6 Dr. Seuss Books Won't Be Published for Racist Images

T&C

When your views are...

35 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

It might be some sort of trap to see who checks them out.  You see these far-left liberal PhD do-gooders are crafty and sneaky little twits.  They can find out what "racists" are checking out and reading them and then take the appropriate action to enforce their strict absolute moral code.  Is it just me that finds their behavior, while offensive and annoying, also comical in many ways? 

when the fact is...

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

you are an idiot and deserve zero discourse.

Good day.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Nobody said Dr. Seuss is bad. The Dr. Seuss foundation is going to stop selling a few of his less popular books that have racist depictions in them.

Then they are going to re-release them with updated pictures to try to sell copies of titles that no one has bought in decades. 

But this is as good a reason as any get your panties in a bunch and declare war! Kill the liberals for burning books! 

Kill them? No.  Admit them to some facility for the mentally ill?  Yes, as they must be delusional because they "find" racism behind every tree and under every rock.  I assume trees and rocks are racist too as some trees are taller than others and some rocks are bigger or smaller?  I sense an inequality issue here! 

The lives of these intellectually and morally superior super humans must be perfect because they apparently have no problems of their own to devote their time to handling and they are free to concentrate all their time and effort on finding fault and issues with everyone else.  Meanwhile, the rest of us are left to the dreary task of trying to scrape by and generally minding our own business without a care or concern about what Dr. Suess wrote or what pictures he used.  

17 minutes ago, 716er said:

When your views are...

when the fact is...

you are an idiot and deserve zero discourse.

Good day.

I deserve zero discourse.  Don't flatter yourself..

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'd have to wonder if Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn are available in their natural form at library's anymore... haven't been to a library in probably 20 years.

2 hours ago, T&C said:

What in the ***** is going on with this world? 

we live in a world where a famous black person was removed off of packaging of rice by the demand of mostly white people.

the company removed a black face from their product...so they can sell more rice.

and not be racist.

read that again.

now lets talk about pancakes and syrup. do you know who nancy green is? don't worry. that person will no longer spark curiosity about black history and culture.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/untold-story-real-aunt-jemima-fight-preserve-legacy/story?id=72293603

I was, I was taken aback. I was really shocked. I knew people didn't realize that those were real people and, you know, to phase them out, would kind of erase their history,” Harris said

No time ever have I heard anyone in my community say that this image was one that was derogatory. So I don't know where that sentiment is coming from," she said.

just a few examples of how the racists are winning.

keep up the good fight sjws! 

2 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

we live in a world where a famous black person was removed off of packaging of rice by the demand of mostly white people.

the company removed a black face from their product...so they can sell more rice.

and not be racist.

read that again.

now lets talk about pancakes and syrup. do you know who nancy green is? don't worry. that person will no longer spark curiosity about black history and culture.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/untold-story-real-aunt-jemima-fight-preserve-legacy/story?id=72293603

I was, I was taken aback. I was really shocked. I knew people didn't realize that those were real people and, you know, to phase them out, would kind of erase their history,” Harris said

No time ever have I heard anyone in my community say that this image was one that was derogatory. So I don't know where that sentiment is coming from," she said.

just a few examples of how the racists are winning.

keep up the good fight sjws! 

Nancy Green didn't come up with the formula for Aunt Jemima pancakes. The Pearl Milling company did, 40 years before they hired her at a casting call to play Aunt Jemima at live events. 

The owner of the company saw a minstrel show featuring a mammy character named Aunt Jemima, and decided to brand his pancake mix with the popular trope. It was popular because it communicated to white people that black women were happy in their servitude. 

b248eb5ef0e0649a42a42ea74c5ce8b5.jpg

Just in case anyone is into racist relics from the past, you can bid on Dr. Seuss drawings of slavery: https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.artnet.com/market/racist-dr-seuss-drawing-auction-302586/amp-page

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Motorin' said:

The decision was made by the Dr. Seuss Foundation, who are the owners of the books. 

There's 45 Dr. Seuss books, now 39 are going to be for sale. 

The conservative backlash to this is almost as funny as as the conservative demands to bring back Mr. Potato(e) Head's penis so they can play with his spud... (Mr. Potato(e) Head never had a penis, dummies.) 

In an unrelated new story, Super Man is an alien from another planet, he isn't a white anglo saxon. But the conservative backlash to the idea that there is going to be a black Super Man is hilarious. 

This. It's his own foundation making the decision, and yet people try to manufacture outrage. Kinda sad.

Change happens. Always has, always will. Society looks at things differently as we learn and change. Always have and always will. Pitiful how people get upset about it.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I just hope they don’t attempt to cancel all the guys books.

He was a great author, had a lot of great messages and if he knew any of his books were considered racist he’d probably be mortified based on what I’ve known about him

Agreed although I still find green eggs disgusting.  The Sneetches should be a required reading in elementary schools.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ironically he was a staunch liberal 

It's more a testament to how pervasive racism has been in our society and how our views on what's appropriate have changed over the last half century.

10 hours ago, T&C said:

I'd have to wonder if Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn are available in their natural form at library's anymore... haven't been to a library in probably 20 years.

Why would you care since you're bragging on using one in two decades?

• Like (+1) 1

It’s really hilarious seeing the right complain about banned books. The American Library Association puts together lists of the most challenged that people are trying to ban. They’re basically all things the right hates:

http://www.ala.org/advocacy/bbooks/frequentlychallengedbooks/top10

There was no outcry from the right when this happens. There is outcry now with Dr. Suess. Basically, they’re being hypocrites yet again.

• Like (+1) 3