Zack Moss- injury updates- McDermott confirms Out

NewEra

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

They are #2 guys.  Similar to Damian Williams last year.  Sony Michel/James White the year before.  Lagarette Blount the year before.  

Are you suggesting that we upgrade?  If so, with which resource?  1st or 2nd rd pick?  Or a 8+ mill dollar salary? 

Beane tried to sign Melvin Gordon. He would have been a terrific addition, especially now. There are inexpensive options that don't involve a high pick. 

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Not just pass catching Yeldon can pick up blitz. 

Pass protection is way more important than everyone seems to be giving credit.  As much as we pass this should be a big tell on who gets the nod.

Edited by Lagoon Blues
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, finn said:

Beane tried to sign Melvin Gordon. He would have been a terrific addition, especially now. There are inexpensive options that don't involve a high pick. 

Me: 

Are you suggesting that we upgrade?  If so, with which resource?  1st or 2nd rd pick?  Or a 8+ mill dollar salary? 

Melvin Gordon is getting paid 8 million a year.  

I’d love to add an inexpensive option at RB.  I just don’t think we have the cap room to sign a RB that would be considered in the upper tiers.  I had mentioned Leonard Fournette previously.  I dunno what he’s going to cost, but his power and speed would fit perfectly imo.  

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Me: 

I’d love to add an inexpensive option at RB.  I just don’t think we have the cap room to sign a RB that would be considered in the upper tiers.  I had mentioned Leonard Fournette previously.  I dunno what he’s going to cost, but his power and speed would fit perfectly imo.  

I’d like to see a fast dynamic RB. Maybe a guy even similar to Hines type. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, JimBob2232 said:

We need a back this off-season.  We don’t have a guy who is going to break a 50 yard run.  Moss is decent as a short yardage/time eating kind of back.  Singletary is a replacement level guy.  I hate spending a first rounder on a back - so maybe we need to look in round 2/3 again.  But we need someone with speed to break a few of these runs and ourrun a defense once in a while. 

Our 1d offense needs drastic measures to make defenses respect the run. Ol is tricky because our pass protection is other worldly but run blocking is meh. Hard to make that tradeoff unless we can find a guy or two more rounded. That said I wouldn't hate Etienne. Its a short term payoff but his short routes could serve as a running game of sorts

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Me: 

My bad. I thought he got  $2M.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Agreed.  A rb like Hines would be great opposite Moss.  I wouldn’t want him to be the RB compliment to Motor though (I’m assuming we wouldn’t have a 3 back rotation)

• Like (+1) 1

Tough result for Moss and for the Bills, as he has been the best rb taking all positional responsibilities into account. Ive been especially impressed with his hands.

Bills will look to upgrade the position next year IMO. 

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, bobobonators said:

an upgrade at RB is not even close to being a priority in my opinion. You want the ball in the hands of your best player:  Allen. So what does Allen need to make him even better? A rock-solid O-line and an assortment of weapons at WR and TE. 

Moss, Singletary and Williams are more than serviceable for this offense

This. They both are very good to excellent Pass blockers and get to the Blitzer when called upon. They both catch well. and both Can run the ball hard as heck.

Hope Moss gets his health back and bummed he is missing next week and the superbowl.

Next year Zach !

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

why we have the Draft.

:)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

This. They both are very good to excellent Pass blockers and get to the Blitzer when called upon. They both catch well. and both Can run the ball hard as heck.

Hope Moss gets his health back and bummed he is missing next week and the superbowl.

Next year Zach !

why we have the Draft.

:)

Agreed. I think our running issues are in the OLine, not RB. Improve the line and it will help both Allen and RBs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

While your premise is fine how do you know Williams is the answer?  Too small a dataset to say yes.  In the playoffs do you go with the vet or the PS player.  The low risk option is Yeldon. 

Never said Williams was the answer. I know our options are limited and his sample size isn't enough to instill confidence. Just stating we need a stronger RB for the tough yards. Not going to put it all on Zach and Motor though. Our Run blocking is pretty darn bad.

That sucks.

After being distinctly unimpressed with him early, he had got up to speed with the NFL, and had become a very valuable complimentary piece to the offense.

Good 'finisher', and didn't noticeably miss blocks. Ran hard.

I feel genuinely sorry for the kid, as he has definitely been a contributor to the teams success, and it must hurt badly to no longer be a part of it, for as long as this season lasts.

• Like (+1) 1