Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing

HOUSE

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is probably a market for a t-shirt with a big Circle with line drawn through it with Watson's silhouette and words "no penis".

No-Need-4-Penis-small.gif

Same info as tweets:

https://clutchpoints.com/nfl-news-deshaun-watson-accusers-call-out-league-investigation/

“My forensic interview [with HPD] was very respectful and trauma-informed,” Baxley says. “They let me speak uninterrupted, whereas with Lisa Friel and the [other NFL investigator], they would cut me off, they would question things, they would circle back.” Baxley believes that they were “trying to trip me up. They didn’t, but they were really looking for the weaknesses that they thought they could exploit.”

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/13/report-grand-jury-subpoenas-are-being-sent-out-in-connection-with-deshaun-watson-allegations/ I know it’s been said before but we really are potentially looking at the end of a career. Just think years ago this guy was on top of the world.  What a ***** waste, all those kids that don’t even make it that are hungry for the opportunity and this guy who ends up making it throws it all away for sexual power 🤦‍♂️

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

On 8/13/2021 at 1:19 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/13/report-grand-jury-subpoenas-are-being-sent-out-in-connection-with-deshaun-watson-allegations/ I know it’s been said before but we really are potentially looking at the end of a career. Just think years ago this guy was on top of the world.  What a ***** waste, all those kids that don’t even make it that are hungry for the opportunity and this guy who ends up making it throws it all away for sexual power 🤦‍♂️

It's just a damned shame that the Jets or Dolphins didn't give up three or four first round picks for him in January.... 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/13/2021 at 6:57 PM, YoloinOhio said:

So….is this why Houston made Watson the highest paid member of a scout team defense and not QB1?

Or do you think Houston is trying to humble him for speaking out last year?

Maybe it’s both?

Edited by JohnNord
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

So….is this why Houston made Watson the highest paid member of a scout team defense and not QB1?

Or do you think Houston is trying to humble him for speaking out last year?

Maybe it’s both?

Probably a bit of both. They can’t really give him meaningful reps in camp knowing that the prospects of him being able to play are getting bleaker by the day. 

I’d assume Houston is completely resigned to being absolutely horrible this season, but they still have to make some sort of effort.

12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

One or two "opportunists" hopping on board the train to the tune of hoping for $$$? Sure. But to think that ALL of these women are lying? Yeah, not likely at all. That seems like the picture that Watson's lawyer wants to try and paint.  

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, H2o said:

One or two "opportunists" hopping on board the train to the tune of hoping for $$$? Sure. But to think that ALL of these women are lying? Yeah, not likely at all. That seems like the picture that Watson's lawyer wants to try and paint.  

I’ll say it again, the NFL is embarrassing themselves with how they’re handling this situation. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

They could be telling the truth AND trying to get money.

I wouldn't begrudge a person who wants to get paid for their trauma.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

They could be telling the truth AND trying to get money.

I wouldn't begrudge a person who wants to get paid for their trauma.

I understand they may want some form of recompense for what happened to them. I, personally, hope he faces criminal charges and jail time if these accusations are true. We know what would happen to the average person if they were guilty of these same accusations. What I am saying though is some may have hopped on just because they see it as an opportunity and only for that opportunity, not because they are necessarily looking for any form of justice for those with legitimate claims. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I’ll say it again, the NFL is embarrassing themselves with how they’re handling this situation. 

I agree it is embarrassing but how could they handle it better at this point? What does suspending him do that the Texans are not doing themselves?

4 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I agree it is embarrassing but how could they handle it better at this point? What does suspending him do that the Texans are not doing themselves?

And that is their problem. Let's say there is no criminal charge. If it is only civil then he will play in the league again and the NFL don't want to suspend him for a season he intended to sit out. It isn't an easy situation for the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

They can do a number of things: 

First, and foremost, is that they should place him on the commissioners exempt list. Essentially, this would remove him from the Texans 53 and make him ineligible to play (while still being paid). The NFL has an extensive history (Vick, Hardy, Hunt, etc) of using this process while legal proceedings are underway. It puts the onus on the league, instead of the team, to step in and handle the situation. 

Second, they could suspend him temporarily or indefinitely. There does not need to be a civil/criminal charge or a conviction to do so. So to answer your question, it would remove him from the team facilities and dock his pay. 

The NFL’s inaction while the legal proceeding play out, although the norm lately in many player situations, is a cop out. In my opinion, they are taking the easy road out, hiding behind due process instead of taking a stand against some obvious injustices. The league claims to champion social issues, promotes equality and wants to appear to be a progressive voice in our country, yet when faced with the chance to take a stand, does nothing. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1