Jump to content

Re-sign or “wave good-bye” series: Player 8 - TJ Yeldon


RB TJ Yeldon   

136 members have voted

  1. 1. Re-sign or wave good-bye?

    • Re-sign at whatever amount it takes to keep him
    • Offer a contract at a value determined by the team but if he’s offered more on open market, let him walk
    • Don’t offer a contract, thanks for the memories


Recommended Posts

TJ Yeldon is a UFA in 2021. He will turn 28 in October. Drafted 36th overall by the Jags in 2015, the Bills signed him to a 2 year deal in 2019 FA. He spent the majority of these two years inactive on GameDay. He has 1 TD in 2 years. He does not play ST but provides decent depth in the backfield and adds to the passing game.

 

Evidently not someone you want dating your sister 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t see why he’d even want to resign with us. 

The Bills have voted on this one.  Even when our run game was craptastic, this guy couldn't get on the field.   Whether that's due to what they see in practice or to unreasonable coaching pr

Honestly, I would have liked to have seen more of Yeldon in 2020.  I have nothing against bringing him back at the right price, but wouldn't be upset to see him go either.  A lot depends on how Beane/

Honestly, I would have liked to have seen more of Yeldon in 2020.  I have nothing against bringing him back at the right price, but wouldn't be upset to see him go either.  A lot depends on how Beane/McDermott plan on attacking our running game woes.  Are they of the opinion that our running game issues are rooted in the offensive line, or the running backs.  As a depth guy we could do worse...

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Honestly, I would have liked to have seen more of Yeldon in 2020.  I have nothing against bringing him back at the right price, but wouldn't be upset to see him go either.  A lot depends on how Beane/McDermott plan on attacking our running game woes.  Are they of the opinion that our running game issues are rooted in the offensive line, or the running backs.  As a depth guy we could do worse...

I agree. He was so underutilized but for whatever reason Daboll and McD went with their 3rd round duo instead. This organization has no intention of giving Yeldon a chance so there's no point in keeping him. Draft Najee and let the duo decide who's worthy of being Harris's backup. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

LA, that’s why I voted to let him go.  In two years they never have used him to his strengths so why bother keeping him?  This is a year picking at 30 where Harris makes sense.  It’s not like we are going to get a top flight Edge Rusher at that spot.

 

Yolo, thanks for doing this series.  It’s actually enjoyable to talk about in the off season.  I hope you consider making this a yearly thing in Februaries, as the free agent talk will heats up especially in March, we’ll see lots of releases, then it’s all draft, all the time in April.  
 

Then we just suffer with baseball until it starts again.  Sorry for you guys who like MLB, but for me the only thing worse than baseball is soccer.  Sorry GB and Aussie.  No futbol for me.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You can feel bad for Yeldon for not getting many opportunities in his time with the Bills, but don't feel too bad as he made millions of dollars for being a little-used insurance policy for two years....nice work if you can get it!!

 

I think the Bills let him walk, and I think Williams, the RB who showed flashes in the last game of the year vs the Dolphins will get a look at that third RB spot, especially if he can play ST, and if the Bills do not draft a RB.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

TJ Yeldon is a UFA in 2021. He will turn 28 in October. Drafted 36th overall by the Jags in 2015, the Bills signed him to a 2 year deal in 2019 FA. He spent the majority of these two years inactive on GameDay. He has 1 TD in 2 years. He does not play ST but provides decent depth in the backfield and adds to the passing game.

 

Evidently not someone you want dating your sister 

 

The Bills have voted on this one.  Even when our run game was craptastic, this guy couldn't get on the field.

 

Whether that's due to what they see in practice or to unreasonable coaching prejudice, who knows? but if you aren't gonna use him, lose him.

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

LA, that’s why I voted to let him go.  In two years they never have used him to his strengths so why bother keeping him?  This is a year picking at 30 where Harris makes sense.  It’s not like we are going to get a top flight Edge Rusher at that spot.

It's just frustrating for players like Yeldon, McKenzie and even Duke Williams. If your intent is to never play these guys stop stringing them along and cut them loose. And you're right, I just don't see an elite pass rusher worthy of that 30 pick. Maybe Basham falls to the 2nd round?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Special K said:

You can feel bad for Yeldon for not getting many opportunities in his time with the Bills, but don't feel too bad as he made millions of dollars for being a little-used insurance policy for two years....nice work if you can get it!!

 

I think the Bills let him walk, and I think Williams, the RB who showed flashes in the last game of the year vs the Dolphins will get a look at that third RB spot, especially if he can play ST, and if the Bills do not draft a RB.

Not sure if anyone is "feeling bad" for Yeldon...just wondering why he didn't get used much in 2020.  He played well with the few chances he had.  And, he had a size advantage over Singletary and Moss. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

The Bills have voted on this one.  Even when our run game was craptastic, this guy couldn't get on the field.

 

Whether that's due to what they see in practice or to unreasonable coaching prejudice, who knows? but if you aren't gonna use him, lose him.

 

I have been wathcing football long enough to know that the best players are not always on the field...even with the best coaching staffs.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buftex said:

Not sure if anyone is "feeling bad" for Yeldon...just wondering why he didn't get used much in 2020.  He played well with the few chances he had.  And, he had a size advantage over Singletary and Moss. 

 

I would have liked to see him active as the third RB, but this coaching staff expects its RB3 to play special teams, so Taiwan Jones got the nod over Yeldon....not sure if I agree with their strategy, but it is what it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on his lack of playing, and that he was a 2 million dollar cap hit, expect him to be gone.

 

I see us drafting a RB unless we land one through FA.  I’d prefer a RB1 if Beane can get one in the 2nd round.  If not, backup through the daft at rookie minimum.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

They won't offer him a contract. He should have been used more, but it is what it is. He'll land a backup gig somewhere. Adios TJ. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not being used, so there's little to no point keeping him.

 

Tbh, I think he has been very under-used in his time here, and I don't see that changing going forward.

 

No idea why that should have been the case, but it is what it is.

 

While there isn't likely to be much of a market for his services, at least he will have more chance of getting playing time if he can sign elsewhere, as I think he's a better player than we have given him the chance to show.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...