Update: broncos exercise Von Miller option, renegotiation very likey.

Bills have to clear cap space before they can sign any their own FA’s or other teams.  I’m sure something is going on in the background.  

Yeah Von may be a good player, but don’t think Beane will pay the $$$.  Feel he is looking for those guys who are a step from being really good and are not overpriced.   Who are they?  I have no idea.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe he and Me'Gan Denise get their own Disney show?... an unemployed LB and IG model and their wacky schemes to keep up their standard of living?  This week:  Me'Gan runs a dance school for the ladies of the neighbourhood.  The dance steps aren't what the ladies were expecting.

• Reed83HOF changed the title to Update: broncos exercise Von Miller option, renegotiation very likey.
15 minutes ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

What makes you think we're gonna sign Clowney?

Because we were interested and I believe we made him an offer before he resigned with Tennessee. Now that he’ll be extremely cheap it wouldn’t surprise me if Beane went for him on a cheap 1 year prove it deal. I think we’re going to do bargain FA signings this year

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/16/broncos-to-exercise-von-millers-option-for-2021/  we can cross Miller off the list. It’s looking more likely it’s going to be Clowney we sign.

What leads you to believe we’re going to add a DE in FA?  There’s been zero indicators of any interest.  I think we’re rolling with the same front 7 except for Star and I’m good with it.  Next year we should have a bunch of cap to work with and I think that’s when our SB window officially opens.  We are not a SB team just yet.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

What leads you to believe we’re going to add a DE in FA?  There’s been zero indicators of any interest.  I think we’re rolling with the same front 7 except for Star and I’m good with it.  Next year we should have a bunch of cap to work with and I think that’s when our SB window officially opens.  We are not a SB team just yet.

Well said - be prepared for the backlash however.  I too agree they are close but not quite there for a SB run......others on this board will strongly disagree with this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Wow, what a bummer 😖... so I guess we just wait til 2022.. what do we do this year then? Should we rest players this year, so they’re fresh for next year? 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ponch said:

Wow, what a bummer 😖... so I guess we just wait til 2022.. what do we do this year then? Should we rest players this year, so they’re fresh for next year? 

Yes, we should relegate ourselves the the CFL until next year.  🤡

Edited by Weatherman
  • Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There's a lot of cap space that could be created. You only get 1 chance at having a rookie franchise QB contract. 

You have to go for it when you have the chance. 

You have to go for it. But not at the expense of the next years.

They have made clear their goal is sustained, consistent competitiveness.

We're already down to $33M on next year's assumed cap. It was only a short time ago we were in the $50s. And not all the moves have hit Spotrac yet. That number will go down as they learn what the contract details will be on some of these moves.

They're likely to make a few more moves. But don't expect them to kick every can they can find down the road. Beane hasn't showed an interest in being that kind of GM. And thank goodness for that.

3 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

You have to go for it. But not at the expense of the next years.

They have made clear their goal is sustained, consistent competitiveness.

We're already down to $33M on next year's assumed cap. It was only a short time ago we were in the $50s. And not all the moves have hit Spotrac yet. That number will go down as they learn what the contract details will be on some of these moves.

They're likely to make a few more moves. But don't expect them to kick every can they can find down the road. Beane hasn't showed an interest in being that kind of GM. And thank goodness for that.

Beane has spent a lot of money on a very ineffective DL. He also wasted $7 million in cap space on Trent Murphy. 

So yes he's done a lot of good but taking a good team to the next level is the hardest part. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Beane has spent a lot of money on a very ineffective DL. He also wasted $7 million in cap space on Trent Murphy. 

So yes he's done a lot of good but taking a good team to the next level is the hardest part. 

Who are you to say what the hardest part is? Getting from consistently mediocre team to excellent team with a real possibility of being good for ten or fifteen years is just as hard.

And your first sentence is nonsense. This defense is good. Not great this last year, but once they got over the injuries and got used to working together as well as possible without Star, they were good. You don't become a good defense with a "very ineffective DL." You just don't. That's nonsense. Are they a great DL? No. Overpaid for their results? Yup. Not as good as they needed to be at getting to the passer? Agreed. Still pretty solid for a team that lost their space eater too late in the game to replace him well? Yeah, they were.

I guess I'm curious, did you reply to the wrong person or something? How does your post address anything I said? I talked about the fact that Beane is fiscally responsible, that he kicks a few cans down the road but not a lot. And that it appears unlikely that he will run around grabbing the glittering expensive FA prizes, as he says he doesn't do than and he's shown consistently that's not just lip service by not going after the most expensive guys even when he had the most FA $ in the league. None of what you talked about addresses that.

Some fans love bright shiny objects. Beane doesn't go that way.

Edited by Thurman#1

16 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Who are you to say what the hardest part is? Getting from consistently mediocre team to excellent team with a real possibility of being good for ten or fifteen years is just as hard.

And your first sentence is nonsense. This defense is good. Not great this last year, but once they got over the injuries and got used to working together as well as possible without Star, they were good. You don't become a good defense with a "very ineffective DL." You just don't. That's nonsense. Are they a great DL? No. Overpaid for their results? Yup. Not as good as they needed to be at getting to the passer? Agreed. Still pretty solid for a team that lost their space eater too late in the game to replace him well? Yeah, they were.

I guess I'm curious, did you reply to the wrong person or something? How does your post address anything I said? I talked about the fact that Beane is fiscally responsible, that he kicks a few cans down the road but not a lot. And that it appears unlikely that he will run around grabbing the glittering expensive FA prizes, as he says he doesn't do than and he's shown consistently that's not just lip service by not going after the most expensive guys even when he had the most FA $ in the league. None of what you talked about addresses that.

Some fans love bright shiny objects. Beane doesn't go that way.

I'm answering after the first sentence. I'll read after. 

Wouldn't you say the hardest part is getting to and winning a Super Bowl? That's the next step. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm answering after the first sentence. I'll read after. 

Wouldn't you say the hardest part is getting to and winning a Super Bowl? That's the next step. 

No, that's not the hardest part. That's the entire process. The process of getting to and winning a Super Bowl started four years ago when we hired McDermott.