John Brown need you to step up going forward

ILBillsfan

36 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Going to say I was most disappointed in Brown on Saturday and was really expecting him to be a bigger factor in the Game Saturday.

Couple of plays that really could of had different outcomes the first was the play where he was open and the ball went right through his hands and up in the air that a lot of times end up as pick.  And the second was very similar to the fourth down play last year in Baltimore where he needs to attack back inside.  On the almost pick imo he did not again attack the ball towards the middle that let the CB get the inside position and the potential pick.

Davis seemed to be the second option.  Maybe it is still a little rust but I think to beat Baltimore you have to again get out ahead of them and neutralize the run game of Baltimore and make Jackson beat you with his arm and to optimize that need all receivers to really bring that A game and not see a repeat of what I seen from John Brown this last weekend.

I think he was still knocking off a little rust. He should be fine

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Going to say I was most disappointed in Brown on Saturday and was really expecting him to be a bigger factor in the Game Saturday.

Couple of plays that really could of had different outcomes the first was the play where he was open and the ball went right through his hands and up in the air that a lot of times end up as pick.  And the second was very similar to the fourth down play last year in Baltimore where he needs to attack back inside.  On the almost pick imo he did not again attack the ball towards the middle that let the CB get the inside position and the potential pick.

Davis seemed to be the second option.  Maybe it is still a little rust but I think to beat Baltimore you have to again get out ahead of them and neutralize the run game of Baltimore and make Jackson beat you with his arm and to optimize that need all receivers to really bring that A game and not see a repeat of what I seen from John Brown this last weekend.

He looked like he wasn't 100 % ...  

Maybe another week and he'll be closer to 100%

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

He looked like he wasn't 100 % ...  

Maybe another week and he'll be closer to 100%

Yeah on the pass in the end zone and even last week on the TD there still seemed to be a bit of favoring on that ankle/knee

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Did McKenzie even step on The field? I’m not sure he hasn’t earned some touches the way he’s played all year. His quickness is an asset and that jet motion causes problems for the defense. 

As for Brown, he was never open the last time the bills played the Ravens. 

From what I read ...  He was also hobbled with his injury 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Did McKenzie even step on The field? I’m not sure he hasn’t earned some touches the way he’s played all year. His quickness is an asset and that jet motion causes problems for the defense. 

Thought I read only 2 plays was McKenzie on the field was strange to see his numbers that low

Smoke had a poor game and needs to do better this time around. 

If the Ravens are going man to man they will eventually try to flex towards Diggs (because he will be burning them).  And when they do, Smoke needs to make the most of his limited targets and make the Ravens pay.

On the positive side G Davis played above expectations.  He may have earned himself some more targets.  I was a little down on him before but he redeemed himself in a big way.

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He was the #1 WR they most likely doubled him alot. I don't think they can double him this time

Really not sure how healthy he is. Once he is going in a straight line he looks okay but he doesn't appear to me to have full fluidity in his movements - I think you can see that on the near INT in the endzone where he struggles to adjust to the throw Josh attempts to squeeze in. 

Might be wrong but I don't think he is anywhere close to 100%

26 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

We also didn't have Diggs that year.

• Like (+1) 1