Jaguars officially hire Urban Meyer as HC

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

What long term College coach other than Pete Carroll has had any real recent success in the NFL? 

And Pete Carroll was an NFL head coach before he was a college head coach. 

Urban is an excellent coach and believe me I am no fan of Urban the man. He is a leader and a CEO who will let everyone in Jacksonville know who is running the show. I think they needed that. He gets Trevor Lawrence too, so he has a chance to succeed. I am glad it isn't the Bills taking the risk but I am looking forward to seeing how this thing works.... or doesn't as the case may be.

• Like (+1) 1

If I’m one of the dozen Jags fans, I’m NOT excited by this. You can’t “out-recruit” because of the Jags name in the NFL.  It’s the pros, new ballgame. He might be just fine, but how long is he going to last? His track record says not all that long before he’s retired again, for whatever reason.

NEVER in a million years would I trade McD for Meyer. I feel like we have a real and long term solution. They have a short term big splash, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, stuvian said:

Lou Holtz, Chip Kelly, Bobby Petrino...the list goes on. Perhaps none as great as George O'Leary

How much success did any of them really have? They all were back in college quickly...

If Meyer thought the pressure and workload of college football was too much he has another thing coming in the NFL

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

How much success did any of them really have? They all were back in college quickly...

If Meyer thought the pressure and workload of college football was too much he has another thing coming in the NFL

I think he was being sarcastic....

I have no idea if it will work for Meyer... but I do like the hire. I think the Jags desperately needed a sheriff in town and Urban is gonna be that without question. If Trevor Lawrence is as good as we think he has every chance to make it work.

• Thank you (+1) 1