team would be pretty thrilled to have him as a #3 or 4, he’s a possession monster.   AJ Green to me is the Clowney of WRs, he has accounted for a crazy number of tipped interceptions.  He’s a flash play guy, but a guy I’m honestly not upset the Bills didn’t draft oh and he hasn’t been healthy in years.  Then there is D-Hop, arguably the best in the game, so yeah, I’m with you, they aren’t in the conversation at this point in their careers.

AJ Green was elite for years, though. Clowney has never been elite. He has 32 sacks in 7 seasons in the NFL. To put that into perspective, Mario Addison has almost 50 sacks over the past 7 seasons. Clowney is just an average defensive end who at times has been above average.

But Green has had six 1,000 yard seasons in the NFL, including two over 1,300 yards, and he also has three seasons of double digit TD's. So he was for sure an elite receiver. Clowney has never gotten there as a defensive end.

35 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Nope, Dallas still has the best WR group in the NFL. 2020 Josh Allen maximized the production of the Bills WRs, so comparing those numbers mean very very little. Taking the QB out of it, judging strictly by the talent level of the WRs in a vacuum, Dallas is clearly the best. Just imagine 2020 Josh Allen with the Cowboys 3-WR set. 

Once again, three #1 WRs.

The Cowboys have three #1 WRs. The Bills have one #1 WR.

Three #1 WRs >>> One #1 WR + role players

I don't consider all three as #1 WR's myself. Maybe lamb could be, Cooper I don't. But it's cool man, agree to disagree

I generally say "top 3," which I think is accurate. I wouldn't say the best.

Still, pretty amazing when you think about it.  After Price/Moulds, most of the drought was JAG city.  Evans and Stevie were some of the rare exceptions, and I guess you could say TO, even though he was past his prime.  Hard to think of anyone else.

The title says best “WR” group so when you don’t factor in TEs that does make a case for us being better than KC because Kelce truly runs that engine. Tampa and Buffalo and truly the top 2 in terms of being 5 deep.