Available players released from other teams

13 hours ago, Doc said:

I think they need to move-on from John Brown.  He's got a bad mix of age and cap number.  That being said, they need to replace his speed on offense so I'd talk to Stills and see what he'd be willing to take.

Or they could extend Brown 1 year, lower his cap his dramatically and not create another need. We can lower his cap hit significantly with some pretty basic changes in structure. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't get why so many are down on Brown.  He was great in 2019 and played well before the injury.  Of course he didn't get as many yards/catches cuz we added Diggs.  You gotta have more than 1 stud

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm sure one of two things is true:

1) after having a 3 week look at Stills, they decided he wasn't their kind of guy

2) they've already talked to Stills and his agent; he may already have an offer in hand (Darron Lee is said to have called into a talk show and said that he had an offer in hand from the Bills)

I wish they had signed Stills sooner so that he could have gotten into a real game near the end of the season.  And I'm sure they offered both cheap deals, especially Lee.

5 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

Or they could extend Brown 1 year, lower his cap his dramatically and not create another need. We can lower his cap hit significantly with some pretty basic changes in structure. 

Again, age and availability are the key concerns.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:10 PM, Doc said:

I wish they had signed Stills sooner so that he could have gotten into a real game near the end of the season. 

I expect Stills had something to do with that.  He was still earning guaranteed money from the Texans until the post-season.

I agree, for a guy to be a contributor, woulda helped a bunch to get him here earlier

And I'm sure they offered both cheap deals, especially Lee.

I don't know. 

I could have this wrong, but essentially his drafting team (Saints) moved on from him in FA and then two different teams swallowed cap hits, Dolphins in trade and Texans by cutting him with substantial guaranteed salary $, to move on

It's not like the Texans had overwhelming WR talent last year, either. 

Perhaps he just got a raw deal, or perhaps that's a giant red flag.  So Beane brought him in as a "break glass in emergency" guy for the playoffs, and the team had 3 weeks to evaluate his work ethic, practice habits, personality, etc.

Regarding any offer to Stills we've heard 🦗🦗.  Maybe there's a reason.

• Like (+1) 1
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

thanks.  either guy of interest here?  From the little research I did Allen looks like an interesting guy to bring in at CB depth.  

Edited by RyanC883
4 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

So this is an interesting article, projecting possible upcoming NFC cuts by Greg Rosenthal.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfc-cut-candidates-viable-releases-and-potential-surprises

The name that pops here, (especially if Watt goes elsewhere) is Chandler Jones. Definitely a guy that the Bills might want to take a look at.

The Eagles and Steelers cuts are going to be ridiculous 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
5 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

So this is an interesting article, projecting possible upcoming NFC cuts by Greg Rosenthal.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfc-cut-candidates-viable-releases-and-potential-surprises

The name that pops here, (especially if Watt goes elsewhere) is Chandler Jones. Definitely a guy that the Bills might want to take a look at.

Chandler Jones yes please

I didnt know Marquis Goodwin was still in the league. Man that crazy contract he got from 49ers such a terrible move. Such a from bad to worse move for Eagles to trade for him.

Goodwin is the only guy Ive ever heard a team say yep, we are trying to trade that dude. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I recall the Bills courting Boston in 2017.   The story was it came down to LAC and Buffalo, and God told him to choose the Chargers. 

Still a guy I would consider as a backup. 

I remember that then again that happened alot to the Bills back then players would use Buffalo as leverage to try to get an offer or similar money elsewhere...now we get to pick the free agents we target 

It’s going to keep coming, but don’t get excited as we don’t have the $ for these tickets, or they are too old.

A nice compliment to you guys is noticing on WGR how many of my guys here who put up great material becomes talking points after on WGR on the various shows.  Recently I’ve noticed how many draft prospects, or talking points, free agent prospects leads here, and then comes up on WGR within a day or two.  Hats off to some of you guys as I rarely see the opposite where they have a talking point, and then comes up here.  Not me.  All you guys so tip of the cap.

That is not a negative on them.  I just think they get free research from many of you.