Did Mahomes throw his guys under the bus in this post game clip?

JerseyBills

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

This is a classic example of bull#### media and highlights a problem with social media and all media.  

listen to the full clip and he said nothing wrong, he spread the problems with their offense evenly and accurately.   Listen to the edited clip and he is made to look like a blamer.  No story here.    

I thought similarly once I listened to the longer clip.  It speaks to though the media will twist words around so he’s not a rookie.  He should know to just say I could've done better, and I’m sure my teammates who I love feel the same, but comes back to me.

He should know people will parse his words bending to whatever they want to purvey.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Bills fans are becoming sore "almost winners."  Mahomes said nothing wrong.

3 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Eh, Flutie used to do the same. 

Flutie was far worse....always took credit, always blamed others.  Listening to him do interviews recently, doesn't sound like that mindset has changed much with him.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

Bills fans are becoming sore "almost winners."  Mahomes said nothing wrong.

Becoming? The need around here to tear others down at every opportunity over the last 12 months is borderline insufferable. Everyone else's nice things are damaged only our nice things are pure. 🙄

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Becoming? The need around here to tear others down at every opportunity over the last 12 months is borderline insufferable. Everyone else's nice things are damaged only our nice things are pure. 🙄

💯💯

That's Deep!!

9 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I've never heard him speak before, and honestly never cared to, but when my local radio show made fun of him sounding like one of the Muppets and played his presser, I honestly thought it was them making fun of his voice and not his actual presser. 

I have always thought he sounded like Kermit The Frog

• Agree 1

I have a difficult time listening to him without my throat going through a rollercoaster of emotions and physical discomfort.

This is going to bother me for the rest of the day ... possibly into the weekend.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

😂 🤦‍♂️ 😂 

Sorry, is this for real?

Maybe it’s just been 20 years of watching GOAT rip his teammates and coaches on national television and still be loved and bring home the super bowl hardware that makes these P15 comments seem almost harmless in comparison.

even on the 3 criticisms he listed...2 out of the 3 he put on himself.  Ball not coming out quick enough and not knowing where the WRs were going to be.

I get it though...I get the need to look for reasons that JA17 is better.  Well...he’s not.  So you will need to look harder.  I guess.  🤷‍♂️.

I agree that his comments even taken as out of context as they are being shown here aren't news-worthy.

Definitely doubt even "behind closed doors" that his teammates would take any offense if you listen to the entire discussion. He was specifically asked about the poor offensive line and WR play, and deflected it pretty well. Would "I/We all have to get better" be more appropriate? Sure, maybe.

Yeah, some people use this as a measuring stick of QB capability here. Probably a misguided measuring stick.

But as to the definite statement of "Mahomes is better", I do think the Super Bowl and the results show that it isn't either as big a gap or insurmountable a gap as either you or the general public like to believe. "That was just one game" shows what happens to Mahomes when life isn't perfect, and he performed arguably worse than JA17 did in either of his losing playoff appearances.

Most likely, this isn't a big deal. But Mahomes is a bit of a crossroads here. His early career has been wildly successful, he has become extremely well paid, the face of the league. This was the first game in 3 years as a starter where he just got hammered. It happens. How does he handle it?

A presser where he passes blame on his teammates? Ok not great, but he was frustrated

GF and Mom taking to social media to blame everyone but Patrick? Not great

Media still kissing his ass over his incompletions? This I don't get. Mahomes is great, but he is not without criticism. He had less than a hundred yards passing at the end of the 3rd quarter. Regardless of what was happening in that game, thats not good enough.

Seeing how PM handles this going forward will be interesting. If things are going well, this wont be an issue. But if they lay an egg in 2 of the first 3 games next year, lets see how he reacts. You always learn who people are when they get knocked in the mouth

• Like (+1) 1

What is this weird obsession with trying to trash Mahomes? It goes back to that awful, stupid thread during his first training camp when he threw interceptions in practice haha. 

this is weird. We legit have a franchise qb for the first time in like 20 years and people want to spend their energy on this? Don’t hate. Congratulate. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

The first person he criticizes is himself...   Then he mentions mistakes by other position groups.   Basically, he's saying no one involved in the passing game executed well enough.   

Which - when you consider the scoreboard - is true.

I think the guys in the KC locker room give him a pass on this.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

The first person he criticizes is himself...   Then he mentions mistakes by other position groups.   Basically, he's saying no one involved in the passing game executed well enough.   

Which - when you consider the scoreboard - is true.

I think the guys in the KC locker room give him a pass on this.

Agree. It was clumsy and it did kinda throw his guys under the bus... but it was absolutely not a diva blaming everyone else. He literally starts his answer by criticising himself. I just think he was shell shocked.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Spot on.  It’s pathetic 

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I have a difficult time listening to him without my throat going through a rollercoaster of emotions and physical discomfort.

This is going to bother me for the rest of the day ... possibly into the weekend.

Don't let it ruin your Valentines Day.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I don't think it is that bad after listening to the extended clip. He basically says the whole offense laid an egg and included himself in there. Then said TB was just better that day and executed on defense at a higher level than they did on O.

I heard the same thing. Mountain out of a mole hill.

I wonder how his career goes. It will be fun to watch.

Russell Wilson went to 2 straight SBs early in his career and then played well on a good but not great team ever since and has never been back for 7+ years now. 

Everyone assumed we would be seeing Russ in that game a few more times, just like Mahomes now.

There is a very real chance that Mahomes and the Chiefs don't get back for quite a long time, if ever. The AFC is loaded with good young QBs. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

I wonder how his career goes. It will be fun to watch.

Russell Wilson went to 2 straight SBs early in his career and then played well on a good but not great team ever since and has never been back for 7+ years now. 

Everyone assumed we would be seeing Russ in that game a few more times, just like Mahomes now.

There is a very real chance that Mahomes and the Chiefs don't get back for quite a long time, if ever. The AFC is loaded with good young QBs. 

I think they will be back. They are going to make the playoffs every year. I don't think they will be back in the big game every year but they will be in more Superbowls in the Mahomes era. I mean just not blowing every first round pick would have helped Seattle. If you want to know why they haven't been back look at their draft record since 2014. I'd be stunned if Mahomes never makes another. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they will be back. They are going to make the playoffs every year. I don't think they will be back in the big game every year but they will be in more Superbowls in the Mahomes era. I mean just not blowing every first round pick would have helped Seattle. If you want to know why they haven't been back look at their draft record since 2014. I'd be stunned if Mahomes never makes another. 

Back in the day, lots of folks thought the same about Dan Marino.  Times change - coaches, injuries, personnel, etc. 

6 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Back in the day, lots of folks thought the same about Dan Marino.  Times change - coaches, injuries, personnel, etc. 

I get it. But I just think this Chiefs team is well set and the two most consistent alternatives in the AFC over the past two years - Baltimore and Buffalo are both teams they match up really well with. I'd be shocked if the Chiefs are not back in the Superbowl at least once in the next 4 seasons. I don't think they will make it every year, but I think they start next season clear AFC favourites again.