The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

It cannot get through the skulls of some folks here.  They will do ANYTHING not to admit reality, it’s basically the definition of insanity.

It's a cultural trait of these people, willful ignorance. 

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Nice, I appreciate the opportunity to mentor you and your ability to stand up on an issue.  

You mentoring anyone about anything is a joke. 

• Like (+1) 1

I dunno. A lot of the prior “bombshells” turned out to be duds. But this one is likely to stick. Just as Trump’s nicknames for his opponents (remember “Low Energy” Jeb?) stuck because there was a kernel of truth there. Temper tantrum baby Donnie works, just like that parade balloon caricature works. They fit our perceptions. 
That’s the political front. On the legal front, something important happened today. We learned that Trump knew (or as lawyers would say, had reason to believe) that his rally crowd had stuff with them that couldn’t make it through a metal detector. Let’s call this stuff “weapons.” And that he nevertheless directed them to go TO THE CAPITOL (his yelling, not mine). It’s slow, it’s methodical, it’s effective in the manner of a grand jury presentation. Will Trump be charged? Who knows. I like the GA election interference charge better. That one is pretty compelling. 

• Like (+1) 1

Trump lunged at Secret Service agent who said he couldn't go to Capitol on January 6: aide
The January 6 Select Committee held a hearing to reveal "recently obtained evidence" Tuesday. Cassidy Hutchinson, a former aide to Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, said that Trump insisted on going to the Capitol despite repeatedly being told he could not.

Former top aide to Trump White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, Cassidy Hutchinson, made the comments in a Jan. 6 Committee hearing Tuesday. She said that White House Counsel Pat Cipollone warned repeatedly that Trump going to the Capitol could put many people at the White House in legal jeopardy.

According to Hutchinson, former Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations Tony Ornato told her, "he was under the impression from Mr. Meadows that the off the record movement to the Capitol was still possible and likely to happen."

But when Secret Service agents broke the news to him, "the president had a very strong, very angry response to that. Tony described him as being irate. The president said something to the effect of, 'I'm the f-ing president, take me up to the Capitol now."

Hutchinson said Ornato also told her Trump tried to "grab at the steering wheel" of the "Beast" presidential limo, and Trump then lunged at the Secret Service agent in charge at the time.

https://www.foxnews.com/live-news/jan-6-committee-watch-live-tuesday-hearing

23 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Yet, you followed my instructions like a good soldier.  

With time you’ll come to appreciate my direction.  

You are an idiot 

Cover up is a crime, too 

The steering wheel and thrown food don’t have much legal implication, though they do suggest his state of mind. The more incriminating testimony was that he knew the crowd had weapons and didn’t care. He knew they weren’t going to injure him. He was fine with sending the people with the weapons up to the Capital. He was uninterested in the safety of the Vice President. He would have been happy if the mob killed Pence. Meadows participating in the meeting of the Trump nuts (Flynn, Giuliani, Stone) on the night of 1/5 also indicates planning for the following day. Stone had Oath Keepers for his personal body guards. Oath Keepers were one of the para military groups there on 1/6. Meadows and Giuliani requested pardons. 

Either it was a planned coup or all just an incredible coincidence of details and testimony under oath incriminating Trump. 

1 minute ago, Andy1 said:

The steering wheel and thrown food don’t have much legal implication, though they do suggest his state of mind. The more incriminating testimony was that he knew the crowd had weapons and didn’t care. He knew they weren’t going to injure him. He was fine with sending the people with the weapons up to the Capital. He was uninterested in the safety of the Vice President. He would have been happy if the mob killed Pence. Meadows participating in the meeting of the Trump nuts (Flynn, Giuliani, Stone) on the night of 1/5 also indicates planning for the following day. Stone had Oath Keepers for his personal body guards. Oath Keepers were one of the para military groups there on 1/6. Meadows and Giuliani requested pardons. 

Either it was a planned coup or all just an incredible coincidence of details and testimony under oath incriminating Trump. 

So if I understand you correctly the master plan was to overturn the election, over throw the government and then hold onto power under the protection of an unarmed guy in a bear suit? If that was the plan then I agree with you…Trump’s a nutcase! 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So if I understand you correctly the master plan was to overturn the election, over throw the government and then hold onto power under the protection of an unarmed guy in a bear suit? If that was the plan then I agree with you…Trump’s a nutcase! 

The plan was to have Mike Pence reject or delay certification of the election so that they would have more time to put pressure on the states to undo their results.

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

The plan was to have Mike Pence reject or delay certification of the election so that they would have more time to put pressure on the states to undo their results.

I see. And that was going to happen how exactly? Because Nancy was going to say “Well if Mike wants to delay it, I guess we have to!” ????

Just because their plan wasn’t iron clad logical means nothing. By this time Trump was ignoring the advice of the rational legal staff around him. He was only listening to the nuts he surrounded himself with : Guliani, Flynn, Stone, the pillow guy, the crazy woman lawyer, etc. There was nothing logical at all with that brain trust.

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I see. And that was going to happen how exactly? Because Nancy was going to say “Well if Mike wants to delay it, I guess we have to!” ????

Trump, Giuliani, and Eastman wanted Pence to delay the certification and send the election back to the states.

I agree that this is an insanely stupid idea that makes no sense, but it was the plan that the President of the United States was pushing. 

