Jaguars officially hire Urban Meyer as HC

YoloinOhio

Just now, HappyDays said:

Did they change the rule? Last year the rule was you can't be on if you have a 1st year head coach, or have been in the playoffs within the last 2 seasons, or have already been on the show within the last 10 years. Under those rules it's Cowboys, Giants, Panthers, Broncos, or Cardinals.

That’s only the rule for the NFL forcing a team to participate. Been that way for years.

The NFL isn’t glamorous man unless you win it all. You’re in the office 18-hours a day, sleeping on couches, eating pizza out of the box, grinding, studying tape relentlessly.

Meyer has turned around every team he’s been on, but you have to wonder if he’s really going to outscheme the veteran coaches in the league. 

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The NFL isn’t glamorous man unless you win it all. You’re in the office 18-hours a day, sleeping on couches, eating pizza out of the box, grinding, studying tape relentlessly.

Meyer has turned around every team he’s been on, but you have to wonder if he’s really going to outscheme the veteran coaches in the league. 

I don’t think he will be much into the scheming. I think he will be more of the CEO/ face of the franchise HC. Coordinators will handle the schemes 

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he will be much into the scheming. I think he will be more of the CEO/ face of the franchise HC. Coordinators will handle the schemes 

I have to ask then... What's the point? He's not recruiting high school kids. Im guessing he will be the new highest paid coach in the league (not sure if those terms have been released yet). Seems like a ridiculous hire any way its spun. 

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I have to ask then... What's the point? He's not recruiting high school kids. Im guessing he will be the new highest paid coach in the league (not sure if those terms have been released yet). Seems like a ridiculous hire any way its spun. 

He’s a program builder, and they need a complete overhaul. He will be involved in approving  game plans and obviously game management but he won’t be calling plays or anything. At Ohio state he was in a CEO type role almost the entire time. This is what McDermott does btw. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a program builder, and they need a complete overhaul. He will be involved in approving  game plans and obviously game management but he won’t be calling plays or anything. At Ohio state he was in a CEO type role almost the entire time. This is what McDermott does btw. 

Agree to disagree... McD had his arse in the grass in the NFL for years coming to the Bills. Meyer has been chilling on the couch for 2 years + with no prior NFL experience. When LF doesn't get the job done on D McD takes the playcalling. I dont see what he brings to the table.

Edited by Bferra13

5 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Agree to disagree... McD had his arse in the grass in the NFL for years coming to the Bills. Meyer has been chilling on the couch for 2 years + with no prior NFL experience. When LF doesn't get the job done on D McD takes the playcalling. I dont see what he brings to the table.

On record McDermott has only taken play calling duties from Frazier once in 4 years.

Fans act like it happens four times a year. It's happened once

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bferra13 said:

Agree to disagree... McD had his arse in the grass in the NFL for years coming to the Bills. Meyer has been chilling on the couch. I dont see what he brings to the table.

It is a similar role for the team. Not similar background. Jax hired someone to come in build a program and change the culture. He will have his coordinators deal with the Xs and Os though I’m sure he will provide input. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

On record McDermott has only taken play calling duties from Frazier once in 4 years.

Fans act like it happens four times a year. It's happened once

Very true. I remember the results were darn good after that happened though. I think that's why it sticks in people's minds. Very easily could have been from a number of factors though.

Edited by Bferra13

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yolo , as a fellow big buckeye guy, how big is this for this moribund Jax franchise  His “above the line” philosophy and accountability are things Jax has lacked since coughlin went into Buffalo with Boselli and beat Bruce while ending Jimbo’s career  I gave up my founding member jag season tickets after that and never regretted it as they have been boring and struggled just like the Bills during their drought   This will turn Jax into a legit franchise again   Sure wish urban was back at Ohio state tho  I haven’t been to  jags game in forever now as it conflicts too often w my only love the Bills. Now with urban being 20 min away ( and amazing fact , I did my medical residency at MERCY HOSPITAL in Toledo and Urban and Jim harbUgh were both BORN, delivered at that unit and that’s where I learned how to and performed my first solo delivery! ) I may go take in a game just to support a fellow native buckeye , and I may see if I can get an autograph and maybe take a little creative liberty and shake hands with him using the hand that may have been responsible for his first tears!  

Lol!   ( I am 63 so unless urban is around 38-40 , he prob got out of the womb before I had a shot at him! ) Harbaugh may have been dropped on his head , ending up In Michigan!  Hey those babies can shoot out like a pouncy snap over big Ben’s head, so you can’t catch em all! Esp if the Med record showed the parents were from MICHIGAN!   Lol  !!!😂😂  OH ——  IO ! 

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Good luck getting players if they move to London.

More fool them. It is the greatest city on earth.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It is a similar role for the team. Not similar background. Jax hired someone to come in build a program and change the culture. He will have his coordinators deal with the Xs and Os though I’m sure he will provide input. 

Completely correct. And the Jags needed that so badly. When was the last time anyone really knew who was running the ship in Jacksonville? Well they will know now. They are all living in Urban's world.