Hunter Henry to Pats

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Colts and Browns as well 

Yeah, but the thing about NE is they're near the top for the next three years as well (click on the tabs). To be sure, the 2024 numbers aren't reliable given everything that is bound to happen between now and then, but they clearly have a plan. https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

But until they answer that question people can whistle up a storm because without a QB you are nothing

We barely beat them with Cam and no weapons and woulda lost without the fumble. Cam isn't great but can still be a problem with a good supporting cast, which he now has.

3 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Players will go to New England, of course. They just won't go for a discount. NE has now paid out the 2nd most guaranteed money in an offseason EVER. 

Can you clarify? For NE? Yes for the NFL I doubt it since only 3 have any real guarantee after year 1.

24 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Bill, they ALWAYS had a plan to go big on spending this year. They very clearly set themselves up last year to go big in 2021, and it was reported on. When the financial effect of COVID on the cap became known (which was well before the start of last season), they figured that having a ton of space this year (because more teams than ever would be up against it) would give them a competitive advantage in FA.  And they're not like the Bengals; their owner isn't cheap. 

Agree. But equally you would expect they have a plan at QB and I am still struggling to believe Cam is it. I think they are a very real candidate to trade up.

Just now, The Governor said:

I said a few weeks ago that this Bills team looks “soft” like Indy teams of the past.

Well, the Patriots obviously think so too and are building to exploit it.

They have a QB who can't throw and is one of the best runners to ever play the game at QB. THey had this guy last year too. THey realize now what he is. They are building an offense to suit him.