Jump to content

McDermott says “they’ve got a lot of speed”


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t care what McClappy says. I want super bowl wins. If he can’t start delivering, he can start looking elsewhere. 

McD, you didn’t get out-sped, you got outcoached BADLY. It’s like he didn’t even know what playoff football was about 

They played Legion of Doom style like Seattle did back in the days...commit defensive holding and illegal contact downfield on every passing play and dare the refs to call it.  They have swallowed the

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Did he also say that they out executed us? 

While it seems obvious, if you’ve seen the video...I’m just saying, as the off-season evolves, I think this is a theme you will see with our additions, is getting this team faster 

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FluffHead said:

While it seems obvious, if you’ve seen the video...I’m just saying, as the off-season evolves, I think this is a theme you will see with our additions, is getting this team faster 


im in a bar... I haven’t seen the video so just asking the question:.. he says the “execution” thing a lot though....

Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve had the opportunity to draft some really fast skill players the past few years and we wasted those picks on guys like Singletary, Moss and Ford.  It will be hard to catch up with KC in that area...

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All season it's been the glaring weakness on our roster. We don't have elite speed.

 

Looking forward to seeing who we get. Also, while it sucks, I wonder what we do at RB. Two 3rd rounders into Singletary and Moss. Yikes.

 

Edit: with regard to today's game. We got out played waaaay beyond speed. Their WR coverage and DLine crushed us.

Edited by NickelCity
  • Like (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mannc said:

We’ve had the opportunity to draft some really fast skill players the past few years and we wasted those picks on guys like Singletary, Moss and Ford.  It will be hard to catch up with KC in that area...

You always draft the speed guys,  Metcalf in this game would have been a huge difference

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I don’t care what McClappy says. I want super bowl wins. If he can’t start delivering, he can start looking elsewhere. 

Well. Kay Stephenson  might be willing to make a comeback... :wallbash::rolleyes:

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

All season it's been the glaring weakness on our roster. We don't have elite speed.

 

Looking forward to seeing who we get. Also, while it sucks, I wonder what we do at RB. Two 3rd rounders into Singletary and Moss. Yikes.

 

Edit: with regard to today's game. We got out played waaaay beyond speed. Their WR coverage and DLine crushed us.

Yes.

 

The KC defense and subsequent effect on the Bills O was massive. WR's couldn't get open, Josh was harried.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We need more than speed.

We need a strength, size & power on the lines. Being able to collapse the pocket, stuff the run, pressure the QB, etc. would in turn help our secondary. Our O-line has played great all year, but reinforcing that group & giving them a stud RB would make us less one-dimensional.

Aside from that, it's about execution. I've been a broken record on this for years when people b*****d about our Offensive Coordinators, but when you don't execute on the field, it doesn't matter who's calling the plays. We've seen it in many games where the playcalls have been perfect, but a dropped pass, an overthrown deep ball, a missed block, etc. just ruins it.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

All season it's been the glaring weakness on our roster. We don't have elite speed.

 

Looking forward to seeing who we get. Also, while it sucks, I wonder what we do at RB. Two 3rd rounders into Singletary and Moss. Yikes.

 

Edit: with regard to today's game. We got out played waaaay beyond speed. Their WR coverage and DLine crushed us.

If you mean condoned PI on every okay😫

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

We need more than speed.

We need a strength, size & power on the lines. Being able to collapse the pocket, stuff the run, pressure the QB, etc. would in turn help our secondary. Our O-line has played great all year, but reinforcing that group & giving them a stud RB would make us less one-dimensional.

Aside from that, it's about execution. I've been a broken record on this for years when people b*****d about our Offensive Coordinators, but when you don't execute on the field, it doesn't matter who's calling the plays. We've seen it in many games where the playcalls have been perfect, but a dropped pass, an overthrown deep ball, a missed block, etc. just ruins it.

Star would have made a large “no pun intended” difference in the box.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yes.

 

The KC defense and subsequent effect on the Bills O was massive. WR's couldn't get open, Josh was harried.

 

They played Legion of Doom style like Seattle did back in the days...commit defensive holding and illegal contact downfield on every passing play and dare the refs to call it.  They have swallowed their whistles the entire playoffs so far and today's game was no execption.  Should have been better prepared to deal with it but we were not. 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Niagara Dude said:

I feel the same way,  

 
I mean, isn’t that why we play the game? To win super bowls. Anything less is failure. We have spent near the cap without signing Allen to large money without a super bowl, That’s failure. I don’t care what anyone says. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...