1 minute ago, Andy1 said:

Just because their plan wasn’t iron clad logical means nothing. By this time Trump was ignoring the advice of the rational legal staff around him. He was only listening to the nuts he surrounded himself with : Guliani, Flynn, Stone, the pillow guy, the crazy woman lawyer, etc. There was nothing logical at all with that brain trust.

Best thing I’ve read about this charade of a hearing yet….and quite possibly the most accurate.

29 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

We can’t undo the past Tibs, my guidance to you is a matter of public record.    

Let’s move on.  

You keep responding to someone that thinks you are an idiot. 

Let's move on 

13 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Exactly. There was one target on Jan 6, and one target only: Mike Pence. Trump was following the John Eastman script where Pence would refuse to certify the electoral slate from certain states. Pence wasn't going to do it, unless .... unless he legitimately feared for his life or safety, both on Jan 6 and later. It was a desperation move, but that was the plan.

Oh, there was another plan too: shut down the counting of the votes and the certification of the election by storming the Capitol. That might just delay things long enough for Pence to accept an offer he couldn't refuse.

And yes, the senile and moronic (sometimes both at the same time!) advisors actually thought this could work.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

4 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

They knew that their supporters would believe any garbage they vomited out, so the plan kind of didn't have to be intelligent. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

They knew that their supporters would believe any garbage they vomited out, so the plan kind of didn't have to be intelligent. 

And remember: many of these supporters (Ashli Babbitt was one notable example) were full-on, all-in, 100% QAnon adherents.

To them, this was it ... The Storm they were promised.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And remember: many of these supporters (Ashli Babbitt was one notable example) were full-on, all-in, 100% QAnon adherents.

To them, this was it ... The Storm they were promised.

Trump was right about one thing - he could shoot someone in the head on a sunny day, in the middle of 5th Avenue in NYC and his followers would still support him. They would still give him their money for his legal defense fund after he claims that he was set up by Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton.

37 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

28 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

15 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

1 hour ago, ALF said:

1 hour ago, 716er said:

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Peter Alexander

@NBCNews

Chief White House Correspondent 

LOL !

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Peter Alexander

@NBCNews

LOL !

This is good. @B-Man writes a post media can't be trusted, its unfair to Republicans. Then a Republican says something bad about Trump and  the "untrustable" media gets a source contridicting the story, and the media is great for a moment 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

He definitely is.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly. There was one target on Jan 6, and one target only: Mike Pence. Trump was following the John Eastman script where Pence would refuse to certify the electoral slate from certain states. Pence wasn't going to do it, unless .... unless he legitimately feared for his life or safety, both on Jan 6 and later. It was a desperation move, but that was the plan.

Oh, there was another plan too: shut down the counting of the votes and the certification of the election by storming the Capitol. That might just delay things long enough for Pence to accept an offer he couldn't refuse.

And yes, the senile and moronic (sometimes both at the same time!) advisors actually thought this could work.

You’re all forgetting ab important part of the Pence puzzle:

“At 2:26, after a team of agents scouted a safe path to ensure the Pences would not encounter trouble, Giebels and the rest of Pence's detail guided them down a staircase to a secure subterranean area that rioters couldn't reach, where the vice president's armored limousine awaited. Giebels asked Pence to get in one of the vehicles. 'We can hold here,' he said."

Pence told Giebels: "I'm not getting in the car, Tim."

"I trust you, Tim, but you're not driving the car. If I get in that vehicle, you guys are taking off. I'm not getting in the car," he said.

Source

Pence was smart enough not to go and was determined to stay and finish the job.

Of course the cult plays dumb and asks stupid questions because they play games and are purposely dishonest - aka @SoCal Deek.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

You keep responding to someone that thinks you are an idiot. 

Let's move on 

Exactly as I suggested above.  We’ll say it was your idea. 

I’m skipping ahead a bit, but when what happened here today clicks for you—and I’m confident it is not entirely impossible that you one day you will think for yourself and learn,  I wouldn’t be offended if you played this at PPP graduation:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Exactly as I suggested above.  We’ll say it was your idea. 

I’m skipping ahead a bit, but when what happened here today clicks for you—and I’m confident it is not entirely impossible that you one day you will think for yourself and learn,  I wouldn’t be offended if you played this at PPP graduation:

Have fun

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Peter Alexander

@NBCNews

LOL !

This tells you all you need to know about how dumb these arguments are. 

One person testifies under oath. 

Another person challenges that but not only will not testify under oath but they wont even put their name to their statement. 

That’s good enough for @B-Man! Priors are confirmed. So anonymous source outweighs sworn testimony. Even if the Secret Service has been cooperating with the investigation. 

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

This tells you all you need to know about how dumb these arguments are. 
One person testifies under oath. 

Another person challenges that but not only will not testify under oath but they wont even put their name to their statement. 

That’s good enough for @B-Man! Priors are confirmed. So anonymous source outweighs sworn testimony. Even if the Secret Service has been cooperating with the investigation. 

Wow, thats an impressive amount of gibberish.

It's not "Another Person" challenging that sonny, it is the actual agents and driver.   You know, the ones that the "under oath" person (who was not even there)

discusses.

They have already testified.  So if they do come out tomorrow and discredit today's democrat "bombshell" I am sure that @ChiGoose will admit his/her error.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1