Just gonna say it: Daboll’s worst game since the first half of the season

Alphadawg7

5 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

Our offensive gameplan was our biggest obstacle today.  It was an awful awful approach 

Yeah but 1st half field position played a huge part in that.  Don't have a lot of options backed up to the endzone all half.

1 minute ago, dakrider said:

I would also say poor execution and simply getting beat on the 3rd and 1 plays they failed on too.  Bills running backs combined for 42 yards, terrible. 

Our running backs are not very good. They are both decent number 2s but neither is a guy I want to depend on when I gotta have a play.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

run game is catatonic  rbs 10 for 21 yds  Woooof

Not sure what Moss's injury is, but we get to see what Antonio Williams can bring to our rushing attack next week.

Edited by 947
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, DQW87 said:

Yeah but 1st half field position played a huge part in that.  Don't have a lot of options backed up to the endzone all half.

That is true and I give Daboll a bit of a pass for that. But the bizarre playcalling continued into the 2nd half.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t know what Daboll was thinking today.  He went back to the early in the season mindset and making head scratching calls, trying to force the run when it wasn’t there, too conservative at times, and went with too many called QB runs.  

We are a passing team, and when he turned it loose we moved the ball with ease.  

I really hope Daboll goes back to what we have scene all during the second half of the season.  

Agree with you 100%.  The game did NOT look like a Daboll called game, and I'm sorry, but I really began to get nervous with all of the called QB runs.  Yes, Josh is an added threat in the run game, but I felt like he leaned too heavily on them in a game that like you said, was ripe for Josh to attack them through the air...several of those runs were not only unnecessary, but I held my breath every time he got tackled...those defenders were clearly trying to make an example out of Allen.  On that play where he fumbled, his knee came awfully close to being caught up underneath him...

Hopefully Daboll got that out of his system and we see him get back on track next week...

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

I'll point out just one thing missing from today's game plan.  McKittrick.  No jet sweeps, screens, quick outs, nothing.  It's like they decided to shelve him after his huge game last week.

I am not sure he was healthy. And it does hurt a bit because the motion does open some stuff up for us. I didn't see him out there unless I missed it?

4 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

It was likely the team's worst game overall since the first Pats game and yet we beat an 11-5 team and got the playoff monkey off our backs.  There's nobody they can't beat.

I think in the cold light of day tomorrow this is probably what I will think 😀

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it was one of the worst coached games of the McDermott era. And not necessarily Sean himself. I thought the plans by all 3 coordinators were mystifying. 

Why did we keep running Allen?

Why did we keep blitzing Rivers on 3rd down?

Why did we insist on the short kickoffs and the bringing out their kicks offs when struggling for Field Position?

None of it made much sense. Now ultimately that is on Sean and he will take accountability I am sure, but the Bills had some strange plans.

I don't get running Josh like we did, sure he can do it but he's far more dangerous with the option to throw.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You guys never disappoint. This result is on the defense.

Hot stinking garbage today.

Our offense was a huge concern, in large part due to the play calling. 

Our defense has been good and bad every week.  Our offense has consistently carried us.  

It was just a sloppy game on both sides.  We are lucky to get a win.  We were outplayed and outcoached.  JA made just enough plays to bail us out.