Bills sign Matt Milano to 4 yr, 44 mill deal with 24 mill gtd

All the stuff about him wanting to test the market and buy a yacht - and Beane's apparent lack of enthusiasm to re-sign him - makes this news a surprise.

He's still a puzzle to me.  When I watch him play, he doesn't look like a difference maker, but the stats say he is.   

I guess I trust the metrics more than my own eyes because I was very happy to learn he re-signed.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Bye Edmunds.

I bet they do  5 th year option nex year on edmunds and evaluate during that if he really is essential at MLB. We can easily keep him if we choose to with bargaining power on our side until his rookie deal expires. Having said that, unless he has a really much more impressive  year than last year and learns how to use all that size to hit more impressively, or make more impact plays, I would be ok looking elsewhere. This guy needs to substantially make more impact plays. Either make more TFL, get more picks or show he can cover a tight end ( if he isn’t bailed out by the cb intercepting that pass in the end zone against Baltimore as the TE had broken away from him and had clearly beaten edmunds ), then all the hype around him is just that, Hype without substance and I am sure we could do better. 

I think M58 is a very good player.  

I thought Bean was in South Carolina today.   Maybe he was working on the plane. 

I believe the Bills have to play many good football games and not just worry about the team from KC.   

KC is not in our division which is the first step.  I would love to rush the passer better, but MM makes the Bills better and we have to win one game at a time.

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

All the stuff about him wanting to test the market and buy a yacht - and Beane's apparent lack of enthusiasm to re-sign him - makes this news a surprise.

He's still a puzzle to me.  When I watch him play, he doesn't look like a difference maker, but the stats say he is.   

I guess I trust the metrics more than my own eyes because I was very happy to learn he re-signed.  

From what we've seen of Milano he probably saw the yacht prices and figured he could just build his own boat.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

My crusade is pay pass rushers and OL, Milano isn’t closing the gap with the chiefs. We saw them in the playoffs, 2 out of 3 games the defense was shredded 

Pay elite pass rushers or corners, coverage linebackers at 11M a year not unless your last name is David 

This... 

You keep saying Milano isn’t closing the gap with the Chiefs.....not having him clearly would have made the gap larger.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, TH3 said:

You keep saying Milano isn’t closing the gap with the Chiefs.....not having him clearly would have made the gap larger.

People seem to be missing that just maintaining a good team is difficult let alone making it better. They want the flashy pass rusher.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think the tape showed how important he was. He's an elite LB. Probably could have gotten 12-13 per on a rebuilding team.  

This team seems to truly love it here n love their teammates 

Him and Edmunds are a top 3 coverage LB duo.

If Edmund's takes another jump, that's a scary sight

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

People seem to be missing that just maintaining a good team is difficult let alone making it better. They want the flashy pass rusher.

Rusher would be good too....but Milano makes plays....a lot of timely plays....those guys are hard to find....see Sabres....

A lot of Chiefs talk....Williams got demolished in the Chiefs game....so there is that

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Wow I guess my hopes came true lol. Although I wonder if he didn’t see anything in the market that appealed him enough to leave

I suspect his agent put out feelers, and the feedback was not worth a change of scenery, jmo. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Guess we should have kept John brown as well then.... let me ask you this 

if you could have Lawson or Milano, which would you want? That’s my point, if the contract takes away our ability to keep Williams or sign one of the DE’s being talked about then which makes more sense 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2