Just gonna say it: Daboll’s worst game since the first half of the season

Alphadawg7

I think the Colts are the team that best matches up against the Bills. Colts are top ten in 3 phases and coaching. 

Special teams was the worst. Bills were backed with long fields and the Colts had short field on like 80% of their drives. It was a really, really bad day for special teams. Poor tackling, poor blocking, and bad decisions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t know what Daboll was thinking today.  He went back to the early in the season mindset and making head scratching calls, trying to force the run when it wasn’t there, too conservative at times, and went with too many called QB runs.  

We are a passing team, and when he turned it loose we moved the ball with ease.  

I really hope Daboll goes back to what we have scene all during the second half of the season.  

This is a garbage take. The bills offense scored 27 points! (Enough to win). 

special teams on the other hand.. that’s where the blame lies.

in the first half every time Josh took over it was inside the 10. That’s not Dabolls fault. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think the Colts are the team that best matches up against the Bills. Colts are top ten in 3 phases and coaching. 

Special teams was the worst. Bills were backed with long fields and the Colts had short field on like 80% of their drives. It was a really, really bad day for special teams. Poor tackling, poor blocking, and bad decisions. 

Solid take - the Colts were a TOUGH match-up for the Bills (regardless of whether anyone wanted to believe that, my included - I thought we'd throw all over them).  But a top D, a good run game, strong coaching; anyone that thought a Playoff win agains them would be a walk in the park, was kidding themselves...

And the first half field position, really helped write the story of that game.  Sucked.  It happens.  We overcame.

But we DID win, 0 style points, 27, um score, points!  I'll take the close win every game, for the next three games...

Edited by Heitz

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was on the injury report all week.

What was the injury?

3 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Solid take - the Colts were a TOUGH match-up for the Bills (regardless of whether anyone wanted to believe that, my included - I thought we'd throw all over them).  But a top D, a good run game, strong coaching; anyone that thought a Playoff win agains them would be a walk in the park, was kidding themselves...

And the first half field position, really helped write the story of that game.  Sucked.  It happens.  We overcame.

But we DID win, 0 style points, 27, um score, points!  I'll take the close win every game, for the next three games...

Didn’t think it would be a walk in the park. The field position in first half hurt, but Daboll called a head scratcher we should easily had 4 to 7 more points at the end coming down to a Hail Mary was ridiculous...

19 minutes ago, Big Gun said:

I agree this was a poor game by Daboll but I was way more disappointed with the defensive gameplan. That side was atrocious. For all intents and purposes the Colt and Reich beat themselves today. 

This take doesn't strike me as particularly accurate. The defense didn't look good, but held the Colts to ten points in the 1st half despite the Colts getting great field position the whole half. The Bills had two scoring drives, but couldn't sustain their other drives and were going 3 and out against a run heavy team. That's going to wear the defense down. The defense should have played better, but they were also put in a difficult position. They came up with a goal line stop and stopped the last drive. So despite their struggles, they did come up in big moments against a top 10 offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t know what Daboll was thinking today.  He went back to the early in the season mindset and making head scratching calls, trying to force the run when it wasn’t there, too conservative at times, and went with too many called QB runs.  

We are a passing team, and when he turned it loose we moved the ball with ease.  

I really hope Daboll goes back to what we have scene all during the second half of the season.  

i would like to know whether Josh checked to any of those runs or QB draws. 

1 hour ago, Billznut said:

Our biggest obstacle today was our god awful defense. Not sure which game you watched. 

The D had a huge goal line stand in the first half. They definitely buckled later in the game, but I thought the O shot themselves in the foot trying to run it so much. If we could have gotten out to a 2-3 score lead it would have made them one dimensional. 

Our d line is is pretty small by standards? Don’t we rely on speed in up front to get pressure on the qb. It seemed like even 5-6 couldn’t get to Rivers. I’d be curious to know how our line has  fared against teams with bigger lineman. 

It seemed like our linebackers and secondary were running around with their heads cutoff at times. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

That is true and I give Daboll a bit of a pass for that. But the bizarre playcalling continued into the 2nd half.

I thought the adjustment at half would have been to go to dink and dunk. The safeties were playing so deep and daring us to run. And we know we can’t run, so take the short stuff. Death by a thousand paper cuts. They kept running deep routes, which cause some of the late sacks.

• Like (+1) 2