Jump to content

Leslie Frazier interviewing for Texans job


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Already interviewed a minority candidate. Can people please stop bringing up Rooney rule whenever a minority coach is interviewed. It's very disrespectful. 

Frazier very under rated around here   He is a very good coach   Play calling a bit rough at times but the defense has developed players and when a guy goes down other players step

Good. He blows.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, StHustle said:

 

You mean being realistic? Be mad at the rule...not me. This is thought most will have with that rule in place unless it's a top prospect. I wouldn't have said that about Eric Bieniemy. They passed on him so why would I think they are serious about Frazier??

 

Maybe they have similar doubts about how much of the KC offense is Eric Reid that some have about how much of the Buffalo offense is Sean McDermott

Maybe their defense is struggling more than their offense so they specifically want a HC from the defensive side

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...I'm hearing some horrible stuff on this post, racial, and otherwise classless.

 

Frazier was an experienced HC who made a playoff run. Worked w Dungy and saw how it was supposed to be done. He's led a top Defense here, and excelled, despite some loss of personel this year, got them back into form. He is a great canidate and wish him well.

 

If Texans wanted to satisfy Rooney rule, they would simply have given Crennel an interview. I believe he is a serious canidate. Frasier deserves a lot better than a few of you are speaking about.

 

This guy is OUR dude and he deserves a lot better and more respectful than what I'm hearing!

 

 

 

 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Wow...I'm hearing some horrible stuff on this post, racial, and otherwise classless.

 

Frazier was an experienced HC who made a playoff run. Worked w Dungy and saw how it was supposed to be done. He's led a top Defense here, and excelled, despite some loss of personel this year, got them back into form. He is a great canidate and wish him well.

 

If Texans wanted to satisfy Rooney rule, they would simply have given Crennel an interview. I believe he is a serious canidate. Frasier deserves a lot better than a few of you are speaking about.

 

This guy is OUR dude and he deserves a lot better and more respectful than what I'm hearing!

 

Agree!

 

Matt Parrino sets it out well:

 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2021/01/bills-leslie-frazier-to-interview-for-texans-head-coaching-job-per-reports.html

 

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

His profile was actually stronger in ‘18 and ‘19 when his defenses were top 5. Never got the profile boost from the 

‘18 season because the offense was in the high 20s. 

 

Defense was #18 on points in 2018.  16th against the run.

 

Last year, we were legit good across the board, but performance in the 2nd half of the Texans game overshadowed that a bit.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It isn't unreal at all.  Frazier was and is a very good DC.  He had a run as a head coach and failed, landed on his feet as DC.  Smart teams realize that very few succeed on their second chance.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Wow...I'm hearing some horrible stuff on this post, racial, and otherwise classless.

 

Frazier was an experienced HC who made a playoff run. Worked w Dungy and saw how it was supposed to be done. He's led a top Defense here, and excelled, despite some loss of personel this year, got them back into form. He is a great canidate and wish him well.

 

If Texans wanted to satisfy Rooney rule, they would simply have given Crennel an interview. I believe he is a serious canidate. Frasier deserves a lot better than a few of you are speaking about.

 

This guy is OUR dude and he deserves a lot better and more respectful than what I'm hearing!

 

 

Texans have already interviewed Jim Caldwell and Marvin Lewis. This is not a Rooney Rule interview. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, WMDman said:

cant imagine he gets the job but hey its the texans so who knows

I'd be shocked if he gets another HC job anywhere in the league.

 

He's one of many ex-HCs who will be permanently demoted back to the coordinator level, where he belongs.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jethro_tull said:

It isn't unreal at all.  Frazier was and is a very good DC.  He had a run as a head coach and failed, landed on his feet as DC.  Smart teams realize that very few succeed on their second chance.  

 

And he is 61, a low key type of guy, a defensive guy, in a market where they want a splash and to build an offense around their top 5 QB.... I just don't know how exciting a hire Leslie is, but he is a good dude and a good coach. 

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jethro_tull said:

It isn't unreal at all.  Frazier was and is a very good DC.  He had a run as a head coach and failed, landed on his feet as DC.  Smart teams realize that very few succeed on their second chance.  

 

And yet, as your data implies, quite a number of HC who went on to be OCs or DCs have been offered a second chance

Quite a number of 1st time candidates also fail, so by that logic one shouldn't hire one of them either

And then there's the college ranks, what's the record there?

 

The point is people learn and grow, and a good coach may be well deserving of a 2nd look.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Good. He blows.

 This is a very shallow, and in my opinion baseless opinion. Granted the D has been somewhat less effective this year but they have been league leaders under his coaching previously.  He is also asst. HC in Buffalo with the owner’s recommendation.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GunnerBill said:

And he is 61, a low key type of guy, a defensive guy, in a market where they want a splash and to build an offense around their top 5 QB.... I just don't know how exciting a hire Leslie is, but he is a good dude and a good coach. 

 

And since he is a defense guy he can find an on and upcoming coach to be OC and would get control of offense which he would not get under a HC with offense background.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

And yet, as your data implies, quite a number of HC who went on to be OCs or DCs have been offered a second chance

Quite a number of 1st time candidates also fail, so by that logic one shouldn't hire one of them either

And then there's the college ranks, what's the record there?

 

The point is people learn and grow, and a good coach may be well deserving of a 2nd look.

 

If Leslie was 51 he'd have been gone in 2018 (when he did interview with the Colts) or last year (when I don't think he had any interviews as I recall). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Process said:

Do the bills get draft picks if he gets hired, under the new rule?

 

Yes but under the terms of compensatory picks it will be forwarded to the New England Patriots ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

And yet, as your data implies, quite a number of HC who went on to be OCs or DCs have been offered a second chance

Quite a number of 1st time candidates also fail, so by that logic one shouldn't hire one of them either

And then there's the college ranks, what's the record there?

 

The point is people learn and grow, and a good coach may be well deserving of a 2nd look.

 

 

 

Marv Levy anyone? Isnt it amazing how little people learn from our own history?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...