Available players released from other teams

YoloinOhio

On 2/24/2021 at 12:07 PM, Just Joshin' said:

If Beane did this he would go down a notch IMO.  Don't sign old, injury prone receivers.

Beane has not made a habit of signing injury prone players....everything is case by case but I think it's clear they value availability.   Evidenced by the lack of injuries the last couple years.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I wanted him 2 years ago.  The Titans were able to get him for the same money as Beasley, and he's much younger.  But Beasley has far out-produced him.

I think the Pats really wanted him too. They went after both him and Beasley, and got neither 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/24/2021 at 9:07 AM, Just Joshin' said:

If Beane did this he would go down a notch IMO.  Don't sign old, injury prone receivers.

Looks fake but honestly if he came cheap.. what's the harm? Ya he can't stay healthy, but even if he's lost a step he's still faster than most, and when he's healthy he's played as an elite deep threat at times. But if beane paid too much for him then ya I wouldn't be excited about it.

Well, it’s liars season so I wouldn’t believe much.  The only reason to consider another WR is if negotiations (if they are happening at all) with Brown’s camp to reduce or restructure fails, and they feel compelled to release.  Besides, is it really sound to bring in a person who’s been injured several times.  We have other positions where we could use value players, and even at that, I don’t know we’ll be that busy in FA.  Not at least the first wave.  That’s reserved for the Jags, Jets, Pats, Colts, Broncos, WFT, Carolina, etc.

These guys will get value buys this year with their cap space, depending upon how many have free agents they want to extend.

On 2/22/2021 at 10:45 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think they did.  His name is AJ Klein, and he started 11 games for the Bills this year, of which we won 9. 

He's already on the roster, counted against the cap, and familiar with the defensive system.  And rumor has it Darron Lee has an offer sheet from the Bills.

No need to spend more cap dollars on an older vet linebacker with a problematic injury history, even if he was more athletic once upon a time.

We need to draft a LB though.

I like what I saw of Dane Jackson at CB this year and it sounds as though Beane did too.

It’s kind of like Bass in the beginning of the year, but for different reasons.  Bass had the gutters and needed to calm down.  Now we have one of the better long kickers in the league and he’s cheap.  Klein on the other hand didn’t have the system down, so it took awhile and then he improved.  There’s no doubt Milano is better, but it just seems the Bills are giving subtle notice they won’t compete with the teams that have tons of cap space.  I hate it, but it’s the reality of a good team.  They are going to lose people at times.  I hate it, but it’s true.

Im also very hopeful on Dane.  I don’t know how many resources we need to spend this off season on these spots.  I’m more concerned with a pass rush from the front four, and a running game.  My only last interest is TE.  Now whether it’s the running back or the line, I don’t know.  That line was excellent in pass pro all year.  I certainly don’t want sweeping changes, but I can hope and it’s just hope Ford showed some promise as a run blocking Guard.  Hap, you said it about Morse, he was not meant to be a mauler, but a pulling Center.  I could see Dawkins, Ford, and Morse used differently in the run game pulling to creat more seams for the RB’s.  It would be nice to see that improvement, so we can invest a little more on D. Williams to shore up the line.

• Like (+1) 1