Jaguars officially hire Urban Meyer as HC

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

Bills play in Jville next season. Easy 3 hour drive from SC. Saw a few Bills games there. The 1pm September games are brutally hot though. 

It’s a good place to see a game. Think I’ve been 3x counting the playoff game in 2017. Will probably try and go again next year if it’s a good weekend. Stay over on the beach, eat some seafood & drink beer and catch an Uber over to the game. Solid weekend.

• Like (+1) 1

LOL Jags.

Meyer comes from a planet where you can win multiple championships with Tim Tebow and the best QB.  His Florida tenure was filled with arrested players and the infamous "Circle of Trust".   Then he also disappeared with a bad case of agita....

He's a world class low life.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Recent. Not 30 years ago.

Chip Kelly was somewhat successful early in his tenure with the Eagles. Obviously that didn't work out (neither did the 49ers stint) but I think that was sort of successful. 

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Lou Holtz, Chip Kelly, Bobby Petrino...the list goes on. Perhaps none as great as George O'Leary

Nick Saban is still hated by Dolphins fans.  Others include Butch Davis in Cleveland, Steve Spurrier in Washington (although he was a success in the USFL prior to his college coaching stints), and back in the 1970s Bud Wilkinson with the St. Louis Cardinals.  Some would add our boy Doug Marrone to the list.

The only one who came out of college and succeeded that I can think of is Jimmy Johnson. 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Recent. Not 30 years ago.

I didn't see your point about recent.  I guess i am getting old.   I remember his days at UM and then in Dallas pretty well.   30 years goes fast in certain memories, but not in others.   It felt like 3 lifetimes since the Bills had won a playoff game. 

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He will probably raise his hand to be on it 

Were you a fan of Urban at Ohio State? He certainly improved the talent level and Win Loss record.   I would imagine he's a popular guy in the Buckeye State.

3 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

I didn't see your point about recent.  I guess i am getting old.   I remember his days at UM and then in Dallas pretty well.   30 years goes fast in certain memories, but not in others.   It felt like 3 lifetimes since the Bills had won a playoff game. 

To us old guys 30 years ago is recent.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

LOL Jags.

Meyer comes from a planet where you can win multiple championships with Tim Tebow and the best QB.  His Florida tenure was filled with arrested players and the infamous "Circle of Trust".   Then he also disappeared with a bad case of agita....

He's a world class low life.

He is a difficult person to respect. He is a very good football coach though. Whether it translates to the NFL I have no idea.

• Like (+1) 1